BKN

December 2015 I-129F Filers [edited title]

1,886 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

congrats to everyone that has been approved and every1 in the works we have our interview in manila on the 12th flying out in the morning to be with her at interview

Dear All,

Thank you so much for all the support during this (not so long) journey. My fiancee had her interview last week, she was approved and picked up her visa today.

K-1 Journey

11/27/2015: Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox

12/02/2015: Received Date

12/04/2015: Email and Text received: Assigned to CSC

12/13/2015: NOA1 hard copy received

01/13/2016: NOA2 Email and Text: Petition Approved

04/28/2016: Interview - Approved!!

08/15/2016: POE

(L) (L) (L) 08/19/2016 ----------MARRIED (L) (L) (L)

AOS Journey

08/31/2016: AOS/EAD/AP Packages Mailed

09/02/2016: AOS/EAD/AP Packagse Received

09/05/2016: NOA1 Text/Email Received (Case #s Assigned)

09/09/2016: NOA1 Received in mail (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/17/2016: Received Biometrics letter in mail (For Sept 30th)

09/28/2016: Request for Initial Evidence (RFIE) regarding i-864

09/30/2016: Biometrics appointment completed

10/11/2016: Mailed response to RFIE

10/17/2016: USCIS updated case status, RFIE received

11/15/2016: EAD/AP Approved

11/16/2016: Interview Scheduled for Dec 20, 2016

11/21/2016: EAD/AP Card Mailed

12/20/2016: Interview - AOS Approved

12/25/2016: Received 2-year green card in mail

ROC Journey

10/05/2018: Filed removal of conditions form (i-751) at TSC.

11/15/2019: Biometrics Appointment

Citizenship Journey

10/20/2019: Filed naturalization form (N-400) online

11/15/2019: Biometrics Appointment

3/15/2021: Interview notification

Little update and a question.

Fiancé has her medical next Tuesday and got her police report and went on and completed her DS-160. Then she went on the USTravelvisa site, created her profile and paid her fee and printed out her bar code and got her list of things and instructions. She says there was a spot for "priority date" but once she finished things, there was nothing else.

Will they email her her interview date??? There was no notice as to what happens next.

Thanks all. We're nearing the end.

thank you all for helping and supporting.

She got approved!!!

spent less then 3 minutes at the window. Going into the interview she was nervous, im kind of worry to because we don't have much picture together. But the CO only look at the first few pictures and gave it back to her and done.

How's everyone doing with the k1 visa process? We got our package 3 yesterday! Getting a bit nervous, but I'm also very excited! Hopefully I'll have my interview soon!

How's everyone doing with the k1 visa process? We got our package 3 yesterday! Getting a bit nervous, but I'm also very excited! Hopefully I'll have my interview soon!

Just waiting on the date. Paid the fee. Got the police clearance and the medical is Tuesday.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Fiancé has her medical next Tuesday and got her police report and went on and completed her DS-160. Then she went on the USTravelvisa site, created her profile and paid her fee and printed out her bar code and got her list of things and instructions. She says there was a spot for "priority date" but once she finished things, there was nothing else.

Will they email her her interview date??? There was no notice as to what happens next.

I don't know if they assign an interview date for Australia or she has to pick her own. But there is an Appointment date section that is only available after you pay the fee. There will be a place that says No appointment is currently scheduled that button can be clicked when an appointment date becomes available if she has to choose her appointment date. Otherwise she will need to wait for them to assign her a date.

Click Below to View my timeline (spoiler added to reduce visible space consumption)

Timeline to date:

11/11/14 - Met online through eHarmony
11/12/14 - Started communication through email (1-2 emails daily)
12/20/14 - Communicating through Phone Calls and Video Calls
07/04/15 - First Trip to China to visit her (spent time at her home, her hometown, and Beijing), Met the whole family.
07/18/15 - Sadly I had to return back to the US
10/01/15 - I am returning back to China to be with her again
10/11/15 - She will accompany me back on the same flight for 30 days
11/14/15 - She returns back to China
12/01/15 - I-129F Fed-Ex'd to the Lewisville address
12/03/15 - Packet signed for by the receiver
12/07/15 - NOA1 Generated
12/11/15 - NOA1 Received
01/14/15 - NOA2 Generated (Approved)
01/28/16 - NVC Received (Still waiting papers for official date)
01/29/16 - NVC Case# Assigned (Still waiting papers for official date)
02/03/16 - Case Sent to Embassy
02/04/16 - Case Received by Embassy
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Received
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
03/04/16 - DS-160 Fee paid
03/09/16 - Packet 4 Received (Documents were prepared in advance)
04/02/16 - I return to China to provide moral and emotional support as she goes to her Interview on the 5th
04/05/16 - Interview Date (APPROVED!!!)

04/25/16 - POE Dallas Texas (DFW) smooth sailing through customs

04/25/16 - Arrived in Nashville, TN 10pm
04/29/16 - Marriage Certificate received
SSN filed somewhere after this point (exact date is not remembered, received after a 30 minute wait)
11/16/16 - AoS packet mailed (i-485, i-765, i-131)
11/18/16 - AoS packet received
12/06/16 - Check Cashed
02/28/17 - EAD and AP Approved
03/02/17 - NOA2 for EAD and AP Arrived
03/02/17 - EAD/AP Card Arrived

I don't know if they assign an interview date for Australia or she has to pick her own. But there is an Appointment date section that is only available after you pay the fee. There will be a place that says No appointment is currently scheduled that button can be clicked when an appointment date becomes available if she has to choose her appointment date. Otherwise she will need to wait for them to assign her a date.

