Sixer

N-400 December 2015 Filers

1,636 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was placed inline for interview scheduling this morning. I received an e-mail update and my online case status was updated around 11:30am. I did not receive a text message, which is why it took a couple of hours for me to notice. My status now says that USCIS "started the interview scheduling process." Not sure if this is related to the online inquiry I made last week, but I'm inclined to say that it is.

So how many months from you " inline for schedule" Jimmy? I live in Houston too!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So how many months from you " inline for schedule" Jimmy? I live in Houston too!

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

Congratulations! Finally!

I had a feeling that this week I become the last and only December looser XDDD

Fingers crossed for you and Stavroula58

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Guam
Timeline

Hello

I had my interview this morning and everything went smoothly. I was recommended for approval on the spot. I don't know why some USCIS office still requested more evidence after all they had gotten from Previous filings. The lady that interviewed me asked for nothing but my 2015txcrip. And i was the kind of guy that didn't have much documents to show during my previous filings. Thank God for everything tho. I'm getting closer. Just waiting for the Oath letter and be done. Congrats JIMMYHOU ON YOUR ONLINE MORTIFICATION. I'M NOT ALWAYS CHATTY ON HERE BUT ALWAYS READING AND FOLLOWING YOU. YOU'RE A GOOD WRITER TOO. KEEP IT UP. GOOD LUCK ALL.

Physicist.

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline

Hi everyone. I am so happy, for the following message :

Case Is In Line For An Interview

On April 26, 2016, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*00********. We will send you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Please note that I haven't submit any request. I just wait to see what is going to happen.

Good luck to the last one Spmaria!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everyone. I am so happy, for the following message : Case Is In Line For An Interview

On April 26, 2016, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*00********. We will send you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Please note that I haven't submit any request. I just wait to see what is going to happen.

I knew it!!! Congratulations :)))

Thank you, but today I realized my case will be stuck for a loooooooong time. I was expelled from the university by mistake with another student during our junior year - someone lost the journal with our grades and attending hours. It took us a year and a student's mother who was a lawyer to be able to go back without loosing honors, money and credits. I thought nothing could be worse than that but then USCIS happened XDDDD Heh (((

Edited by Spmaria

Timeline

Thank you, but today I realized my case will be stuck for a loooooooong time. I was expelled from the university by mistake with another student during our junior year - someone lost the journal with our grades and attending hours. It took us a year and a student's mother who was a lawyer to be able to go back without loosing honors, money and credits. I thought nothing could be worse than that but then USCIS happened XDDDD Heh (((

That shouldn't have any impact on your case.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

Hi everyone. I am so happy, for the following message : Case Is In Line For An Interview

Maybe just a coincidence for us? But what an odd coincidence... especially when you consider that groovyaardvark created an inquiry a week earlier and was placed inline a week earlier.

Maybe they update once a week?

Rather confusing... I think in the case of someone who's waited for many months, an inquiry helps. In our cars, I don't know.

Congrats on being in line for the interview JimmyHou!!!!! Hopefully you get your interview notice soon, nothing but good vibes to you :)

Thanks very much! Very nice of you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

That shouldn't have any impact on your case.

Lol my bad. I wrote it to demonstrate that luck usually not on my side. That is what always happens to me. My flights got canceled, my apartment flooded because my neighbors forgot to turn off the washing machine. And out of the group of random people I am usually the last one to get approved for whatever I need an approval....

I'm trying to count how long did my adjustment of status take us.... Exactly 5 months. And our friends been waiting for 8+ months. They didn't check me for 3+ months, wonder what happened in 4 years that it takes so long to clear my background this time.

Edited by Spmaria

Timeline

I hope you get your notice soon. Someone had to be last and yuur background check might be taking a little longer. Or it may be because your application was sent shortly after the rest of us. Not sure. But hang in there. Also remember that you may still be naturalized long before the rest of us! Good luck.

Lol my bad. I wrote it to demonstrate that luck usually not on my side. That is what always happens to me. My flights got canceled, my apartment flooded because my neighbors forgot to turn off the washing machine. And out of the group of random people I usually the last to got approved for whatever I need an approval....

I'm trying to count how long did my adjustment of status take us.... Exactly 5 months. And out friends been waiting for 8+ months. They didn't check me for 3+ months , wonder what happened in 4 years that it takes so long to clear my background this time.

Ha! I see! Well, bad luck or not, you seem to get approved in the end!

Filed: Other Timeline

Not so sure.. the case status page still says that the inquiry has not been assigned, but they're clearly not great at updating things. My guess is that the inquiry caused someone to look at my case and he/she said, "Oh! This guy's background check is done! I'll go ahead and put him inline."

Hopefully the background check really is done... some people make it to the interview and are told that it hasn't been completed.

Just to clarify, this was an online inquiry; not a Service Request placed by a Tier II officer on the phone.

How come?

You said that: My status now says that USCIS "started the interview scheduling process." in another post.

However, you also said "the case status page still says that the inquiry has not been assigned".

I am confused. Is there a status of your inquiry and of your case?

Timeline

How come?

You said that: My status now says that USCIS "started the interview scheduling process." in another post.

However, you also said "the case status page still says that the inquiry has not been assigned".

I am confused. Is there a status of your inquiry and of your case?

Exactly.

Filed: Other Timeline

3 x 1......

Timeline

Just to recap: there were 4 of us who filed in December who were waiting to be placed inline.

One created an inquiry two weeks ago and was placed inline last week.

One created an inquiry last week and was placed inline yesterday.

One did nothing and was placed inline yesterday.

One created an inquiry last week and hasn't heard anything yet.

For anyone who's following this, I don't think your take-away should be that creating an inquiry will move things along at such an early stage (3 months after biometrics). Just my opinion.

Timeline

And with my update from yesterday, we can close out our little experiment on inline dates for early filers... updating my inline date below.

Inline date predictor

Keeping track of December 2015 early-filers to test the accuracy of the prediction that you'll be placed inline for interview 1 month before your GC anniversary date assuming you've completed biometrics by then.

Applicant GC Date Inline Prediction
Groovyaardvark 02/15 04/18 Incorrect
spring333 02/19 01/19 Correct
quan12 03/01 02/01 Correct
osune22 03/05 02/05 Correct
Kwakun 03/07 02/08 Correct *

Pete's Dragon 03/13 02/15 Correct **
Ms Hogan 03/14 02/15 Correct **
JimmyHou 03/15 04/26 Incorrect

trangyakan 03/15 02/15 Correct **
Sixer 03/18 02/18 Correct

* 02/07 was a Sunday
** 02/13 and 02/14 were a Saturday and a Sunday - applicants were placed inline on 02/15, which was Presidents Day

Out of the 10 of us who filed early, 8 were placed inline exactly 1 month before the green card anniversary date (with exceptions for weekends). Two of us were not placed inline by the predicted date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.