Amhara

December 2015 AOS filer status

1,701 posts in this topic

No... did you get initial or further evidence? I sent proof of citizenship for both my husband and my joint sponsor

No, we haven't gotten RFE yet. I bet it's tough trying not to think about your RFE if the clock starts all over again! Why is the letter taking so long?

However, there are many in the November 2015 AOS filer camp that haven't gotten any movement. I am surprised that we have some in our month that have gotten some! The latest November filers will hit their 75 day waiting in about three weeks and their 90 days in about five weeks. I think those are going to be lively weeks for us as well!

Signature coming soon...

I found this description of both initial and further (additional) evidence on the USCIS website. You either didn't send them something or they lost it (initial) or you sent them everything but they need even more evidence to either approve/deny etc (further/additional) nothing about starting over or anything but as long as you do what it asks then approval shouldn't be too far away. In fact I've seen timelines of both October AOS and November AOS filers receive RFE's and they've been approved about a month after it. If you have the timeline subscription thing enabled you'll get a notification of others' movement who are within your filing date and same location/petition. In fact just in the last week I got a notification from both an October and November filer timeline update, both of which received RFE's and both have been approved their Green Cards relatively straight after their response.

Keep positive I guess is all we can do, trying not to let the worry sink in until I get my hardcopy RFE. As difficult as it may be... :)

Request for Evidence

A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility for the benefit sought. We may send you a request for evidence at any stage of our review. The request will indicate what evidence or information is needed for us to fully evaluate your application or petition. The notice will explain where to send the evidence and will give the deadline for your response. Your application or petition will be held in suspense during that time. If you receive a request for evidence and have questions about what you need to submit, you may call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys so I finally called the USCIS and found out that my application has been processed and the NOAs were sent but I have not received them yet. But atleast I was able to get my receipt #. I have another issue at this point. I was told by the USCIS officer that they never received my I-765. I had co-filed I-485, I-130 & I-765 in the same application package. I got receipt #s for the I-130 & I-485 but not for the I-765 as they don't have a 765 for me in the system :( I was asked to resend my I-765. Is the biometrics appointment for the I-485 or I-765?

Hey guys so I finally called the USCIS and found out that my application has been processed and the NOAs were sent but I have not received them yet. But at least I was able to get my receipt #. I have another issue at this point. I was told by the USCIS officer that they never received my I-765. I had co-filed I-485, I-130 & I-765 in the same application package. I got receipt #s for the I-130 & I-485 but not for the I-765 as they don't have a 765 for me in the system :( I was asked to resend my I-765. Is the biometrics appointment for the I-485 or I-765?

I would suggest that you wait for the NOA's. If you can pull up your cases on USCIS, then see if you can change the last digit on your receipt number. Add one and subtract one number from the last digit to the receipt number and see if either of those are a I-765 and have a receipt date the same as yours. Maybe the rep can't see it? If one of those numbers match the same receipt date of your other two cases and are for a EAD, you may want to call back and ask if that is your case.

In the folder we sent, I put the I-485 first, then the I-765, and lastly the I-131. That's the same sequence our case numbers are in. Was your I-765 between the I-485 and I-131?

Signature coming soon...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hey guys so I finally called the USCIS and found out that my application has been processed and the NOAs were sent but I have not received them yet. But atleast I was able to get my receipt #. I have another issue at this point. I was told by the USCIS officer that they never received my I-765. I had co-filed I-485, I-130 & I-765 in the same application package. I got receipt #s for the I-130 & I-485 but not for the I-765 as they don't have a 765 for me in the system :( I was asked to resend my I-765. Is the biometrics appointment for the I-485 or I-765?

The biometrics is required for both the I-485 and I-765. I have heard of some rare cases of people getting two seperate appointments - one for each, but I think most of us only do one biometrics appointment for both. When you receive your biometrics appointment, it will state which applications it relates to (mine listed both the I485 and I-765).

If you get a biometrics appointment and it only states the I-485 on the letter, then I would plan on the fact that you will have to do a second one for I-765 at some point.

12.23.2015: AOS package mailed

12.24.2015: AOS package received

01.06.2016: NOA1 received by text and emaiil

01.11.2016: NOA1 received in mail

01.20.2016: Biometrics completed (early walk-in)

03.08.2016: Approaching regulatory timeframe SR Request submitted for EAD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Done with Biometrics today!

