Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

Today my status for I 485 changed to Ready for interview. Yeah!!!!! :joy:

Congrats! Can't wait for the rest of us to have the same! :D

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

We are going to file MFJ. My husband didn't have any income last year, so we don't need to worry about adding his income on our return. He doesn't have an SSN, but we anticipate that he should have it by this March at the latest. That gives us time to file the return by the due date. I prepare my returns by hand, so I will know our tax due/refund status early on so if we owe, then I can pay the balance before the due date.

MFJ (married filing jointly) is especially beneficial for those of us in apartments and not enough deductions to itemize. You will get the MFJ standard deduction AND get to add your spouse's personal exemption. That means more of your income is sheltered from tax.

Our 2016 return should be sweet because we will be able to get the American Opportunity tax credit, which is a healthy sized tax credit. All for the next four years! Yes! (Well, tuition is a good chunk of dough...)

Signature coming soon...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Ugh I can't wait to get my rfe in the mail.. I really want to know what I messed up on. I swear I did everything perfectly. Checked over everything 20 times before I sent it out..

(L) Meike & Alex (L)

2nbu1cx.jpg

Got engaged :wub:(August 29th, 2014)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Click Spoiler to show i-129F K-1 Visa application processes

hgOf2QL.png?1

November 16th - Applied for SS Card
November 16th - Got marriage certificate

November 20th - Married!!! <3
December 9th - AOS package sent

December 18th - NOA's received for all three!!

December 21st - NOA1 hard copy in the mail

Dec 30th - Bio-metrics letter in the mail

Jan 12th, 2016 - Bio-metrics completed!!

Jan 15th - RFIEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 23rd - RFIE response mailed back
Feb 26th - RFIE response received
March 8th - EAD/AP APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! (On my birthday too~)

March 16th - Card received in the mail~
May 17th - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!! NO INTERVIEW NEEDED

May 23rd - NOA approval in the mail

May 25th - Green card in HAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Future ROC filing date: Feb 16th, 2018

So side track alittle, I know I shouldn't post it here but because we are all in the same pending case, just wondering if you guys are going to file for taxes married filing jointly? Do you guys get tax preparer or diy using turbotax? Is it that simple to use turbo tax? My husband and I are fresh newly weds, without any assets or property, we are living in rented apartment, and other than his job that's all he has for income. What do you guys suggest?

when you go to the search bar at the top, put in filing taxes or something like that, there are a few threads I have read through.

We will be filing "married filing jointly" because I had no income in the US last year. But I did have income in my homecountry, so we have to declare that on a separate form (2555 I think?). But the exemption for that seems to be very high, I had a good income and I am nowhere near reaching the limit. Obviously I did pay taxes in Austria last year (there we have them deducted out of our paycheck and get what we paid too much back IF we bother to file a taxreturn).

Our 2016 return should be sweet because we will be able to get the American Opportunity tax credit, which is a healthy sized tax credit. All for the next four years! Yes! (Well, tuition is a good chunk of dough...)

What is that? Never heard of it (big surprise lol). My husband is currently paying my tuition, because I have no income, but it is making him grouchy :-P

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's very good news! Congrats and good luck!

So side track alittle, I know I shouldn't post it here but because we are all in the same pending case, just wondering if you guys are going to file for taxes married filing jointly? Do you guys get tax preparer or diy using turbotax? Is it that simple to use turbo tax? My husband and I are fresh newly weds, without any assets or property, we are living in rented apartment, and other than his job that's all he has for income. What do you guys suggest?

I think this year we are filing married but seperately. I dont' have income in the U.S. yet but still have to do my Canadian taxes, so that seems like the easy way to do it this year. Next year though we will file jointly

08.10.2007- Started talking on IMDb
05.30.2009- Met in person
06.07.2014- Got engaged
K-1 Timeline
04.04.2015: I-129F Mailed
04.09.2015: Electronic NOA1 Received, sent to California Service Center
06.02.2015: NOA2!
06.05.2015 NOA2 Hardcopy
07.07.2015 Consulate Received
07.17.2015 Packet 3 received/submitted
07.17.2015 Packet 4 received
08.21.2015 Medical
08.25.2015 Interview-approved!
10.03.2015: POE ( Calgary International Airport)
11.13.15: Married my love <3

AOS Timeline

12.15.2015: I-485/I-765/I-131 and supporting documents mailed

12.22.2015: USCIS Received

12.24.2015: NOA Date (as found on I797's)

12.27.2015: NOA1 received by text email for all 3

01.02.2016: NOA1 received in mail

01.28.2016: Biometrics in Chula Vista

03.07.2016; Filed service request (Service request number not currently assigned for processing)

03.14.2016: EAD Update, New Card being Produced

03.19.2016: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

Literally just got the text...RFE on it's way! Highly anticipated this though, I'm pretty sure it'll be for my mother-in-laws (my co-sponsor) official IRS transcripts, I did send in all other financial documents but because she didn't have these available when I filed I took the risk and filed anyway. No biggie, if it's that. It's movement regardless, now just to wait for the hardcopy and get it sorted...​

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

What is that? Never heard of it (big surprise lol). My husband is currently paying my tuition, because I have no income, but it is making him grouchy :-P

There are two tax credits available for those that paid tuition in the tax year - American Opportunity (AOTC) and Lifetime Learning (LLTC). If you are going for undergrad coursework, then AOTC is the way to go. If you are pursuing graduate classes or once you claimed AOTC for four years, you claim the LLTC. You can claim the tax credit (TC) if you paid out of pocket or with student loans; however, you can't claim any amounts paid with non-taxable scholarships. The tax credits do have income limitations, but tax software can calculate them for you. If anyone here was taking college courses in 2015, you should be getting a Form 1098-T, which will be used to calculate the tax credit. So tell him that what he pays the college will help buffer the tax bill next year! LOL

Signature coming soon...

