BKN

December 2015 I-129F Filers [edited title]

1,886 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you peterjk I was concerned about my passport photo as well, his background is white, mine seems off white now in comparison. My passport expires in March 2016, im definitely going to be renewing it, im just not sure how long that takes. As far as my birth certificate goes, my mom said that's all she was given, it's one sided.. Im not sure if I can go to the health department and pay for a copy? I'm just ready to send the packet off. The anxiety is killing me!

I renewed my daughter's passport earlier this year at the post office, and they quoted me 4-6 weeks. As I recall, I received her new passport in about 5 weeks.

My birth certificate is one-sided also. But...since the instructions specifically say "front and back", I followed the instructions to the letter and copied the back also. I wrote a note explaining why I was including essentially a blank sheet of paper (i.e., back copy of birth certificate - blank). Probably didn't have to do this..but..I figured better safe than sor-RFE (pun intended).

11/30: I-129F package mailed --> Dallas Lockbox
12/2: Received @ Dallas Lockbox
12/4: Notice (Priority) Date. Email rec'd: Assigned --> CSC
12/11: NOA1 hard copy rec'd
1/12: NOA2 --> approved
1/28: MNL# and IIN Received -In transit from NVC to Manila (USEM)
2/1: Packet 3 email rec'd from USEM - ready to interview her
3/10: Embassy Interview - Approved! :) :dancing:

3/17: Passport/Visa Rec'd from USEM

3/31: CFO Seminar

4/11: COE Seattle (Planned)

Mag-Asawa, on 20 Dec 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:Mag-Asawa, on 20 Dec 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:

Thanks, I was wondering how to do that. I followed the steps you described, and our timeline is now included. Thanks again!

Your timeline looks good. Glad I could help. :thumbs:

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

I-29F sent to lock box on 12/4/2015

Email and Text message of NOA1 received today 12/14/2015. at 2:45PM CST

Hardcopy NOA1 received 12/19/2015

California service Center.

Receipt number was not accepted when I first tried to enter it on 12/14/2015. However it did accept it when I entered it again on 12/19/2015.

AOS

(Day 0) Aug 3, 2016 Mailed K1 and K2's AOS/EAD/AP via Fedex

(Day 1) Aug 4, 2016 Fedex tracker shows packet delivered to USCIS in Chicago at 10:27am

(Day 11) Aug 15, 2016 Received text and email acceptance notification at 11:45pm

(Day 18) Aug 22,2016 Received hard-copy NOA 1

(Day 23) Aug 27, 2016 Received biometric appointment letter via US mail.

(Day 33) Sept 6, 2016 Biometrics Complete for both the K1 and K2

(Day 102) November 15, 2016 EAD status changed to "New Card Being Produced".

(Day 102) November 15, 2016 AP status changed to "Approved".

(Day 104) November 17, 2016 EAD status changed to "Card sent via USPS".

(Day 111) November 21, 2016 EAD delivered via USPS.

fathom500, on 20 Dec 2015 - 1:20 PM, said:

I-29F sent to lock box on 12/4/2015

Email and Text message of NOA1 received today 12/14/2015. at 2:45PM CST

Hardcopy NOA1 received 12/19/2015

California service Center.

Receipt number was not accepted when I first tried to enter it on 12/14/2015. However it did accept it when I entered it again on 12/19/2015.

Sometimes they are a little slow to update the website. Glad you could get the information you were after.

Here are the step by step instructions for you to get through everything needed for the K-1 journey in the Philippines. I have put this website together to help folks just like yourself. Many have gone before you and I not only share our experience, but what has been the experience of others. It was done to ensure your journey would be smooth and without speed bumps. Start here as this is where you are in your journey. Use the link below at the red twisting arrow.

Do you know how to save yourself 2 months of processing time? Have you gotten the Embassy Letter? Do you know what you can be doing while your waiting for your NOA2. Do you know what the next steps are? If not, study the website at the red twisting arrow.

Two more items of interest. Be sure to head over to the sub-forum for the Philippines and get to know others who are also processing or who have and are waiting to help you. Second, can you please finish your profile as it will tell us what Embassy your processing through and what visa you are chasing. Follow these instructions to make those updates:

Go to the top right of this page select your name>my profile>[below your picture on the left column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Sometimes they are a little slow to update the website. Glad you could get the information you were after.

