Zaky001

I751 delays because of security Checks

122 posts in this topic

Oh my gosh! This is scary! I just sent my packet. Did you send it to the California Service Center? Was your 1 year extension dated after your 2nd anniversary or the day you receive the letter?

I'm a Dec 2014 filer and haven't received approval yet. I did get a RFE which I responded to and haven't heard back since.

I'm getting worried as my extension letter expires in Dec 2015 and my work are really on my case about needing proof I can still work. I have no idea what I can provide them with though, I already gave them the extension letter but understandably they are saying that only covers me until Dec.

There was no mention of security checks though, so you're not the only Dec filer having an issue

Edited by Luke + Ali

Does somebody have similar experience or have been in same slippery slot?

I am December 2014 filers and still not get my i751 approved..

Ours took two days short of one year to be approved. We received an RFE after six months (my bad) and then we waited almost another six months for the interview. From mailing the application until the 10 year GC was received more than 13 months elapsed.

On the plus side, the Agent who conducted our interview was familiar with our file, knowledgeable about the process and very pleasant.

For us, the I-751 was a marathon, not a sprint.

Good luck to all who are waiting.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Mali
Timeline

Thank you Tim and Olga...I suppose for us will be definitely end of January or begin of February. .

I RECEIVED MY BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT , SIX MONTHS AFTER SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION..

NOW THEY SEND me paper mentioned that my case is pending because of security Checks..

I SUPPOSE IF APPLICATION IS OVER MORE THAN ONE YEAR , YOU have to be prepared for interview.. that's insane..

Thank you Tim and Olga...I suppose for us will be definitely end of January or begin of February. .

I RECEIVED MY BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT , SIX MONTHS AFTER SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION..

NOW THEY SEND me paper mentioned that my case is pending because of security Checks..

I SUPPOSE IF APPLICATION IS OVER MORE THAN ONE YEAR , YOU have to be prepared for interview.. that's insane..

Timeline

Oh my gosh! This is scary! I just sent my packet. Did you send it to the California Service Center? Was your 1 year extension dated after your 2nd anniversary or the day you receive the letter?

Yes my case is at California.I think after .I guess everyone has his own and appropriate experience with USCIS...Dont be scared and it doesn't resolve the situation

Timeline

Ours took two days short of one year to be approved. We received an RFE after six months (my bad) and then we waited almost another six months for the interview. From mailing the application until the 10 year GC was received more than 13 months elapsed.

On the plus side, the Agent who conducted our interview was familiar with our file, knowledgeable about the process and very pleasant.

Thank you Tim and Olga and Congratulation..

Everyone has his Own experience and Unique process with USCIS..

I have received biometric appointement six months after submitted my application..

After six months wait: Now security Checks

I am not even come from mediteraneen Country.

So I guess after 6 months again: It would be interview or RFE or Approved..

Thank you Tim and Olga and Congratulation..

Everyone has his Own experience and Unique process with USCIS..

I have received biometric appointement six months after submitted my application..

After six months wait: Now security Checks

I am not even come from mediteraneen Country.

So I guess after 6 months again: It would be interview or RFE or Approved..

Filed: Timeline

Well i guess i am not the only one waiting for such a long time. I am a May 2014 filer, i been stuck on background check also. i called a tier 2 rep they told me they take more than 180 days, she told me just wait. But at the same time i file my n400, lets c if this speed this process up. such a long journey

Well i guess i am not the only one waiting for such a long time. I am a May 2014 filer, i been stuck on background check also. i called a tier 2 rep they told me they take more than 180 days, she told me just wait. But at the same time i file my n400, lets c if this speed this process up. such a long journey

It is indeed such a long journey! Though I just mailed mine, I would be interested in doing what you did if I get to the point where I am stuck. So when you filed your N-400, did you just send a copy of the extension and the expired gc to show that you have been an LPR for 3 years?

Timeline

Let's us know about your N400 citizenship..Maybe that will be one of options to expedite a process..At this point , we just have to wait and release a pressure by forget USCIS..

Timeline

Maybe something is wrong with our case...what did a immigration officer told about your case when he put a stamp on your passport..

Filed: Timeline

No,

i have not received any RFE.

I checked for about 200 EAC numbers and there are about 20 CRI89 records that have been transferred to CSC/local office between August 17th and August 20th that have not been adjudicated and are in Case received / Transferred status. Which means they are Jan or Feb 2015 filers at VSC.

The logical explanation as per my opinion is that

1. Cases were transferred

2. Then, they were processed - RFE's issued / Approval granted for those cases where the security checks had come back

3. People who responded to RFEs are still watiing adjudicatin also. Means they are also stuck in security checks.

Seems like a large batch of cases is stuck in security checks and the authorities are too lazy to follow up on that with the background check agency.

No,

i have not received any RFE.

I checked for about 200 EAC numbers and there are about 20 CRI89 records that have been transferred to CSC/local office between August 17th and August 20th that have not been adjudicated and are in Case received / Transferred status. Which means they are Jan or Feb 2015 filers at VSC.

The logical explanation as per my opinion is that

1. Cases were transferred

2. Then, they were processed - RFE's issued / Approval granted for those cases where the security checks had come back

3. People who responded to RFEs are still watiing adjudicatin also. Means they are also stuck in security checks.

Seems like a large batch of cases is stuck in security checks and the authorities are too lazy to follow up on that with the background check agency.

Oh my! So I will might be on the same boat as everybody then. I just filed my ROC. So we really don't have a common denominator as to why they all are delayed due to security checks?

Timeline

I am in the same boat. Waiting since July 2014. Nothing new. I got my I-551 stamp. I will wait for 4 more months.

Officer should look at your case and tell you what's wrong with your case...

My case was just retarded because I did my biometric late@Six months after I applied@.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.