1,055 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you Houston for your information.

But I think I still have to go to his office for my RFE as Sandra said, I seriously don't want to go all the way back from start again.

This is such a nightmare!

Thank you so much for always be here with me.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello housemates,

I had my I-485 interview (VAWA) on June 12, 2015 in the Cleveland(Ohio) local office after being transferred by NBC Missouri and since haven't received any decision as yet. All I see on the USCIS status page is ;

"On June 28, 2015, we received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number xxxxxxxx... at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Can someone plz tell me what's going on..?

(Though I understand the Cleveland office has got no average AOS processing times as yet and that perhaps suggest they are experiencing processing delays or what..?)

Timeline

Thanks Sandra.. I had twice done e-requests and all I was told that my file is undergoing standard USCIS processing. Do tell me how to contact my congressperson about this. I mean tru phone calls to his office,writing him or going to the office directly(walk-in or appointments schedule?) and secondly, how do I explain my situation in an understandable way..?

Thanks

Franklin (you be my person ..lol_)

Anyways, I had an interview at the Houston office in April. My status online didn't change until a denial in late December. Seems like they're dealing with huge backlog.

Rebirth, did you have VAWA interview for I485 and then few months later they denied your I485? What was the reason for denial?

My evil husband withdrew his petition. I am tired of being caged into a horrendous marriage and moved out!!!

Frank: I'm a Lady Sir. :)

Edited by Rebirth

Timeline

My evil husband withdrew his petition. I am tired of being caged into a horrendous marriage and moved out!!!

Frank: I'm a Lady Sir. :)

How on earth was it possible for your "evil husband" be involved in your VAWA filing at the first place.. ? I don't just get that..! .. Or was your AOS(I-485) application not based on VAWA..? Please clarify..

Thanks

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I would like to thank everyone who has contributed. I have no lawyer, but by reading each and every post (no easy task :) ) I have been able to gather all the info I need. I will like to ask anyone who has tried this before (Sandra most especially), how can I expedite my vawa case? My grandmother passed and I would love to see her one more time before she is buried. The burial is in 2 months. Will her death certificate be enough proof? Is there a form I need to fill for this and do I need other supporting documents? Does the expedite work? Any help would be most appreciated.

Edited by veryfaithful

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

veryfailtfull they won't expedite the VAWA or AOS because your grandmother passed away, because you can travel with AP, just go in person to the USCIS office and request for EMERGENCY ADVANCE PAROLE, almost all USCIS offices issue the AP in a few hours, some offices you have to set up an appointment. You need to prove that you submitted the I-131, and then just take the I-767 with you. If you already submitted the I-131 a few weeks ago then write down a letter asking to expedite with copies of the supporting documents. Iff in 30 days, for example, you do not receive the AP then go to infopass to ask them to issue the AP.

So sorry to hear of your grandma's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Several people that filed Vawa overstayed and reentered without any problem with AP, but I cant assure you will reenter since their decision is discretionary.Check the BIA decision in the matter of ARABALLY AND YERRABALY.

Edited by sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.