BKN

December 2015 I-129F Filers [edited title]

1,886 posts in this topic

Visas issued! Currently being processed for delivery. Thanks everyone for all help and feedbacks. Best of luck of those still waiting. Just remember that being patient helps a lot when going thru this process! ???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i am just wondering i just finished all my papers but i was just reading (Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor’s income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline. NOT 125 percent which is for the Form I864 Affidavit of Support) i filled out the 134 form i am using my disability ssd witch it is 10,000 a year but i did list my houses that combined amount is 590,000 with no liens paid off and my 2nd and 3rd car in the amount of 55,000 like i said i am wondering if the 134 is not enough and i have to fill out the i_864 instead i did also have my mother fill out a co sponsor 134 to just in case they have problem with using assets i am leaving on may 1st and have interview on the 12th if anyone knows please let me no thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Since I don't know all the steps you have accomplished so far I must ask if you have been to the Embassy's website and followed their directions in scheduling an appointment. Details are here: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/dz/dz-niv-paymentinfo.asp

Now that my fiancé is here and his daughter stay back (k2 visa). Can we adjust his status without the child being here? The mom after agreeing is now refusing to let the child come to the USA for more then 4 months which I don't see them getting the green card in that time frame. My fiancé rather cancel the kid's visa if it will cause him issues for his adjustment of status. Any advice anyone? Or any forum where I can get more guidance. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Now that my fiancé is here and his daughter stay back (k2 visa). Can we adjust his status without the child being here? The mom after agreeing is now refusing to let the child come to the USA for more then 4 months which I don't see them getting the green card in that time frame. My fiancé rather cancel the kid's visa if it will cause him issues for his adjustment of status. Any advice anyone? Or any forum where I can get more guidance. Thanks

Not at all he can adjust as he is suppose to.

The child can come for visit but not living if it's only for 4 months. But can the child really be out of school for 4 months at the time?

Not at all he can adjust as he is suppose to.

The child can come for visit but not living if it's only for 4 months. But can the child really be out of school for 4 months at the time?

Thanks. It relieves me to know that won't affect him.

The mother wanted the kid to come for only 4 months (May to September) summer vacation basically just to get her in the states to adjust the status and back to her but that's not even allowed bc with a conditional card she can't be out of the US for long periods of time or else she will lose her green card too. So difficult to deal with people that are ignorant about the rules and regulations.

Can she come visit with a K2 visa? I was under the impression the visa was one entry to US only.

How do I cancel the visa so in the future we can fight for custody and petition for the kid again?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thanks. It relieves me to know that won't affect him.

The mother wanted the kid to come for only 4 months (May to September) summer vacation basically just to get her in the states to adjust the status and back to her but that's not even allowed bc with a conditional card she can't be out of the US for long periods of time or else she will lose her green card too. So difficult to deal with people that are ignorant about the rules and regulations.

Can she come visit with a K2 visa? I was under the impression the visa was one entry to US only.

How do I cancel the visa so in the future we can fight for custody and petition for the kid again?

No she can't come visit multiple times on it but she can enter once and then leave again.

I would contact the embassy and tell them the situation and see what they would have to say.

No she can't come visit multiple times on it but she can enter once and then leave again.

I would contact the embassy and tell them the situation and see what they would have to say.

Thanks again

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Whelp the long distance portion of our Journey is complete. Yesterday was her first full day in the US after receiving K-1. We still have plenty ahead of us.

Wedding, Additional Paperwork to start GC process, adding her to my Bank, adding to insurance, finding a care provider she is comfortable with, and many other things.

Click Below to View my timeline (spoiler added to reduce visible space consumption)

Timeline to date:

11/11/14 - Met online through eHarmony
11/12/14 - Started communication through email (1-2 emails daily)
12/20/14 - Communicating through Phone Calls and Video Calls
07/04/15 - First Trip to China to visit her (spent time at her home, her hometown, and Beijing), Met the whole family.
07/18/15 - Sadly I had to return back to the US
10/01/15 - I am returning back to China to be with her again
10/11/15 - She will accompany me back on the same flight for 30 days
11/14/15 - She returns back to China
12/01/15 - I-129F Fed-Ex'd to the Lewisville address
12/03/15 - Packet signed for by the receiver
12/07/15 - NOA1 Generated
12/11/15 - NOA1 Received
01/14/15 - NOA2 Generated (Approved)
01/28/16 - NVC Received (Still waiting papers for official date)
01/29/16 - NVC Case# Assigned (Still waiting papers for official date)
02/03/16 - Case Sent to Embassy
02/04/16 - Case Received by Embassy
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Received
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
03/04/16 - DS-160 Fee paid
03/09/16 - Packet 4 Received (Documents were prepared in advance)
04/02/16 - I return to China to provide moral and emotional support as she goes to her Interview on the 5th
04/05/16 - Interview Date (APPROVED!!!)

04/25/16 - POE Dallas Texas (DFW) smooth sailing through customs

04/25/16 - Arrived in Nashville, TN 10pm
04/29/16 - Marriage Certificate received
SSN filed somewhere after this point (exact date is not remembered, received after a 30 minute wait)
11/16/16 - AoS packet mailed (i-485, i-765, i-131)
11/18/16 - AoS packet received
12/06/16 - Check Cashed
02/28/17 - EAD and AP Approved
03/02/17 - NOA2 for EAD and AP Arrived
03/02/17 - EAD/AP Card Arrived

Got my passport/visa delivered today :) I fly to the US in two weeks, good luck all still on their journeys!!

**I am the Beneficiary from the UK**

K1 Journey

Got Engaged - December 2nd, 2015 :wub:
Posted I-129F to Dallas, TX, - December 2nd
I-129F Delivered to Dallas Lockbox - December 7th 2015
Received NOA1 E Notification - December 10th 2015
NOA1 Hardcopy Recieved - December 14th 2015
NOA2 Notification - January 27th 2016 49 days from NOA1
Rang and Received LDN number from NVC - 8th February 2016
Medical - 4th March 2016
*Knightsbridge required more medical information*
Case completed and being sent to Embassy from Knightsbridge 23rd March 2016
Interview Date: 21st April 2016
APPROVED!! :DVisa Issued: 25th of April 2016
Visa ready for Delivery: 27th April 2016
Visa Delivered & in hand: 28th April 2016
POE Phoenix - 12th May 2016
Married - 28th of May 2016

AOS Journey

AOS sent to Chicago Lockbox 5th July 2016
Arrived at Chicago Lockbox 7th July 2016
3 texts/Emails NOA1 11 July 2016
Hardcopies Recieved in the mail 16th July 2016
Case numbers start working on the USCIS website 7th September 2016
Infopass appointment Scheduled for 09/15/2016 at local office.
EAD and AP updated to "Approved!" -14th September 2016
Infopass appointment and Biometrics completed 15th September 2016
EAD updated to "Card being produced!" 15 September 2016
Biometrics scheduled 28th September 2016 - Completed
Recieved hardcopies of the approval notices for EAD and AP 19th September 2016
EAD status changed to "Card mailed" - 22nd September 2016
EAD/AP combo card in hand - 29th September 2016
AOS Interview - 21st December 2016 - Approved!!
Card Production ordered. - 21st December 2016
AOS status changed to "Card was mailed" - 27th December 2016

Recieved Greencard in the mail - 29th December 2016

ROC - September 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well, finally got my NVC number yesterday. It took 28 days....

In Thailand now so I'll fill my 160 form online today, pay the $265 fee tomorrow and wait till the status is "ready".

6/10/2016 Received visa package in mail

Didn't work out....relationship is over

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.