spomenik

Small confusion because of RFE Master List

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone! I'm an Australian living in Canada and my fiance and I are applying for a K1 visa with pretty straightforward circumstances. No kids, no prior marriages, both natively speak English. Obviously then, there's a lot of the i129f form that doesn't apply to us and so we've left those parts blank. Our package is almost complete but then today I looked at the RFE Master List on this forum. It's really interesting to be able to see (so thanks so much to whoever has been compiling that), but I got confused by a little thing on it.

Many people seemed to have gotten requests because of Left various questions blank on I-129F form. Their fix apparently was to answer the missing questions, and in some cases it says on the spreadsheet they wrote NONE for the questions they didn't originally answer. The reason I'm confused by this is because on the government's instructions for filling out the form it clearly says to leave blank anything that doesn't apply to you. But here it seems people have been hit up with an RFE because of doing just that?

If I could get some clarification on this at all, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

For myself, I wrote none where it made sense because I saw that the contrasting information too and was also confused. "Kids?" None. "Previous marriage" None. Haven't received an RFE for that yet. Of course I left blank parts when it asked for my fiancé's A number or anything that asked for stuff that he wouldn't have.

"None" seems like an answer, at least that's how it made sense to me

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I followed the Example Form, link at top of this page.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

For myself, I wrote none where it made sense because I saw that the contrasting information too and was also confused. "Kids?" None. "Previous marriage" None. Haven't received an RFE for that yet. Of course I left blank parts when it asked for my fiancé's A number or anything that asked for stuff that he wouldn't have.

"None" seems like an answer, at least that's how it made sense to me

This is the best description. You see everyone has an answer to the question, for example, of Previous Marriages? You either can say Yes or None (meaning No). Same to children.

For A number you either had one or not. Writing None would imply your A Number was NONE. Same for middle name.....If you write None then you are telling them your middle name is NONE.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I'm sure you will be fine but in future its always a good idea to write either none or N/A (Not Applicable)rather then leave blank spaces.

Just remember also that Australia is a low fraud country so some of the things you read in the RFE master list wont always apply to Australians or others from low fraud countries. I was convinced id be getting an RFE because my fiancé never added detail on how we met just simply that we met on line through a dating site, after reading the Master List and seeing so many people say they recieved RFE's for not supplying more detail or that it wasn't a IMB I was convinced we would get an RFE but we didn't.

Hope all goes well for you.

K1-K2 VISA
FEBRUARY 2015 APPLIED FOR I-129F K1-K2
RECIEVED NOA1
AUGUST 2015 RECIEVED NOA2
SEPTEMBER 2015 SENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE
RECIEVED SYDNEY CASE NUMBER
CASE SENT TO THE SYDNEY EMBASSY
SEPTEMBER 2015 COMPLETED DS-160 K1-K2
OCTOBER 2015 MEDICAL COMPLETED
INTERVIEW - APPROVED
VISA ISSUED

DECEMBER 2015 ARRIVED INTO THE USA POA DALLAS TX 26TH DECEMBER
JANUARY 2016 MARRIED 29TH JANUARY
FEBRUARY 2016 SSN CARD RECIEVED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
MARCH 2016 SENT AOS PACKAGE K1-K2 21ST MARCH                                                       JUNE 2016 RECIEVED GREEN CARD K1-K2 11TH JUNE
ARRIVED AT THE CHICAGO LOCKBAG FACILITY 23RD MARCH

APRIL 2016 RECIEVED NOA 1 FOR AOS/EAD/AP 5TH APRIL
RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENTS 30TH APRIL
MAY 2016 BIOMETRICS TAKEN 10TH MAY

AP/EAD APPROVED K1 13TH MAY

COMBO CARD ARRIVED 21ST MAY

JUNE 2016 APPROVED AOS (NO INTERVIEW) K1-K2 3RD JUNE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks so much everyone! It's good to be able to hear tips from people who've been through this whole thing, really appreciated

Writing None would imply your A Number was NONE. Same for middle name.....If you write None then you are telling them your middle name is NONE.

hahaha it's so funny that you wrote this comment - I in fact do not have a middle name, so I'd been concerned about that EXACT thing happening. Puts the logic (or lack thereof) of my concern into perspective.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Spomenik,

I am so sorry I didn't see your post until now. I am the person who compiled the list and I had to keep the information short to make the large document less cluttered. I kept for my own record a list of the longer answers when needed so that if someone needed to clarify something on the list they could IM me their question.

The instructions are correct in saying NONE for various things that don't apply to you or leaving those blank. The questions that people got an RFE for leaving blank for the various Yes or No questions regarding the IMBRA questionnaire that was added to the Petition. You CAN NOT leave ANY of the Yes or No questions blank. A lot of people miss them since they are after the questions regarding did you meet your Fiance through a marriage broker, but they include the questions such as: Have you ever been convicted of a domestic abuse. These questions MUST be answered and can't be left blank.

I hope this helps clarify further for you, and again so sorry for the delay in my response. I follow the RFE list I created and focus on answering most questions posted in the actual thread.

Good luck with your petition!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.