BKN

December 2015 I-129F Filers [edited title]

1,886 posts in this topic

This can be a very stressful time for your fiancé and I commend you on stepping up and making her life a little easier.

Can we be nosey and asked what their fees are?

They do not care who's check is paying your fee for the application. All they care is that you made the check out properly and that there is money in the account when they electronically cash the check.

It was 1995.00 includes the k1 visa forms and green card.

You can check them out at us immigration advisor in Bangkok Thailand

Just google it and you'll find them!

etrangais, on 06 Jan 2016 - 7:35 PM, said:

Good evening all,

I have a question that could be stupid (or may be not) but please bear with me:

When filling out I-129F form, and if extra sheets are needed (for example question 14), do I attach an extra blank sheet of paper with all the needed info or do I attach a duplicate page 2?

Your help is appreciated.

Use and extra sheet of paper and include across the top Your Names then add the information requested.

On the cover letter you should have a bulleted list of documents that you are including in the package then for the extra sheet list it like so.

1. I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, Explanation of meeting in person

Here is an example of the cover letter. http://dennyeyberg.wix.com/filipino-am-visa#!i-129f-letter/cqq1

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

So far they had made things easy for me and my fiancé .

I'm thankful for doing so much research on all the attorneys before hiring them.

You can ask a ton of questions for free before hiring them.

jsaechao907, on 06 Jan 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

It was 1995.00 includes the k1 visa forms and green card.

You can check them out at us immigration advisor in Bangkok Thailand

Just google it and you'll find them!

Thanks for sharing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

So far they had made things easy for me and my fiancé .

I'm thankful for doing so much research on all the attorneys before hiring them.

You can ask a ton of questions for free before hiring them.

That's crazy. The cheapest lawyer that would even give me a quote for anything without payment, was $2,100 only to file the k1 paperwork. Most people in my area required an appointment and a $150-250 initial fee for questions/any information

That's crazy. The cheapest lawyer that would even give me a quote for anything without payment, was $2,100 only to file the k1 paperwork. Most people in my area required an appointment and a $150-250 initial fee for questions/any information

I was lucky . I was going to hire one that would cost me about 2500 for just the k1 forms , but accidentally Stumble upon this firm and did a ton of homework on them, plus they'll ask a ton of questions on your part to see if your qualify to take on as a client. They're repetition is the most important thing to them. Yes they do have a payment plan too.

The thing that convinced me about that lawyer is what you said "If he and staff feels they can't get you a visa they won't take you as a client". That usually means they are not going to waste your time and their time because "time is money". The other thing is that is a warning sign if they don't take your case. :idea:

getmoneymegan, on 06 Jan 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:

And look now, you are getting information for free and enjoying everyone's company while going through the process. The only thing missing is your favorite drink. :secret:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

My attorney will answer your questions no matter how much you ask for free before hiring them !

The thing that convinced me about that lawyer is what you said "If he and staff feels they can't get you a visa they won't take you as a client". That usually means they are not going to waste your time and their time because "time is money". The other thing is that is a warning sign if they don't take your case. :idea:

And look now, you are getting information for free and enjoying everyone's company while going through the process. The only thing missing is your favorite drink. :secret:[/quote

They're very straight forward about everything. You can ask them a million questions for free, before hiring they're firm.

And look now, you are getting information for free and enjoying everyone's company while going through the process. The only thing missing is your favorite drink. :secret:

Haha I feel like I owe you a lot of money from all of the dumb questions I ask. But on the bright side, I'll be away with no laptop for 6 days, and you won't have to worry about all my notifications lol

getmoneymegan, on 06 Jan 2016 - 10:45 PM, said:

Haha I feel like I owe you a lot of money from all of the dumb questions I ask. But on the bright side, I'll be away with no laptop for 6 days, and you won't have to worry about all my notifications lol

It's gong to be lonely around here. :rofl:

Don't stop asking questions. This process is different for everyone.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

These service provider are in the immigration business, They only need a lawyer to use his name on the paper as representing attorney. The lawyer doesn't do anything at all, all the paperwork are done by regular trained (people) they handle 10 of thousands of cases, so they know the step pretty well. They usually have an office in the us to get your information and file your application, they will have another office in foreign country to gather your fiance information and prepare the paper work. At each step they will ask your fiance or you to provide the correct paper work for them to file. They make appointment for your interview, tell you what to prepare for the interview so on and so far. Since they aren't lawyer that consulting you they just charge you a flat fee per case. I bet most answer they give you, you will find here on VJ.

Most people use the service because they want piece of mind for their fiance, especially when they can speak the same language as your fiance does, so your fiance isn't overload.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! I just have a question. I received an update on my status today. "On Jan6 we updated your name for 1-29f" Me and my fiancé did not do any revision on our names. Anyone who has the same situation as ours? Or anyone knows what this means? We are still waiting on our noa2 and was surprised on this update. Help?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! I just have a question. I received an update on my status today. "On Jan6 we updated your name for 1-29f" Me and my fiancé did not do any revision on our names. Anyone who has the same situation as ours? Or anyone knows what this means? We are still waiting on our noa2 and was surprised on this update. Help?

Hello annabanana! Gald to see a fellow kababayan in this forum ☺️. Maybe you can inquire about it by calling uscis hotline regarding the updates for peace of mind, however you may want to wait until you receive your noa2 and then check for any changes in you and your fiancé's info (if there's any). We're also waiting for our noa2. Hope that helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.