Here are the step by step instructions for you to get through everything needed for the K-1 journey in the Philippines. I have put this website together to help folks just like yourself. Many have gone before you and I not only share our experience, but what has been the experience of others. It was done to ensure your journey would be smooth and without speed bumps. Start here as this is where you are in your journey. Use the link below at the red twisting arrow.

Do you know how to save yourself 2 months of processing time? Have you gotten the Embassy Letter? Do you know what you can be doing while your waiting for your NOA2. Do you know what the next steps are? If not, study the website at the red twisting arrow.

Two more items of interest. Be sure to head over to the sub-forum for the Philippines and get to know others who are also processing or who have and are waiting to help you. Second, can you please finish your profile as it will tell us what Embassy your processing through and what visa you are chasing. Follow these instructions to make those updates:

Go to the top right of this page select your name>my profile>[below your picture on the left column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks Greenbaum. I have been visiting the site you linked for months now. Very comprehensive. And thanks for reminding me to complete my profile. I was focused on the timeline and neglected to finish the profile.

Great to have folks like you here to nudge us along and provide good current info. Thanks for making yourself accessible. The piece of mind it provides being able to chat with someone who as already been where we are now is invaluable.

Edited by fathom500
AOS

(Day 0) Aug 3, 2016 Mailed K1 and K2's AOS/EAD/AP via Fedex

(Day 1) Aug 4, 2016 Fedex tracker shows packet delivered to USCIS in Chicago at 10:27am

(Day 11) Aug 15, 2016 Received text and email acceptance notification at 11:45pm

(Day 18) Aug 22,2016 Received hard-copy NOA 1

(Day 23) Aug 27, 2016 Received biometric appointment letter via US mail.

(Day 33) Sept 6, 2016 Biometrics Complete for both the K1 and K2

(Day 102) November 15, 2016 EAD status changed to "New Card Being Produced".

(Day 102) November 15, 2016 AP status changed to "Approved".

(Day 104) November 17, 2016 EAD status changed to "Card sent via USPS".

(Day 111) November 21, 2016 EAD delivered via USPS.

Thanks Greenbaum. I have been visiting the site you linked for months now. Very comprehensive. And thanks for reminding me to complete my profile. I was focused on the timeline and neglected to finish the profile.

Great to have folks like you here to nudge us along and provide good current info. Thanks for making yourself accessible. The piece of mind it provides being able to chat with someone who as already been where we are now is invaluable.

I'm glad it's helpful. Thanks for the recognition as its always welcomed. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

It's just a typical entry mistake. It's not something to be concerned about and don't bother calling. Just follow your NOA2 and see if it is again misspelled.

I think someone was retyping the information and as well all do we read but spell what's in our memory. I have a last name that when someone retypes it is transposed from Eyb to Eyeb because it is pronounces "eye"berg. Just follow your paperwork and see if it is misspelled in the documents that are important. NOA's are not that important. Your main record needs to be correct and you will see that used through out the process.

Thank you!! We hope it is just a mistake in the noa1 and the entries are all correct.

Timeline

Thank you!! We hope it is just a mistake in the noa1 and the entries are all correct.

So out of wanting to make sure, my fiancé called the uscis for request of correcting his surname in noa1 and we're gonna wait within 30 days for feedback if it's something to be concerned of..

Now my question is, will our request to uscis affect the process of our papers or the progress for they might pull out our papers for double checking or whatsoever???

Well, here I go AGAIN.

Just sent my second (replacement) petition since they lost my first one.

Sent December 21!! Will arrive tomorrow. I've lost 20 days but hopefully this times a charm.

Yayyy. Did you express mail it to Lewisville? I'm sending mine today as well, just curious as to how our process will compare

Well, here I go AGAIN.

Just sent my second (replacement) petition since they lost my first one.

Sent December 21!! Will arrive tomorrow. I've lost 20 days but hopefully this times a charm.

Mine has been a month already, im still waiting for lockbox to email me back.

If im using USPS to send it Express Overnight im going to send to the P.O. Box address correct ?

If im using USPS to send it Express Overnight im going to send to the P.O. Box address correct ?

You only send it to the p.o.box if you are doing snail mail if I'm not mistaken.

Express mail goes to the Lewisville address.

Express Mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.