Sixer

N-400 December 2015 Filers

1,636 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline

I saw the same message on my status. Any idea someone what does it mean?

• 09/01/2016
      sign_icon.png

On September 1, 2016, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR*************CHI, was completed.

• 09/01/2016
      sign_icon.png

On September 1, 2016, we sent a response to your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR*****************CHI.

Edited by stavroula58

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I assume that means that they've mailed you a letter of some kind. That's just a guess.

This may just be another automatic step; meaning you might get a letter stating that the office is behind and please be patient.

However, that doesn't mean that your cases won't move forward due to your inquiries. Even when they send such standard replies, just having someone look at your file gets the ball moving. So hopefully you'll see some action shortly.

Keep checking for updates.

Good luck.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

Thank you Jimmy.!!!

I assume that means that they've mailed you a letter of some kind. That's just a guess.

This may just be another automatic step; meaning you might get a letter stating that the office is behind and please be patient.

However, that doesn't mean that your cases won't move forward due to your inquiries. Even when they send such standard replies, just having someone look at your file gets the ball moving. So hopefully you'll see some action shortly.

Keep checking for updates.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope that this happens for you guys soon. Did you try calling USCIS and asking to speak to an IO (tier 2) agent? They will be able to see what's going on with your file and will be able to at least give you an update and let you know if it is sitting with an agent for processing.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

i didnt, my lawyer placed this status request and they told me today to wait for mail or email from them, they obiously sent somethign. i dont know why i think they sent letter saying they are busy....

I hope that this happens for you guys soon. Did you try calling USCIS and asking to speak to an IO (tier 2) agent? They will be able to see what's going on with your file and will be able to at least give you an update and let you know if it is sitting with an agent for processing.

Filed: Other Timeline

It means that you are going to receive a letter about your case.

I saw the same message on my status. Any idea someone what does it mean?

• 09/01/2016
      sign_icon.png

On September 1, 2016, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR*************CHI, was completed.

• 09/01/2016
      sign_icon.png

On September 1, 2016, we sent a response to your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR*****************CHI.

Timeline

USCIS response I received today.

"On August 27, 2016, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Application for Naturalization, N-400 to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Our records show that your Application for Naturalization , N-400 is pending review. The Immigration Officer reviewing your case has not made a decision. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay. You are welcome to schedule an INFOPASS appointment with an Immigration Officer to inquire further. "

What is that INFOPASS appointment? Is it like the interview? Any clues?

Timeline

USCIS response I received today.

"On August 27, 2016, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Application for Naturalization, N-400 to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Our records show that your Application for Naturalization , N-400 is pending review. The Immigration Officer reviewing your case has not made a decision. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay. You are welcome to schedule an INFOPASS appointment with an Immigration Officer to inquire further. "

What is that INFOPASS appointment? Is it like the interview? Any clues?

No, an infopass is just an opportunity for you to visit in person and ask about your application. All the letter says is that they have not made a decision. My guess (just my opinion) is that they have not looked at your case since the interview, which is why I encourage people to contact them early. This was, probably, a standard letter that was sent in response to your inquiry. You could have asked for an infopass appointment at any point since you applied.

What happens now will be one of the following:

1- Nothing. You will continue to wait until you contact them by phone or schedule an infopass. The point of hose actions is to get someone to physically pick up your file and make a decision. The letter itself does not indicate that any further action will be taken anytime soon.

2- Your inquiry may have already got someone to look at your file. While the standard letter was on its way, someone may have looked at your file.

Remember that uscis has, by law, 120 days from the day of the interview to make a decision. Not 120 days from an the response. 120 days from the interview. After that you can request, by filing a lawsuit, that a judge either order them to make a decision or that the judge make the decision for them.

Your next step should be to request an infopass appointment immediately. Tell them that they have 120 according to the uscis policy manual. Take a print out if you want to.

If you don't hear from them within a month of an infopass, I would write to uscis and to your congressman and explain your intent to file a writ of mandamus in court against uscis. This often forces them to make a decision to avoid losing their decision rights to a judge.

Remember that all you can do is push them to make a decision; that decision may be an approval or a denial.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

I got answer too. Saying your application is still pending. We regret that we are not able to give you a timeframe for when we will compete the review of your application.

• 1 month later...

My lawyer just received copy of my file he requested in May (FOIA) going to see him next week and see whats in there. But my concern is next: just saw few posts on VJ where ppl saying once they receive FOIA request they put case on hold while they respond on it. That means they haven't touched my case since May when lawyer sent request.

Ideas?

Timeline

My lawyer just received copy of my file he requested in May (FOIA) going to see him next week and see whats in there. But my concern is next: just saw few posts on VJ where ppl saying once they receive FOIA request they put case on hold while they respond on it. That means they haven't touched my case since May when lawyer sent request.

Ideas?

I didn't realize you had filed an FOIA request.

That's quite surprising. Especially way back in May when many of us hadn't had interviews scheduled.

I don't know if they put your case on hold in the interim or not, but it's possible. Any further work they did would have to be added to the released information, so it's possible they just froze everything.

I hope you see some movement soon. I would have recommended that you badger them more regularly, but again, I didn't know about the FIOA request and I don't know how that may have changed your timeline.

Edited by JimmyHou

Timeline

I am very happy. After phone calls, inquiry and two infopass appointments I have this notice in my case status

my_logo.png
Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number NBC* *********. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by November 12, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.