BKN

December 2015 I-129F Filers [edited title]

1,886 posts in this topic

Kenia~N~Jeury, on 04 Feb 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

Thank you. I understand to physically leave the country we need her permission in writing and notarized. However do we need the present any document with her permission the day of the interview in order for the kid to be granted her visa.?

No she does not need anything for the interview. The Embassy doesn't care only DR immigration cares and they control the EXIT door.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

They will grant the visa. It's not the Embassy's responsibility to determine if they can actually travel or not. That up to the her. CO's only concern is if they meet the visa requirements and she is getting vetted each step of the way. Next is the Embassy.

They just have to get beyond immigration at the departing airport. That's where they need the notarized letter from the BF/Husband/Xhusband/Father.[/quote

Thanks.

No she does not need anything for the interview. The Embassy doesn't care only DR immigration cares and they control the EXIT door.

Thanks. Good to know so we don't have surprises at the embassy! ????????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Regarding the interview and documentation about permission for the children, are you speaking specifically about the DR Embassy ? Because I know for Ukraine at least, the interview document checklist includes documentation regarding custody of children and the ability for them to leave Ukraine. So, I just wanted to throw that out there in case people assume blanket statements are being made.

Regarding the interview and documentation about permission for the children, are you speaking specifically about the DR Embassy ? Because I know for Ukraine at least, the interview document checklist includes documentation regarding custody of children and the ability for them to leave Ukraine. So, I just wanted to throw that out there in case people assume blanket statements are being made.

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you thank you!

Err, oh, maybe. Wonder how this'll work with their address "style" being different. I'll give it a close look. Hopefully the original address will be okay :)

Edited by Barike

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

K-1's fill out the DS160. As a K1, when checking your case online at CEAC you have to select "immigrant visa" as it is treated as such even though it is a "non-immigrant visa". Don't ask why, as no one has been able to articulate why! Yes, that is confusing but just remember what I said above and you will be fine. DS-160 is what you will fill out online.

Thanks Greenbaum! :idea:

I still haven't receive my NVC Letter :clock:

- when should I expect this to be delivered to me and how many days should I wait?

- do you have NVC Number in Manila so I can follow-up the status of my letter?

I've read that this is required during the interview

Thank you Greenbaum :thumbs:

The good news is.. I called again the NVC today like 20 minutes ago and I have got our case number! Yeyyy!!!! I believe that when they says "35 days" means that's their standard time but we need to be persistent to call them. Our case is already at NVC. I will just wait for NOA2 Hard copy and Packet 3 and hopefully before expiration of our I-129F I will get my visa :) God Bless to everyone!

You'll have a year to process your visa. No need to be concerned unless of course you think you need more time then and that is entirely a different matter.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

NOA 1 is 17 December 2015 and lots of people are getting approval after our date now. Really worried :( You'd think they would manage the approvals in date order.

Our AOS journey

06/30/2016- We got married!! (L)

07/19/2016 - Sent AOS, EAD, AP documents in the post with 2 day priority USPS

07/28/2016 - Package delivered very late as was delayed somewhere in transit

08/09/2016 - Text and email notifications starting at 12.41am (texts came first and then email).

08/12/2016 - Get 3 NOA's in the post with the filing date 07/29/2016 and the NOA date 08/05/2016

08/19/2016 - Get biometrics appointment letter in the post. Scheduled for 08/29/2016 at 1:00pm

08/29/2016 - Biometrics appointment done - quick and easy!

10/13/2016 - EAD and AP approved!
10/27/2016 - EAD status updated to "Card Mailed To Me".
10/31/2016 - EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

02/04/2017 - I-485 case status goes straight to "Card is being Produced" (Approved without interview). 

02/06/2017 - I-485 case status changes to "Case Approved"

02/07/2017 - I-485 case status changes to "Card was Mailed to Me".

Awesome! Good luck. Ours is the 18th. My fiance is in Bangkok and going to her medical in 4 hours.

Thanks bro! Best luck to all of us!!!!

NOA 1 is 17 December 2015 and lots of people are getting approval after our date now. Really worried :( You'd think they would manage the approvals in date order.

Our is 21, I was hoping for some good news this week but nothing yet. I see many cases right before me but same day, and some even after our already approved. But out still not moving :( HOpe some good news soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

in signing up for DS 160 online, on the Mailing address part of the beneficiary, how should we input our address if they're asking for the *state. Should we type there our Province instead?

post-223269-107290_thumb.jpg

Edited by Amythyst88

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our is 21, I was hoping for some good news this week but nothing yet. I see many cases right before me but same day, and some even after our already approved. But out still not moving :( HOpe some good news soon.

Fingers and toes crossed we both hear some news this week or next!

Our AOS journey

06/30/2016- We got married!! (L)

07/19/2016 - Sent AOS, EAD, AP documents in the post with 2 day priority USPS

07/28/2016 - Package delivered very late as was delayed somewhere in transit

08/09/2016 - Text and email notifications starting at 12.41am (texts came first and then email).

08/12/2016 - Get 3 NOA's in the post with the filing date 07/29/2016 and the NOA date 08/05/2016

08/19/2016 - Get biometrics appointment letter in the post. Scheduled for 08/29/2016 at 1:00pm

08/29/2016 - Biometrics appointment done - quick and easy!

10/13/2016 - EAD and AP approved!
10/27/2016 - EAD status updated to "Card Mailed To Me".
10/31/2016 - EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

02/04/2017 - I-485 case status goes straight to "Card is being Produced" (Approved without interview). 

02/06/2017 - I-485 case status changes to "Case Approved"

02/07/2017 - I-485 case status changes to "Card was Mailed to Me".

Hang in there, my estimated date started today and I haven't had a full night's sleep in a week. I can only imagine how you feel. Easier said than done. I wish I could go to a store and buy some patience, because I'm completely out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.