Bootcamp in 42 days. Don't know what i'm doing to get wife visa

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
  • I never had a job.
  • We been married for 4 years.
  • Married in the philipines.
  • She has a job as a teacher.
  • I will be E4 pay grade thats 24k a year over the poverty line.
  • I have the money to pay all the expenses for her visa and airplane.
  • I'm leaving in 42 days to military bootcamp.

So i dont know what would be the fastest way to get her to the USA. IR1 visa, or K1?

Should i just wait until i finish bootcamp?

There some papers that might need her signature. Can i send the paper to her email, she can signature it and scan it send it to me back in email then i can print it. Is this okay for the immigration people? or needs real handwritting?

(F)(L)Can someone please give me advise. Thank you in advance. (L)(F)

Edited by simplegel

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 process to What Visa Do I Need Forum~

~inquiry about family visas~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

With the IR-1, it will be about a year before you submit your financial information. I'm guessing bootcamp will be long finished and you'll have gathered quite a few paystubs by then.

2012: Married
2014 2016 2017: I-130 packet direct to Frankfurt

Frankfurt's "steps" to DCF:

Step 1: I-130 Petition Checklist (PDF, from their USCIS page)

Step 2: Immigrant/Fiance(e) & K-Visa Applicant Checklist (PDF, from their Appointment & Interview page)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from What Visa Do I Need to Military-Immigration Related Discussion~

~Impending military service will likely impact immigration decision~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

How do you go into the military and instantly become an E4?

Are you going in as an officer?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

So officer?

Thats what I'd do.

No officers start at O1 rank or W1. Its only $300 more per month then a E4 normal enlistment when you minus the less benefits as an officer you get less food allowence and less housing benefits. When you calculate all its about a $300 difference per month and more work to do. Yes there other perks that officers get like better housing, faster wait times, and other stuff.

Officers have the potential to make MORE in the long run plus they can stay in longer. BAH is dependent on dependents and on location as well. Someone in Guam gets more because it's expensive to live there whereas someone stationed on the mainland will get most likely get less depending on where they live.

Sometimes the benefits don't outweigh the pay check and sometimes they do. Best of luck.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Evidence of a Bonifide Marriage

Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person makingthe affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and detailsexplaining how the person acquired his or herknowledge of your marriage)

I wonder how many i need for this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.