Ok. So she clarified it for me.

She paid the fee and it looks like you can click that area but when she does, nothing happens.

Guess we just have to wait and see

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations to everyone that has had their approval recently! Not long for everyone else.

Just got back from London - WE'RE APPROVED!

Easiest experience ever - Will leave a review tomorrow and exactly what happened/what I was asked.

Until then, I'm going to sleep because I've not slept in a long time! Keep positive everyone!

Our AOS journey

06/30/2016- We got married!! (L)

07/19/2016 - Sent AOS, EAD, AP documents in the post with 2 day priority USPS

07/28/2016 - Package delivered very late as was delayed somewhere in transit

08/09/2016 - Text and email notifications starting at 12.41am (texts came first and then email).

08/12/2016 - Get 3 NOA's in the post with the filing date 07/29/2016 and the NOA date 08/05/2016

08/19/2016 - Get biometrics appointment letter in the post. Scheduled for 08/29/2016 at 1:00pm

08/29/2016 - Biometrics appointment done - quick and easy!

10/13/2016 - EAD and AP approved!
10/27/2016 - EAD status updated to "Card Mailed To Me".
10/31/2016 - EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

02/04/2017 - I-485 case status goes straight to "Card is being Produced" (Approved without interview). 

02/06/2017 - I-485 case status changes to "Case Approved"

02/07/2017 - I-485 case status changes to "Card was Mailed to Me".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

After getting the case number for the Thailand Embassy, creating and printing out the D-160 while in Thailand last week, my flight left before I could pay the visa fee locally. I came back to the US on the 5/1 and sent the visa fee in via EFT. But, I sent the $265 in US funds not the local currency in Thai baht. The currency difference is $6.56. Stupid mistake!! The bank mgr. even asked me if I wanted to transfer it into local currency but thinking its US Embassy, they'd want US funds.

I sent the embassy an email with the information and a copy of the EFT form but is the weekend and haven't heard anything back yet.

I tried to enter the receipt number on the website but its not showing as registered. Its been 5 days but others have posted that it only takes 48 hours to show up.

Mr. Geenbaum, have you encountered this before? Any thoughts?

I'll just have to wait till I hear from the embassy.

6/10/2016 Received visa package in mail

Didn't work out....relationship is over

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Joan is in the air about half way here , I'm heading over to LAX in a bit. Amazing process of ups and downs, patience is a virtue no doubt and looking forward to the next chapter of our lives. Good luck to all of you of the verge of your approval , we are all defiantly a special breed of people to go through this but its so worth it.......Take care.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Congratulations to everyone that has had their approval recently! Not long for everyone else.

Just got back from London - WE'RE APPROVED!

Easiest experience ever - Will leave a review tomorrow and exactly what happened/what I was asked.

Until then, I'm going to sleep because I've not slept in a long time! Keep positive everyone!

Congrats!

Joan is in the air about half way here , I'm heading over to LAX in a bit. Amazing process of ups and downs, patience is a virtue no doubt and looking forward to the next chapter of our lives. Good luck to all of you of the verge of your approval , we are all defiantly a special breed of people to go through this but its so worth it.......Take care.

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

She's suppose to receive an email from the embassy asking for basic information and I think it asks to complete DS160. Once she responds back to the email and with in 3 days she'll receive another email that will provide the interview date and the instructions on what to bring to the interview.

You can go ahead and either call or email the embassy to inquire about your case. We did that and we received email from them the next day. My fiancé got here in April, got married last month and now getting close to submitting the AOS package. Best wishes to you two.

She's suppose to receive an email from the embassy asking for basic information and I think it asks to complete DS160. Once she responds back to the email and with in 3 days she'll receive another email that will provide the interview date and the instructions on what to bring to the interview.

You can go ahead and either call or email the embassy to inquire about your case. We did that and we received email from them the next day. My fiancé got here in April, got married last month and now getting close to submitting the AOS package. Best wishes to you two.

THANK YOU :)

She completed everything but once it was submitted, it said nothing on the page. Like "it's done. Wait for your interview date" would be a big help hahaha.

She's got her medical today and I think today would be working day 3 since it was finished so fingers crossed, the date will be forthcoming.

How long away from that date was the interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

After getting the case number for the Thailand Embassy, creating and printing out the D-160 while in Thailand last week, my flight left before I could pay the visa fee locally. I came back to the US on the 5/1 and sent the visa fee in via EFT. But, I sent the $265 in US funds not the local currency in Thai baht. The currency difference is $6.56. Stupid mistake!! The bank mgr. even asked me if I wanted to transfer it into local currency but thinking its US Embassy, they'd want US funds.

I sent the embassy an email with the information and a copy of the EFT form but is the weekend and haven't heard anything back yet.

I tried to enter the receipt number on the website but its not showing as registered. Its been 5 days but others have posted that it only takes 48 hours to show up.

Mr. Geenbaum, have you encountered this before? Any thoughts?

I'll just have to wait till I hear from the embassy.

Just a follow up, on May 9th, the incorrect fee was returned to my back stating they do not take US funds.

I resubmitted the fee in Thai baht. And just put me a week behind in shipping the P3 to Bangkok and getting the interview date.

Edited by BirchnPloy

6/10/2016 Received visa package in mail

Didn't work out....relationship is over

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.