Newark NJ was quite busy due to being short-staffed with the upcoming snow storm! We waited an hour for our turn.

Congrats Babushaka for the I-485 change of status.

Stay safe everyone

Babushka: Congrats. Hoping for the same speed

R&C: If you married on or before Dec 31 then your status for 2015 is married. I used Turbo Tax and when I entered and filed as married I saved a bunch of money in lower taxes because the married filing jointly bracket taxes are lower. Buy a version of Turbo Tax and the program does all the work for you and chooses the best class to file under.

To file as married your spouse will need a Social Security number. We filed for my wife's a few days after my wife arrived in the US. If you waited you may have difficulty getting it and that may impact when you file your taxes. Good Luck.

Hey Kyle and Linh, Thanks alot for the info, it is really expensive to hire tax preparer nowadays and Atlanta tax preparer some are really not knowledgeable and all they do is to suck your money out, previously one that my husband hired spelt his name wrongly! My husband and I intend to file through turbo tax too and we were wondering if it is ok for us since I'm pending aos, I do have SSN 3 months ago, shouldn't be a problem I guess. We don't have any assets since we are young couple, job is the only income he has, however in 2015 he had a job change in June, so I hope it wont be complicated.

Amhara: That is alot of info for taxes that I really need to read up and look into! Thanks alot!

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

I was checking the MSC case numbers near our number and it seems like many of the I-485 cases that were received December 10th have been sent initial RFE's, and they all seem to be on January 19th. I found one I-485 that is similar to my case number that says the case was received (not that fees were received), so I will be keeping an eye on them. Now I think I will see cases younger than mine, if I get time.

Signature coming soon...

I guess right after the biometrics appointment it's just a waiting game now?

And the biometrics is for both the EAD AND the Green Card?

The lady who took my biometrics said it was for both. Plus I noticed when she scanned the barcodes on my appointment letter, it came up with the numbers for my Green Card and then EAD.

We finally received our biometrics letter today! It's scheduled for 10 am on February 5th. I'm banking on the Dallas court completing my husband's name change next week and keeping our InfoPass appointment. Maybe we will be able to get his biometrics done a week early? I seen on the biometrics/field office thread posted here that Dallas will allow early appointment if you have a reason. Maybe us being there will be a good enough reason? But you never know...

We are on day 45 and if we have our biometrics done the scheduled date, that will be day 58. So to me, the worst case scenario is that we have another 45 days to wait as of today (waiting full 90 days for EAD). Best case is that after the biometrics we will have another 17 more days until we reach the 75 day mark where we may be able to submit a service request. So all in all, it's not so bad.

We also received our response for the service request today too. The biometric letter is dated January 16th, and our service request letter is dated January 20th. So we are moving along. Glad to see our biometric letter is for both GC and EAD!

Signature coming soon...

We finally received our biometrics letter today! It's scheduled for 10 am on February 5th. I'm banking on the Dallas court completing my husband's name change next week and keeping our InfoPass appointment. Maybe we will be able to get his biometrics done a week early? I seen on the biometrics/field office thread posted here that Dallas will allow early appointment if you have a reason. Maybe us being there will be a good enough reason? But you never know...

We are on day 45 and if we have our biometrics done the scheduled date, that will be day 58. So to me, the worst case scenario is that we have another 45 days to wait as of today (waiting full 90 days for EAD). Best case is that after the biometrics we will have another 17 more days until we reach the 75 day mark where we may be able to submit a service request. So all in all, it's not so bad.

We also received our response for the service request today too. The biometric letter is dated January 16th, and our service request letter is dated January 20th. So we are moving along. Glad to see our biometric letter is for both GC and EAD!

Great news. Definitely try for the biometrics - it would be cruel if they didn't let you do it ?.

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got a notification from the case tracker app that my status changed to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"!

(Package rec'd Dec 11 Chicago, Did my biometrics Jan 07)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Just got a notification from the case tracker app that my status changed to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"!

(Package rec'd Dec 11 Chicago, Did my biometrics Jan 07)

Good luck!

Finally! Yay!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.