So my husband was reading today that there are two different types of rfe's. RFIE and RFFE. One is request for INITIAL evidence and one is for FURTHER evidence.

The further evidence RFE pauses the 60-90 days timeframe... but the initial evidence RFE restarts the 60-90 day timeframe. We got the Initial evidence one. We've already done the necessary stuff and sent it back... but does anyone know... the RFIE was for our I-485.... will this delay getting EAD/AP????

Thanks a bunch

06/18/2012 - We met in New York :) 

11/18/2014 - Sent off our I-129F packet to Dallas

12/01/2014 - Hardcopy of NOA1 received in the mail

12/22/2014 - Hardcopy of NOA2 received in the mail

01/26/2015 - Case now listed as "Ready"

04/02/2015 - Medical

04/25/2015 - #2 Packet 4 received

06/02/2015 - Interview - APPROVED!

06/08/2015 - AP

06/09/2015 - Issued!

06/12/2015 - VISA IN HAND!!

08/22/2015 - POE: Charlotte, North Carolina

10/18/2015 - MARRIED! Chicago, Illinois

12/08/2015 - Sent AOS package

12/11/2015 - AOS delivered in Chicago

12/15/2015 - NOA1 received via text/email 10:30pm EST

12/19/2015 - Hardcopy of all three NOA1's received

12/31/2015 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Received!

01/11/2016 - Biometrics Complete Charlotte, NC

01/13/2016 - Checked Case Status online, RFE mailed 1/12/2016

01/19/2016 - Request for Initial Evidence received

01/20/2016 - Request for Initial Evidence sent back

01/26/2016 - Request for Initial Evidence received by USCIS

02/24/2016 - EAD/AP approved! (No text, email or notification, found out via checking case tracker app)

02/29/2016 - Card was mailed!!

03/02/2016 - EAD/AP COMBO CARD RECIEVED

05/20/2016 - APPROVED.

05/28/2016 - Green Card in Hand!!!

03/05/2018 - Filed ROC to Vermont Service Sent

03/16/2018 - NOA1 dated 

04/27/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Letter (then had to reschedule due to vacation)

06/01/2018 Biometrics Appt. Completed (Very Easy)

There are two tax credits available for those that paid tuition in the tax year - American Opportunity (AOTC) and Lifetime Learning (LLTC). If you are going for undergrad coursework, then AOTC is the way to go. If you are pursuing graduate classes or once you claimed AOTC for four years, you claim the LLTC. You can claim the tax credit (TC) if you paid out of pocket or with student loans; however, you can't claim any amounts paid with non-taxable scholarships. The tax credits do have income limitations, but tax software can calculate them for you. If anyone here was taking college courses in 2015, you should be getting a Form 1098-T, which will be used to calculate the tax credit. So tell him that what he pays the college will help buffer the tax bill next year! LOL

Ah, thanks for the explanation!

I am thinking that this must be what my husband referred to when he mentioned that at least next year we will be able to apply the tuition expenses towards the taxes.

Life here is SO much more EXPENSIVE than were I am from, I am still having to learn a whole deal :-D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Today my status for I 485 changed to Ready for interview. Yeah!!!!! :joy:

wow! congrats

AOS Journey

12/03/2015 - Submitted AOS, EAD, & AP

12/09/2015 - USCIS Received

12/13/2015 - Received 3 texts confirming receipt

12/17/2015 - Received Hard Copy

01/07/2016 - Biometrics completed

01/08/2016 - Received an RFE

02/19/2016 - Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

​03/30/2016 - EAD/AP approved

​04/01/2016 - EAD/AP mailed

04/01/2016 - AOS Interview/approved card is being produced

04/06/2016 - EAD/AP received

04/09/2016 - Green Card Recieved

​01/01/2018 - ROC

Timeline

So my husband was reading today that there are two different types of rfe's. RFIE and RFFE. One is request for INITIAL evidence and one is for FURTHER evidence.

The further evidence RFE pauses the 60-90 days timeframe... but the initial evidence RFE restarts the 60-90 day timeframe. We got the Initial evidence one. We've already done the necessary stuff and sent it back... but does anyone know... the RFIE was for our I-485.... will this delay getting EAD/AP????

Thanks a bunch

NOOOOO :(((( I got the Initial evidence as well!!

Has anyone in here gotten further evidence?!

(L) Meike & Alex (L)

2nbu1cx.jpg

hgOf2QL.png?1

NOOOOO :(((( I got the Initial evidence as well!!

Did you get your RFE letter yet?

I was wondering if I missed sending my proof of US citizenship, but I was reading on the instructions to I-864, that if you already sent proof with your Form I-129F, then you don't need to resend it. Phew! However, joint sponsors do need to send proof.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Did you get your RFE letter yet?

I was wondering if I missed sending my proof of US citizenship, but I was reading on the instructions to I-864, that if you already sent proof with your Form I-129F, then you don't need to resend it. Phew! However, joint sponsors do need to send proof.

No... did you get initial or further evidence? I sent proof of citizenship for both my husband and my joint sponsor

(L) Meike & Alex (L)

2nbu1cx.jpg

hgOf2QL.png?1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.