ruby1989

Islamabad Embassy - No show to interview but we never received interview date or time

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Today my Fiance received a call from the Islamabad embassy stating that his interview was today and that he missed his slot.

They asked why we missed the appointment and he told them that we never received any documentation for the interview date and time.

The man on the phone said that they sent the appointment through email and they do not send by post, he even questioned my fiance and I speak on a regular basis (which we do).

And said that we didn't communicate this with each other. We have been waiting for any sign from the embassy and have received none through mail or email.

I went back through my emails and found nothing I received. We only received a confirmation for filling out the D-160 form on 9/30/15. After which, it said we should file our paperwork and upon receipt of that paperwork will receive interview documentation.

Today on the phone call, they claimed to send us our interview date to my email (to sponsor's email address) on 9/30 same day that we filed the D-160. To me this doesn't make sense.

We sent our final packet documentation on 10/26/15 - So technically, we could not have received our interview date before then. (yes/no)

Should they not have sent the interview letter in the mail?

BTW, we also followed up on the phone with them between 10/26/15 and last week to see if there was any update on the status and they referred us to the website which said no status.

The man said to send them an email stating our side of the story and that they will reschedule. But this doesn't look the best for us that we didn't show up to interview (but we didn't receive anything!).

Any help or experience with this embassy is really appreciated.

Thanks

- A

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Asia: South Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is embassy/consulate-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Today my Fiance received a call from the Islamabad embassy stating that his interview was today and that he missed his slot.

They asked why we missed the appointment and he told them that we never received any documentation for the interview date and time.

The man on the phone said that they sent the appointment through email and they do not send by post, he even questioned my fiance and I speak on a regular basis (which we do). Thats how we got our interview date, through e-mail. So I guess that's true for most consulates.

And said that we didn't communicate this with each other. We have been waiting for any sign from the embassy and have received none through mail or email.

I went back through my emails and found nothing I received. We only received a confirmation for filling out the D-160 form on 9/30/15. After which, it said we should file our paperwork and upon receipt of that paperwork will receive interview documentation.

Today on the phone call, they claimed to send us our interview date to my email (to sponsor's email address) on 9/30 same day that we filed the D-160. To me this doesn't make sense.

We sent our final packet documentation on 10/26/15 - So technically, we could not have received our interview date before then. (yes/no) No, they schedule your appointment date and you gotta make sure to have the documents sent by then. (I'm 90% that's how it works)

Should they not have sent the interview letter in the mail? Email makes more sense since mail is more unreliable and could arrive too late.

BTW, we also followed up on the phone with them between 10/26/15 and last week to see if there was any update on the status and they referred us to the website which said no status.

The man said to send them an email stating our side of the story and that they will reschedule. But this doesn't look the best for us that we didn't show up to interview (but we didn't receive anything!).

Any help or experience with this embassy is really appreciated.

Thanks

- A

I got our interview date also on my fiancee's e-mail address (the US citizen/petitioner), so my guess is that she either didn't see it, or got caught by a spam filter or something like that. I think your only option is to send in the e-mail explaining and reschedule. I don't think it will look play against you really.

They could have sent it to the wrong email address. I am like 100% sure I read a very similar post to yours where they actually sent the email to the wrong address. Btw they got their senator involved and got the case resolved. I would suggest you do the same.

Edit: found the thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/545336-1-month-without-getting-packet-3/

Edited by RKX1101

Our K1 journey Our AOS journey

Sep 30, 2015 - I-129F Petition sent May 17, 2016 - Petition sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)
Oct 08, 2015 - Check cashed May 20, 2016 - Petition received
Oct 08, 2015 - NOA1 Notification May 24, 2016 - NOA1 notification
Oct 13, 2015 - NOA1 hard copy May 28, 2016 - NOA1 Hard copy
Nov 09, 2015 - NOA2 ​ :dancing: June 18, 2016 - Biometrics letter recieved
Nov 19, 2015 - NVC received June 30, 2016 - Biometrics appointment
Nov 19, 2015 - Case number assigned Aug 11, 2016 - AP Approved (Day 87)
Nov 23, 2015 - In transit Aug 11, 2016 - EAD Approved (Day 87)
Nov 25, 2015 - Embassy received
Dec 04, 2015 - Packet 3 Received
Dec 07, 2015 - Documents sent
Jan 06, 2016 - Interview letter received
Jan 28, 2016 - Interview :dancing:
Mar 11, 2016 - Issued :dancing::dancing:
Apr 09, 2016 - POE

Apr xx, 2016 - Got SSN
May 02, 2016 - Marriage

May xx, 2016 - State ID and driving permit

u4vHp5.png

Filed: Timeline

They could have sent it to the wrong email address. I am like 100% sure I read a very similar post to yours where they actually sent the email to the wrong address. Btw they got their senator involved and got the case resolved. I would suggest you do the same.

Edit: found the thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/545336-1-month-without-getting-packet-3/

Thank you for the reply. I hope that it works out :(

Timeline

Not too long ago I found that I have two emails in a Junk folder from USCIS. They were actually "junk" but I would assume emails from USCIS would not go to that folder. So, if you haven't why dont you check that folder maybe it's there.

I cleaned My Timeline. Hope nobody minds

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.