Sixer

N-400 December 2015 Filers

1,636 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you Jimmy.

Well, I had my interview today. Unfortunately, the result was " A Decision cannot yet be made about your application"

She told me that she has to ask her supervisor if I am OK with my continuous residence and my physical presence requirements.

I applied under 3 years rule. I know that I have multiple and long trips to Europe, as my husband lives and work there. But we have been married for 27 years and she didn't seem to have any objection about that although she asked me if I live with my husband and I answered that I spent some time of the year in Europe with my husband (and that's the reason for my multiple long trips) and some time in the States with my sons.

I am sure that everything is calculated very very correctly and I hope the immigration not to find anything else to delay my procedure again.

Some things about my visit to USCIS office today.

Too many people there, waiting their interview or their oath. My appointment was for 9 am and she (my interviewer) called me at 9.20. She started with civics, which I passed right away. The questions were:

1. Who is in charge of the executive branch.

2. If the president can no longer serve, who becames President?

3. What was one reason colonists came to America?

4. There are four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote. Describe one of them.

5. During the Cold War, what was the main concernof the United states?

6. Why does the flag have 50 stars?

I don't remember the reading portion, but the writing was about "California has the most people?" I am not quite sure.

Now I have to wait their decision. Do you know the time frame for their answer?

Thanks in advance

I hope it all works out for you soon! :-)

It's tricky with the 3 year rule when it comes to spouses who don't live together. The intent of the requirement is to prove you are in a legitimate relationship, but the wording of the rule states that you need to be living together. So you meet the intent of the requirement but you fail to meet the letter of the requirement. That's why the interviewer wants to check with a supervisor.

They have 120 days to make a decision but they usually respond sooner than that. I would expect something within a month or two, but there's no telling. Best case scenario, your status will change to inline for oath within days.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Your biggest concern may turn out to be rain and flooding.

Are you driving up from Lake Jackson on the morning of your interview or staying in Houston the night before?

Keep an eye on the USCIS office closings page this week.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings

Yes I just worried about that! In Lake Jackson rain not too much I just hope it better at saturday!

I gonna drive from LJ to Houston that day!

Timeline

You guy been married for 27 years why you applied under 3 years rule?

I assume stravoula only meets the physical presence and/or continuous residence requirement for the past 3 years and not the past 5.

Example: couple married for 20 years and living abroad. Moved to the U.S. 3 years ago and husband gets GC. Wife gets job abroad and they want to move before the 5 year mark.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline

I assume stravoula only meets the physical presence and/or continuous residence requirement for the past 3 years and not the past 5.

Example: couple married for 20 years and living abroad. Moved to the U.S. 3 years ago and husband gets GC. Wife gets job abroad and they want to move before the 5 year mark.

Exactly. I only met the physical presence and continuous residence requirement for the past 3 years and not the past 5.

Timeline

There's nothing on the USCIS website about the Houston field office being closed today; which is surprising.

Good luck to Boy15(1) today and be careful with driving up there... if you haven't left already, check highway conditions to see which are closed due to flooding.

Angelina and Boy15(2) will need to do the same tomorrow.

Edited by JimmyHou

Timeline

My dad passed the interview today. Hope my mom will also pass tomorrow :)

Good luck you guys. Go Houston!

Congratulations to Dad and good luck to Mom!

Did they give your dad an oath letter today or did they ask him to wait for one in the mail? Houston has done both in the past.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congratulations to Dad and good luck to Mom!

Did they give your dad an oath letter today or did they ask him to wait for one in the mail? Houston has done both in the past.

Congrats to your dad! Tomorrow i have same interview with your mom!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

My dad passed the interview today. Hope my mom will also pass tomorrow :)

Good luck you guys. Go Houston!

Congrats to him and best of luck to her!

Timeline

Coming up this week for Dec2015ers...

We have the following interviews scheduled:

Monday: -

Tuesday: JimmyHou

Wednesday: -

Thursday: -

Friday: -

We have the following naturalization ceremonies scheduled:

None

Good luck, to me!

Timeline

Good luck to you JimmyHou !

Thank you.

How was your interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.