BKN

December 2015 I-129F Filers [edited title]

1,886 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Fantastic news! Our NOA1 Date is 1 day after yours so hopefully that means good news for us soon too :-)

My fingers are crossed for you and everyone!

Now that the excitement has sort of passed, I am starting to stress out! :rolleyes: It's coming in waves.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Anyone from here who got their approved NOA via uscis tracking case app but did not receive a text notification or e-mail? I have checked the uscis app and it was

approved on 22nd January 2016 but until now we haven't received yet the hard copy of NOA2. It's been 8 business days has gone but no mail yet from uscis. Or at least text or e-mail :cry:

I did. I got the email for NOA1 but did not received anything for NOA2 but my fiance did. But I did receive the hard copy a week later. If the app says you're approved you're approved, I wouldn't worry about it. It will come

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

We received RFE today. Have no idea what it could possibly be

Most likely, It's a missing signature if you followed the guidelines I wouldn't worry. The good news is your case was looked at. The faster you reply the faster you'll be approved. Good luck

Edited by nat-no

16Valve, on 03 Feb 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

Greenbaum or somebody.

Somebody who's not on these forums asked me to ask a question. Here's her issue.

She sent in her petition a few weeks ago but never heard back at all. No NOA1, no case number.

Thing is, the petition was sent back to her rejected. I took a look and sure enough, she'd written the check out to Dept. of Homeland Security instead of Department. I think that's why it was rejected because I went through the whole thing and found no other reason.

If it never got a case number, did it ever get in their system? She'd written to lockbox support and they claimed there was no record of her petition ever being received. Even with her and her beneficiaries name.

Can she just send in another with the check properly written this time and have the other one not effect this one?

Thanks all.

Have her issue a new check and return the application to the proper address. She needs to use a deliver service that she can get tracking information. I think after they get the "new" check she should be fine.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

GeorgeandGeorgia, on 03 Feb 2016 - 03:05 AM, said:

We signed up for text notification & e-mail as we got the notifications thru text when we got our NOA1 but unfortunately for NOA2 no e-notifications at all. I will ask my fiancé (Petitioner) to call USCIS if we don't get the NOA2 hard copy until Friday. Many Thanks!

That's a good plan to call this Friday as I think that is plenty of time to receive a hard copy of the NOA2. The text and email notification is not 100% accurate. Sometimes it works and other times it does not. You don't need the NOA2 to keep moving forward. You need the case number and you can complete your DS-160 and medical and pay your fee for the interview and schedule.

Check the Embassy website that you will be processing through for all the steps.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Amythyst88, on 03 Feb 2016 - 05:40 AM, said:

My petitioner has not received yet a mail or email from NVC that our petition has been forwarded to US Embassy in Manila. BUT, using CEAC case tracker, it's already in a READY status last Feb 2. Will the CEAC status be useful enough to start everything? How long will my petitioner receive the NVC notice that it has been received in MAnila?? thanks in advance! :)

You don't need to wait for any mail or email from NVC. Your wasting valuable time waiting. Here is your next step that you should do now. http://dennyeyberg.wix.com/filipino-am-visa#!second-step/c1cay . This is from my website that walks you step by step through the entire process and what to do next, where to get the forms and how much to pay. There is so much information there about the Philippines process that you will find it easy to use and will relive you of your stress. Start at the top of that tab and work your way down. Each entry on that tab is in order of execution up to the interview. Can't miss.

fathom500, on 03 Feb 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

Yes. I was was wondering the same thing. Has anyone received a hardcopy letter from NVC with case numbers on it? Our case shows ready in Manila as well on the CEAC tracker. I need a hardcopy to obtain police report from Hong Kong. Was wondering what the lag time is between NVC sending the case and getting a hardcopy to the petitioner.

See what I wrote above for help in processing through USEM Philippines.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

16Valve, on 03 Feb 2016 - 1:15 PM, said:16Valve, on 03 Feb 2016 - 1:15 PM, said:

She works at St. Vincent's and has to have police clearance anyway so she's already hit what she needs.

And since she works at a hospital, the medical will be a snap too. She's a doctor.

She has to use what the Embassy prescribes. Check with your Embassy for the medical process that they will accept.

Keep in mind that a forum like this one is for initial bonding with others who are along the same timeline as you for initial processing. The initial application is the same no matter where in the world you are. But, having said that, once you get your approval (NOA2 text message or email), you should also check in with your country's sub-forum to get a better understanding of the process for the Embassy that you will be interviewing with, and to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to at the US Embassy - Australia.

Those in this thread, are applying from various Embassies around the world and there are different processes for each. So what works in Russian, Philippines or UAE may not work for those processing through the Australia Embassy. When you are at the VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in Australia most there will help answer your questions for the processing of your visa using their personal experience.

Link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/146-australia-and-new-zealand/

Get the Australia K1 Embassy Letter (EL) at http://canberra.usembassy.gov/nonimmigrant-visas/appointment-checklist.html as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the EL as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://canberra.usembassy.gov/

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages

Good luck and God's speed.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Have her issue a new check and return the application to the proper address. She needs to use a deliver service that she can get tracking information. I think after they get the "new" check she should be fine.

I called this morning and asked about it. They said as long as the check wasn't cashed and no receipt number was given, ignore it. It's like they never saw it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I already got our Manila Case Number and now in Ready Status. Just want to ask what to input on Priority Date for US Website and SLEC Registration? and are the 2x2pictures to be submitted on medical and for DS-160, should be the same picture you sent in I-129F Application? Thank in advance! :goofy:

Ana Ica, on 03 Feb 2016 - 8:35 PM, said:

Hi,

I already got our Manila Case Number and now in Ready Status. Just want to ask what to input on Priority Date for US Website and SLEC Registration? and are the 2x2pictures to be submitted on medical and for DS-160, should be the same picture you sent in I-129F Application? Thank in advance! :goofy:

Priority Date - this is not used by USEM with the K-1 visa. Just the same, the form will not let you leave the space blank so, find your NOA1 and enter the RECEIVED DATE, you will also find it in the email from NVC when you get your MNL #. Odds are you could use any date being its not used by USEM. But, as we said you can't leave it blank or you can't move forward with your scheduling.

http://dennyeyberg.wix.com/filipino-am-visa#!scheduling-the-interview/c23ij

The pictures can be the same or different. Just be sure they follow the passport picture requirements.

I have a website that walks you through the entire USEM Philippines visa process. It explains the forms, applications, payments and of course the where, what, when and why. Link is below at the red twisted arrow. If you have any questions I am available to help.

16Valve, on 03 Feb 2016 - 8:35 PM, said:

I called this morning and asked about it. They said as long as the check wasn't cashed and no receipt number was given, ignore it. It's like they never saw it

I'm glad when I a right. :thumbs: Thanks for the information.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks much Greenbaum.

by the way, I am still waiting for Affidavit of Support form from my petitioner to arrive before scheduling the interview. We want to be so certain that I already have it on hand. What's your opinion on this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Did a quick search, and didn't see anything right off. My girl just moved, far as I can tell the paperwork should be at NVC now. Do I need to contact the embassy to let them know of the change of address? Or? Her mother isn't being the most supportive, and may "eliminate" the package if it goes to the old address. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.