BLee525

Timeline and Affidavit of Support Questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've been browsing this site for a while and posted a little. And I try not to ask questions that I can find answers too. But I feel like I've done a good amount of digging and just can't get solid answers on a few things.

My fiancé has scheduled his interview for Jan 11 (can't go any sooner since he will be here). Once he has completed his interview we complete the readiness forms and he is put in line for an interview date. I've read that takes about 4-6 weeks. My question is, how far out do they tend to schedule interview dates? We are hoping to have everything all said and done so he can make his move over in the last week of April. Does this sound within the realm of possibilities for this process?

And then with the proof of income for the affidavit of support I've read a couple different things. I have two children, but in my divorce agreement with my exhusband I only claim one child for taxes. So when they ask household size are they asking for the literal size (which will be 4) or what it will be come tax time (which would be 3)?

Also I've heard conflicting reports on if child support is counted as "income" as far as the affidavit of support is concerned. The money is directly deposited into my bank account weekly from my ex-husbands employer. So if you're looking at my bank statements it looks like I'm getting a weekly paycheck from UPS vs him personally. Does this count or not towards my total income?

Thank you in advance for anyone who takes the time to reply. This site has been SUCH a tremendous help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Assume you mean the medical scheduled for 11th Jan? If that's the case then as long as everything is ok at the medical then the interviews seem to be scheduling within 6 weeks. If the interview is straightforward & approved then the end of April should work.

I can't answer the financial question, I'm sure someone else on here will be able to advise you.

Good luck ?

11/09/14 - Met in Little Rock, Arkansas
12/13/14 - Officially started dating
03/24/15 - Vacation in Dallas, Little Rock & Memphis
04/02/15 - I-129F sent
04/03/15 - Officially engaged
04/08/15 - NOA1 received
05/05/15 - NOA2 received
05/18/15 - Case received at NVC
05/26/15 - Case received at London Embassy
10/09/15 - Medical - referred for GP investigations for thyroid
11/20/15 - Medical results delivered to Embassy after medical GP delay
01/11/16 - Interview - APPROVED

03/12/16 - POE Atlanta, Georgia

04/08/16 - Married

05/03/16 - AOS submitted

05/11/16 - AOS NOA1

06/01/16 - Biometrics (Memphis)

07/19/16 - Case Inquiry submitted online for EAD

I've been browsing this site for a while and posted a little. And I try not to ask questions that I can find answers too. But I feel like I've done a good amount of digging and just can't get solid answers on a few things.

My fiancé has scheduled his interview for Jan 11 (can't go any sooner since he will be here). Once he has completed his interview we complete the readiness forms and he is put in line for an interview date. I've read that takes about 4-6 weeks. My question is, how far out do they tend to schedule interview dates? We are hoping to have everything all said and done so he can make his move over in the last week of April. Does this sound within the realm of possibilities for this process?

I think you mean he has scheduled his medical Jan 11. It most likely will not take 4-6 weeks before they send out the interview letter. The timing of the letter and how far out the appointment is pretty variable. This thread shows experiences of how long between the medical date and interview interview date. Go to the last post. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/549078-medical-to-interview-date-how-long-2015-data/

Then see the thread showing how long between the interview and getting the visa delivery. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/550974-interview-date-to-visa-in-hand-how-long-2015-data/

And then with the proof of income for the affidavit of support I've read a couple different things. I have two children, but in my divorce agreement with my exhusband I only claim one child for taxes. So when they ask household size are they asking for the literal size (which will be 4) or what it will be come tax time (which would be 3)?

Also I've heard conflicting reports on if child support is counted as "income" as far as the affidavit of support is concerned. The money is directly deposited into my bank account weekly from my ex-husbands employer. So if you're looking at my bank statements it looks like I'm getting a weekly paycheck from UPS vs him personally. Does this count or not towards my total income?

Thank you in advance for anyone who takes the time to reply. This site has been SUCH a tremendous help.

If you have looked at the I134 http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134.pdf , it doesn't actually come up with a household count. It asks who you wholly or partially support. It is not a black and white calculation deciding whether you are in or you're out. Much is left to the descretion of the officer. The Dept of State actually says 100% of the poverty level is an acceptable number for a fiance I-134.

For guidance, many read the instructions for the I-864 which you will fill out for adjustment of status. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/550974-interview-date-to-visa-in-hand-how-long-2015-data/

You will notice the following--

Page 6 Household count--Enter the number of unmarried children you have who are under 21 years of age, even if you do not have legal custody of these children. You may exclude any unmarried children under 21 years of age, if these children have reached majority under the law of their place of domicile and you do not claim them as dependents on your Federal income tax returns.

I think that is saying count your kids unless one has reached 18 years old and is not on your tax return.

Page 7 Current Individual Income-- If your claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest income, or income from any other source, you may also include evidence of that income.

That documents that child support counts.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.