1,321 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations!!!!

Thank you! I'm sending strength to all my fellow VJ members still waiting!

Naturalization Timeline
02/08/2022 - N-400 submitted online

02/09/2022 - status update (your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/09/2022 - letter received in online inbox - biometrics being reused, no appointment required

08/01/2022 - interview notice received

09/20/2022 - interview scheduled

APPROVED!

09/21/2022 - Oath Ceremony

09/21/2022 - Applied for passport book & card and registered to vote

10/29/2022 - received passport book (not expedited)

11/03/2022 - received passport card

We were just approved! On the day I post asking a question, we got approved! The email/text came through at 4PM eastern time! Card being produced! That means approved with no interview!!

Congratulations guys!

I can hope that my approval won't be too far behind yours seeing as our timelines are similar. Fingers crossed!

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

We were just approved! On the day I post asking a question, we got approved! The email/text came through at 4PM eastern time! Card being produced! That means approved with no interview!!

Congrats!

YAY!!! Congrats!

AOS from K1 JOURNEY

10/13/2015 - Applied for Social Security Card
10/31/2015 - Wedding

11/09/2015 - AOS Package Mailed
11/12/2015 - AOS Package Delivered

11/13/2015 - Fingerprint fee for I-485 received

11/14/2015 - Social Security Card received in mail

11/16/2015 - Received 3 NOA text/emails at 11:25pm

11/21/2015 - Received 3 NOA in the mail (receipts dated 11/12/15)

11/27/2015 - Received Biometrics NOA in the mail

12/10/2015 - Biometrics appointment at 9:00am

01/26/2016 - Put in a service request online for EAD (75 days)

01/28/2016 - "assigned to an officer for response"

01/29/2016 - "your inquiry was completed"

02/01/2016 - I-765 & I-131 Approved (received text & email 02/02/16)

02/05/2016 - USCIS status change - EAD mailed w/tracking # (text & email)

02/08/2016 - USCIS status change - "On 02/04/2016, we mailed your new card" for EAD (text & email)

02/08/2016 - Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail (no status updates about AP except "approved")

03/16/2016 - Status changed for I-485 "Name was Updated" (received text & email 03/17/16 9:30am EST) (Never submitted a name change)

04/15/2016 - Called USCIS & Put in a Service Request online regarding "Name was Updated" status

04/15/2016 - Received email "On March 16, 2016 your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence was approved.We have reviewed our electronic records and found that your Permanent Resident Card (PRC) is already in production." (NO INTERVIEW)

05/05/2016 - Another online service request asking status of PRC

05/18/2016 - Received email saying file was in Sacramento, not Pittsburgh, and it was not approved yet. WHAT?!?!

05/20/2016 - Status changed online to "On May 16, 2016, we ordered your new card"

05/23/2016 - USCIS status change - "On 05/23/2016, we mailed your new card" (text & email)

05/24/2016 - USCIS status change - "On 05/24/2016, USPS picked up your new card" w/ tracking info (text & email)

05/26/2016 - Received card in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks everyone!!! I'm hoping all November filers can be approved soon!! Stay strong everyone!

Naturalization Timeline
02/08/2022 - N-400 submitted online

02/09/2022 - status update (your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/09/2022 - letter received in online inbox - biometrics being reused, no appointment required

08/01/2022 - interview notice received

09/20/2022 - interview scheduled

APPROVED!

09/21/2022 - Oath Ceremony

09/21/2022 - Applied for passport book & card and registered to vote

10/29/2022 - received passport book (not expedited)

11/03/2022 - received passport card

Thanks everyone!!! I'm hoping all November filers can be approved soon!! Stay strong everyone!

Staying strong! Based on the file tracking (as reliable as it is) of Albany NY office, the next couple of weeks should be our time. Hopefully just a quick approved and card being produced. Congrats gentlemen!

JB

I-751 Removal of Conditions Timeline:

3/19/2018: Sent Application to VSC

3/20/2018: Application Packet Received By VSC

3/26/2018: Check Cashed By VSC

3/27/2018: Received NOA Letter w/Notice Date of 3/22/2018 

5/11/2018: Received Biometrics Letter

5/21/2018: Biometrics Appointment 

5/30/2019: Received Notification New Card Being Produced

6/5/2019: Received Green Card

Staying strong! Based on the file tracking (as reliable as it is) of Albany NY office, the next couple of weeks should be our time. Hopefully just a quick approved and card being produced. Congrats gentlemen!

JB

Hi, our field office is in Albany too and we just got notice of our interview on May 24.

