theresaL

K-1 Interview timing

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Good evening everyone and thank you in advance. Everything has gone so fast and I thought the process would take longer than it has so now I need advice on how to slow the process down a bit. I know it seems odd as most everyone is wanting the process to take the least amount of time as possible. My fiancé and I want his interview date to be sometime in January after he returns to France after spending the holidays here with me and my family. I checked CEAC today and status is READY for interview. We have not received packet 3 yet, but we have all of the documents as per the Paris Embassy info here at VJ. So, do we:

1. wait to fill out the DS-160 together when he is here in Dec. or go ahead and do that now?

2. wait to send the statement of readiness at the same time as the DS-160?

3. file the DS-160 now and then send the statement of readiness in Dec.?

We both have personal business to complete before he arrives and ideally that would be late April or early May. Also, we have our wedding planned for late May. I am a little superstitious and don't want to jinx anything. All advice is appreciated.

Uhm, When did your petition say it was going to expire on your NOA2? Would not extend interview beyond that.

Timing things can be very wearisome...Hes moving here so plenty of holidays to come. Maybe spend one last holidays with his there? Just perusing here its clear its very much a risky gambit.

Edited by heo luoi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.