aljci

Interview Questions about Arrest Records

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You should be just fine as long as you have answered everything honestly. The I-129F is very specific about what it asks for regarding arrests/convictions, you answered honestly so you should not have issues.

As I said earlier the embassy could very well know about your fiance's arrests and MAY ask... may... and as we already discussed, just be honest and all is good.

Yes i totally agree. It's maybe out of anxiety that im second guessing myself when i hear others' opinion about it. Thank you for replying again. God bless

If the consular officer asks you whether your fiancé has ever been arrested, the consular officer will already know the answer.

Hi let me tell you this when I went to my wife's interview the CO called me into a side office and asked me if I told my wife about my arrest record that happened over 20 yrs ago I'm glad I did cuz they went and asked her about it if I lied she would not be with me right now

Timeline

Hi let me tell you this when I went to my wife's interview the CO called me into a side office and asked me if I told my wife about my arrest record that happened over 20 yrs ago I'm glad I did cuz they went and asked her about it if I lied she would not be with me right now

So it's like they just wanna make sure that the beneficiary is aware of the petitioner's past. Ok then its no problem since i know his past arrests records. Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

Hi OP, too bad some people get very over wrought about subjects like this, so just relax and ignore the hysteria. I think you have it just right, the only reason I can imagine them asking you about the petitioners arrest history is to see how well you actually know your fiancé. Not to do you a favor, but to see if your relationship is for real.

And of course, 'they' know all about your fiancé, as long as his arrests were in the last 20 years since everything is in a digital record. People get arrested here for traffic violations and minor offenses and the like and it proves nothing about a person's character, intentions, or motivations.

Please try to stay relaxed, your interview is in a few days.

Best wishes and let us know how it goes!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

So it's like they just wanna make sure that the beneficiary is aware of the petitioner's past. Ok then its no problem since i know his past arrests records. Thank you

Exactly! :thumbs: Now you got it. ;)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Exactly! :thumbs: Now you got it. ;)

I had my interview today. These were the exact words of the CO that interviewed me "ok, everything is good but i need to see the court records of the case in 2006, go to window 5 and they'll give you the instructions" then they sent me thru email a 221g and they did not give me my passport. My fiance said he'll get the court records tomorrow and send them to me. So what do you think? I was totally honest during the interview and answered every question he even said that at least im aware of his past

Timeline

Hi OP, too bad some people get very over wrought about subjects like this, so just relax and ignore the hysteria. I think you have it just right, the only reason I can imagine them asking you about the petitioners arrest history is to see how well you actually know your fiancé. Not to do you a favor, but to see if your relationship is for real.

And of course, 'they' know all about your fiancé, as long as his arrests were in the last 20 years since everything is in a digital record. People get arrested here for traffic violations and minor offenses and the like and it proves nothing about a person's character, intentions, or motivations.

Please try to stay relaxed, your interview is in a few days.

Best wishes and let us know how it goes!

I had my interview today. These were the exact words of the CO that interviewed me "ok, everything is good but i need to see the court records of the case in 2006, go to window 5 and they'll give you the instructions" then they sent me thru email a 221g and they did not give me my passport. My fiance said he'll get the court records tomorrow and send them to me. So what do you think? I was totally honest during the interview and answered every question he even said that at least im aware of his past

Timeline

You being aware of your fiance's past is a "big" step forward. Have your fiance email a copy of the records to you, print out the court records and the 221g email, bring all of that to 2GO for delivery to the embassy. Expect the processing to take a few weeks once the embassy received everything. Outcome? Don't know, may depend what the court records show. My gut says all will be fine in the end... time will tell. :)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

You being aware of your fiance's past is a "big" step forward. Have your fiance email a copy of the records to you, print out the court records and the 221g email, bring all of that to 2GO for delivery to the embassy. Expect the processing to take a few weeks once the embassy received everything. Outcome? Don't know, may depend what the court records show. My gut says all will be fine in the end... time will tell. :)

I told the CO the case in 2006 never went to trial it was dismissed. He was typing and looking on his computer and it looks like he knows already what im saying. Then i forgot if it was the CO or the lady at window 5 that said if you have the documents already that i would have bee approved right away

Timeline

I told the CO the case in 2006 never went to trial it was dismissed. He was typing and looking on his computer and it looks like he knows already what im saying. Then i forgot if it was the CO or the lady at window 5 that said if you have the documents already that i would have bee approved right away

Hearing that I would say aside from the "paperwork" you are good to go!! :thumbs:

Time to smile, relax and start thinking about what to pack.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

Wow, interesting! Thanks for sharing that.

Sorry you have to deal with this paperwork glitch. Wonder why they are making you 'jump through this hoop' instead of just approving you. Bureaucrats will be bureaucrats I guess. Crossing the t's and dotting the i's. ?

Timeline

Hearing that I would say aside from the "paperwork" you are good to go!! :thumbs:

Time to smile, relax and start thinking about what to pack.

I sent the court records, with the case information, the charges, the disposition which is stated as NO ACTION including the docket. Only 2 pages and then 221g email and 221g submission slip. 2go said it will get to the embassy tomorrow. I hope i sent enough and i hope its the one they're looking for.

Wow, interesting! Thanks for sharing that.

Sorry you have to deal with this paperwork glitch. Wonder why they are making you 'jump through this hoop' instead of just approving you. Bureaucrats will be bureaucrats I guess. Crossing the t's and dotting the i's. ?

I sent the court records, with the case information, the charges, the disposition which is stated as NO ACTION including the docket. Only 2 pages and then 221g email and 221g submission slip. 2go said it will get to the embassy tomorrow. I hope i sent enough and i hope its the one they're looking for.

Timeline

Hi... if you dont mind, i just like to know what was the 2006 case is all about... was it something that falls under IMBRA? my interview is soon and i'm looking onto things about what they may ask me about his court records and arrests... i have his criminal records on hand and if ever they would ask me for it, can i just give it to them directly?

Hoping for your response. Thank you!

Timeline

Hi... if you dont mind, i just like to know what was the 2006 case is all about... was it something that falls under IMBRA? my interview is soon and i'm looking onto things about what they may ask me about his court records and arrests... i have his criminal records on hand and if ever they would ask me for it, can i just give it to them directly?

Hoping for your response. Thank you!

Yes it does. It's a good thing you already have his records. Don't volunteer anything. Just answer what is being asked. If they ask for it, then show the records. And most importantly, be honest. Good luck and God bless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.