Lili Voss

Letter received from the Consular Section

13 posts in this topic

Hello!

After scheduled my appointment and paid the interview in the new Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service website (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/pt-br/iv), I received a confirmation e-mail with this message: You must print this instruction page and bring it with you to your consular interview, ALONG WITH THE LETTER YOU RECEIVED FROM THE CONSULAR SECTION.

I haven't received any letter. What is the consular letter that i need to bring to interview?

Does anyone know about it?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, the letter you receive from the consular section in my view is nothing more than an email that the Rio consulate send to your email explaining all your next steps regarding the visa K1. did you get this email? i got mine yesterday in the afternoon.

I think thats it :)

Hi! Yes, I thought it would be that e-mail as well.

Some people say it's the letter from NVC with the RDJ number (that one with a barcode), but it doesn't make sense because the e-mail says "consular section" which should be something from the consulate.

So I assume it could be this one:

uscis2_zpsxcmyc6uh.jpg

I haven't gotten any letter in my house and either my fiancé, but since the brazilian consulate recently changed a few things it could be something else. I don't know haha

But thanks justinsmith632!

i think its this email you just showed above! its the one i got yesterday! just print it anyway and bring it along with you on your interview date. i'll do the same

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

They need the DS-160 page with a bar code, and I'm pretty sure the letter they're referring to is the appointment confirmation page. You're going to need to show that to enter the consulate. The embassy has a good list of the documents you need: http://portuguese.brazil.usembassy.gov/pt/order2.html. Unfortunately the English version of this page seems to not work.

I'm bringing with me this checklist and plus the consulate e-mail that I've posted above along with some letters such as NVC with RDJ number.

Thanks for the help fabalis1!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I found that bringing everything you can possibly think of will give you peace of mind. If they don't need a form/evidence you have, no problem. If they need something you don't have, problem. My fiance didn't bring the specific email you noted, but it won't hurt at all to have it.

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow I'm glad I found this thread--- I had the same question: made an interview appointment but didn't receive anything in the mail from embassy. Seems like consulates all over are updating their procedures to minimise paper and mailing costs and generally make the whole thing easier and more streamlined.

However, they haven't been very good about letting people know they're changing their system a bit. I haven't seen my fiancee in two months and would have preferred a bit more explanation about this directly from the NVC or embassy...

Thanks again

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

yes this just happened with me too. i just went online and paid the fee and scheduled the interview which is nice being able to pick the date. so when they say the letter from the consulate what are you going to bring along with the instruction page they said to print?

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey,

I'm in the same boat. Was just able to book my interview with no problems but haven't received the "letter from the Consular Section", or the email that's screenshotted above.

Anyone any suggestions? I have everything else (DS160, Medical, confirmation from NVC of receiving my case).

Cheers,

Joe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

No worries your good. Neither my fiancé or I received any letter. Just make sure to print the receipt and bring with you so it shows you pay and have an appointment that day

• 11 months later...

I was wondering if anybody has had similar problem and if you have not, I hope by sharing this story, others who have made an appointment are more prepared if this were to happen to them. My fiance had an interview appointment on August 28, 2017 in Abu Dhabi and we received the email with the instruction page from the embassy that list down what we need to do (register the appointment online, medical check up etc) and an email confirming that we had an appointment. However, on the day of the appointment, my fiance was told that the embassy did not have his case there and gave us the US visa service center call number and us visa inquiry form website to ask. The embassy had asked if he had an email directly from the consular section and I had no idea which one they're talking about. I did receive an email with the instruction page from the embassy but they said this was not it either. So, I called the call center numerous times and they told me that the case has been sent to the embassy and that my fiance had an appointment. They couldn't give us more information and that we had to contact the embassy directly. The problem was I didn't know how to contact the embassy directly because all the numbers listed on their websites and forms to fill, I had done them and none gave me an answer why my fiance was denied his appointment or why the embassy could not find his case there, nor did we get an explanation of what we could do. So, latest update was I got an email response from the US service center to make an appointment again. My fiance and I are frustrated now becuase we had spent quite sum of money to fly him to Abu Dhabi for medical check up, hotel, etc and after a week, he was just denied by the door at the embassy. Up to this point, there is still no clarity whether the embassy actually has his case or we are going to experience the same problem again because I just made another appointment for 2 weeks from now and received another email saying that you have succesfuly made the appointment and bring this letter and the email from the consular section (which I thought was the instruction file from the embassy). Anybody has any advice of what I can do? Thank you

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Its the DS-160 confirmation letter. That's the same printed paper which you took for biometrics. 

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.