Sixer

N-400 December 2015 Filers

1,636 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

JimmyHou, what is your best guess regarding timeline for "In Line for Interview" Been 2 weeks since my bio and haven't heard anything yet. I see people getting placed in line couple of days after their bio. You may have hinted on this before. Thanks for your insights!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

JimmyHou, what is your best guess regarding timeline for "In Line for Interview" Been 2 weeks since my bio and haven't heard anything yet. I see people getting placed in line couple of days after their bio. You may have hinted on this before. Thanks for your insights!

You'll notice that everyone who's been placed in line for interview didn't apply 90 days early.

As soon as their background checks were done, they were placed inline.

In your case, and in mine, we'll have to wait since we can't become citizens before March and are actually very unlikely to be interviewed before March. For some reason, a large number of applicants (probably more than half) are placed in line exactly a month before their anniversary date. So while its foolish to try to predict USCIS behavior, my best guess is that you'll be placed in line around February 5 give or take a day or two. The 1 month rule doesn't prove to be correct for many applicants though, so don't hold your breath. Remember that this is a multi month process.

Personally, I think that if everything goes well for us, we will be interviewed in April or May and will be naturalized in May or June. Of course some offices are faster and some are slower, but that would be a result that most of us should be very happy with.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

I was wondering about this too. I've been a resident since 2009. I did my bio Jan 4th and still waiting to hear anything.

I noticed that...

It could be that it's different for 319b applicants or that your background check isn't done yet.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello, everyone. Can you add me too?

My N400 was delivered 12/23/2015

Check cashed 12/29/2015

Notice Date 01/02/2016

Fingerprint Notice Receipt 01/08/2016

Fingerprint Date 01/20/2016

Sent application to Dallas, TX, local office is Newark, NJ

GC holder since 2012, came to US in 2009.

Timeline

When did you send your N-400 application and what is the exact date of your GC? Good luck on your journey!

Application sent 12/19/2015

Date on GC is 04/26/2012

Thank you!

Timeline

Hallo everyone,

What I have to wait after bio and when?

After bio, these are the next steps:

You will be placed in-line for interview. This will happen after they complete your background check. If you created an account at uscis.gov, you will be able to check your status to see when you are placed in-line. If you turn on text and email notifications, you should get a notification when this happens. The notification or online status will say that they have "started the interview scheduling process". There will be no letter sent out when you are placed in line. This may be a day or two after your bio or may be several months later.

You will have your interview scheduled. If you are getting notifications, you should get a text and an email, but for this step, they will send you an interview letter in the mail. You will usually have 3-5 weeks between the letter and the interview date. This can be a few days after being placed in-line, but depending on how busy your field office takes, it can be much longer. Some people are in-line for 3 or 4 months.

You will be placed in-line for oath ceremony scheduling. This usually happens within a day or two of passing an interview. No letter, just email/text notification if signed up. This is usually pretty fast.

You will be scheduled for an oath ceremony. You will get an oath letter in the mail. You may have as little as a few days or over a month between the letter and the oath date. This depends on how often your city has oath ceremonies and if you requested a name change, which would limit your options to Judicial Oath ceremonies only (these may be less frequent in some cities).

Sometimes status goes straight to "interview scheduled" and doesn't show "interview scheduling started" so you may skip the in-line for interview stage.

Sometimes you are given the oath letter right at the interview; so you may skip a few steps.

Some offices (not most) conduct same day oath ceremonies, so you may become a citizen the day of your interview.

Timeline

Application sent 12/19/2015

Date on GC is 04/26/2012

Thank you!

My bad... I made a mistake reading your dates. I thought your GC date was 04-26-2013!

I was making a comment, but I've changed it!

Welcome!

Edited by JimmyHou

Timeline

My biometrics appointment was scheduled for 2:00 pm today at the Southwest Houston Application Support Center (11777 S State Highway 6), which is actually in the city of Sugar Land, just southwest of Houston. It's the same location I went to for my green card application and several times for UK visa applications. I left my phone in the car, because I was asked to do so on every other visit. When I walked in, the security guard told me to turn off my cellphone if I had one (even though there was a sign that said no cellphones), so they may have relaxed the rules. He checked my letter, asked to see my green card, and gave me the "Learn About the United States" packet and a form to fill out. The form asked for my biographical information as well as any other names I have used in the past. When I was done, I handed the security guard the form and followed another gentleman to The scanning station. There were two people ahead of me when I walked in and they were done by this time. I remembered the ASC employee from previous visits and we chatted about the oil industry while he took my prints. He then asked me to sit down for the photo, which he had to retake because I didn't lean all the way up against the wall the first time. I then had to sign my name on an electronic reader and I could see my signature, photo, and fingerprints on the screen. I filled out an evaluation card and was given my biometrics letter (now stamped and dated). I walked out at 1:55.

Timeline

I'm just curious, how do you know the no of times a month your Local Office conducts oath ceremonies? Other than asking the IO of course.

Some offices have that information on their field office page.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

For example, Houston's page says that there is one ceremony a month, which is correct.

This is also where you can see if your office offers same day ceremonies.

Timeline

My biometrics appointment was scheduled for 2:00 pm today at the Southwest Houston Application Support Center (11777 S State Highway 6), which is actually in the city of Sugar Land, just southwest of Houston. It's the same location I went to for my green card application and several times for UK visa applications. I left my phone in the car, because I was asked to do so on every other visit. When I walked in, the security guard told me to turn off my cellphone if I had one (even though there was a sign that said no cellphones), so they may have relaxed the rules. He checked my letter, asked to see my green card, and gave me the "Learn About the United States" packet and a form to fill out. The form asked for my biographical information as well as any other names I have used in the past. When I was done, I handed the security guard the form and followed another gentleman to The scanning station. There were two people ahead of me when I walked in and they were done by this time. I remembered the ASC employee from previous visits and we chatted about the oil industry while he took my prints. He then asked me to sit down for the photo, which he had to retake because I didn't lean all the way up against the wall the first time. I then had to sign my name on an electronic reader and I could see my signature, photo, and fingerprints on the screen. I filled out an evaluation card and was given my biometrics letter (now stamped and dated). I walked out at 1:55.

I realize that this makes it sound like I finished 5 minutes before I got there!

I forgot to say that I walked in at 1:40, so it took 15 minutes

Timeline

I'm just curious, how do you know the no of times a month your Local Office conducts oath ceremonies? Other than asking the IO of course.

I didn't check all of the offices but after reading dozens of interview stories I know only about two locations with same-day oath ceremonies: my field office in Newark, NJ and Seattle, WA. Also Washington, DC sometimes have same-day ceremonies not for everyone.

Timeline

Biometrics completed today 01/13 at the Charlotte, N.C. ASC. The appointment was for 11:00am. I presented my Biometrics appointment letter and my GC at the front guard desk. I was given the "Learn About the United States" packet and a paper to fill out with ( Name, DOB, Race, Weight, Height, A#, Application# and All names used ). I gave the paper to the receptionist after filling it out then sat down to wait for my number to show on the nice red digital screen. My number came up in about 10mins. My photo was taken and my fingerprints done, I signed the electronic screen. I was given my Biometrics letter back Stamped and Dated. I filled out the "How did we do card" :) and dropped it in the little box and I left at 11:25am. All went smooth :)

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.