Hi, our field office is in Albany too and we just got notice of our interview on May 24.

That's great. I am hoping going through a K-1 process will keep us from having to complete an interview, since he had one at the consulate. It seems like many K-1's don't have to do the interview, but some do. Good luck with your interview!

I-751 Removal of Conditions Timeline:

3/19/2018: Sent Application to VSC

3/20/2018: Application Packet Received By VSC

3/26/2018: Check Cashed By VSC

3/27/2018: Received NOA Letter w/Notice Date of 3/22/2018 

5/11/2018: Received Biometrics Letter

5/21/2018: Biometrics Appointment 

5/30/2019: Received Notification New Card Being Produced

6/5/2019: Received Green Card

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

No interview date or any update about I 485.

I came over on a tourist visa and I wonder is that a problem rather than apply through the fiance visa.

Got my EAD in March but no update on my SSN.

It will be 5 weeks this friday since I applied for SSN.

My employer won't pay me until I get SSN.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If your social security took that long out of my experience go back

I waited five weeks to find out about mine and had to go back into the office to find out the woman did it all wrong

Take all your documents again and basically reapply

If they say 'they're waiting on the dhs' that means it's lost basically the manager told me

Your best bet is to ask for your manager at your local social security office

I hope this helps, don't waste anytime waiting because I did the same thing and it was all for nothing!

Date Filed : November 12th

NOA : November 16th

Biometrics : December 7th

Approved EAD&AP : January 29th

Card Mailed : February 2nd
Received Card : February 5th

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

No interview date or any update about I 485.

I came over on a tourist visa and I wonder is that a problem rather than apply through the fiance visa.

Got my EAD in March but no update on my SSN.

It will be 5 weeks this friday since I applied for SSN.

My employer won't pay me until I get SSN.

I think it has nothing to do with your tourist visa. I came to the US with a tourist visa too. I filed my papers in the middle of November, got a RFE at the end of December. Sent it back at the end of February, got my EAD/AP and the day for my interview at the end of March. My interview is scheduled for May 2nd. I think the process is like a lottery, it depends on the office but on the officer too. I read Seattle office is way behind the others but in my case even with the two months delay for the RFE, it was pretty fast. So it depends more on the office /officer than in the type of visa you re upgrading from.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

while we are waiting, this link might be interesting. I am not sure about truthiness, but it explain many area of processing.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

F2A - AOS Journey

10/24/2015 - AOS Sent via USPS EMS

10/27/2015 - i485, i131 & i765 Case Accepted

11/03/2015 - (Receipt # received in eMail - SMS for all three)

11/23/2015 - Biometric Done

01/14/2016 - EAD/AP approved, New Card Produced...

01/22/2016 - EAD/AP Card Received

04/04/2016 - Case updated for Interview, Interview in MidMay @ Tampa,FL

05/13/2016 - Interview (Approved, IO told about receiving paperwork in a week)

06/06/2016 - Service Request for Case taking longer time (As no update on case after 3 weeks of Interview)

07/07/2016 - Service Request open & respond

07/09/2016 - Card was delivered to me by the post office, Physical card (10 years) & Welcome Letter received - (No update as email, but case status updated on USCIS web)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

With still no case updates since November 27th, and still no acknowledgement that the RFE they wanted has been received by the USCIS office when I sent it last December, I called USCIS earlier this week. The lady was nice enough, but same old response - can't give me any specific information, can't tell me if my RFE has been received, can't even tell me if my case is even at the Tampa office or not. I was then told to "wait 22 days" and if I've not heard anything by then, to call back. Seeing as this approx. the 5th time I've called USCIS with similar responses, I don't see how anything will be different this time.

If they'd confirmed receipt of the RFE (which has been confirmed delivered to them by USPS), and/ or updated my status to "ready to schedule interview" then fine, I'd exercise a bit more patience. However, with it coming up to 6 months since the last update on my case, not knowing where the RFE I sent back actually is, and then seeing people filing months later getting updates and/ or interviews/ green cards, I feel I have been more than patient.

Thus I have taken the decision to contact my local Congressman and see if that may nudge my case along at all. I didn't want to do this as I feel it might be "jumping the queue" (I know there's a few October filers still waiting, and also others from way back last year), but with my case status still showing "we will not begin working on your case until we receive the requested evidence" (on November 27th) it seems that nothing has happened on my case in nearly 6 months, and probably, according to the update, they haven't even started working on it. Nearly everyone else gets SOME form of update when submitting an RFE, plus next month my medical will expire just to add to the dilemma.

Hoping that invoking my congressman may trigger some form of update.

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.