1,321 posts in this topic

wahoo congrats!!!! yes you will get the card:)

Thanks, it has been a long wait, I hope everyone else's cases are processed soon and with a happy ending. Do you know approximately how long they will take to send card? Will I get a tracking number? (Is it similar to EAD process once approved?)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

My greencard just arrived! I'm so happy right now

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? California Service Center on 2014-10-30

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-10-11

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-10-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-13

NVC Received : 2014-11-20

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :

NVC Left : 2014-12-03

Consulate Received : 2014-12-12

Packet 3 Received : 2014-12-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2015-02-04

Packet 4 Received : 2015-02-13

Interview Date : 2015-03-09 icon13.gifSubmit Review

Interview Result : Approved

AOS

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2015-11-18

NOA Date : 2015-11-27

RFE(s) : 2015-12-28

Bio. Appt. : 2015-12-14

Ead approval ; 2016-02-22

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date : 2016-03-01

Approved : Yes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just got an update regarding my AOS. USPS just picked my card and will be delivered to me. It only took 103 days from the day they received my application. This is so awesome!! Finally! Y'all get yours soon guys! Yay!!

Hello All,

Just received a text message this morning that my i485 case has been updated and it now shows "New Card is Being Produced". Does this mean my i485 has been approved and interview has been waived?

Thanks,

We all hope for that! Congratulations!

Naturalization Timeline

N-400 app submitted/received: August 22, 2020

Biometric reuse notification: October 22, 2020

Interview Scheduled: November 5, 2020

Interview Date: December 7, 2020 - SUCCESS!

Oath Ceremony mistakenly scheduled (then descheduled!): December 8, 2020

Oath Ceremony Scheduled: December 9, 2020

Scheduled Oath Ceremony: January 8, 2021

ROC Timeline

I-797/NOA 1: January 12, 2018

Biometrics appointment: February 22, 2018

18-month I-797: August 10 2018

AOS Timeline

NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765: November 9, 2015

Biometrics appointment: December 2, 2015

RFE for I-485: December 3, 2015

EAD card and approval notice received: February 16, 2016

2-year conditional Green Card received: March 26, 2016

K-1 Timeline
NOA 1: December 8, 2014
NOA 2: June, 2015

Packet 3 received: July, 2015
Medical: August 12, 2015
Packet 4 received: September 23, 2015
Interview: September 25, 2015
Visa received: October 2, 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats to the recent approvals!!!

I have a question for anyone that's done this already, how long did it take for your social security card to have a name change?

I keep getting the most ridiculous responses of oh six weeks when on my letter it said four and no matter who ispeak to I get no straight answer!

Just wanted to see if anyone is in the same boat

I'm screwed waiting for it coz the driving test center won't let me take the test without the actual card :( one wait after another !

Date Filed : November 12th

NOA : November 16th

Biometrics : December 7th

Approved EAD&AP : January 29th

Card Mailed : February 2nd
Received Card : February 5th

Congrats to the recent approvals!!!

I have a question for anyone that's done this already, how long did it take for your social security card to have a name change?

I keep getting the most ridiculous responses of oh six weeks when on my letter it said four and no matter who ispeak to I get no straight answer!

Just wanted to see if anyone is in the same boat

I'm screwed waiting for it coz the driving test center won't let me take the test without the actual card :( one wait after another !

Hi. I got mine via mail 2 weeks after I applied for a name change. :)

My greencard just arrived! I'm so happy right now

Congrats, mine was just approved yesterday :)

Did you get a tracking number update on your USCIS?

Hi. I got mine via mail 2 weeks after I applied for a name change. :)

Hi! Did you initiate your AOS process with your married name or maiden name? At what time did you require the name change?

Hi! Did you initiate your AOS process with your married name or maiden name? At what time did you require the name change?

The day I got my marriage certificate I headed to SSA for a name change so that their database will be updated and since I had the intention of filing my AOS under my married name. I just felt that it's basic to do changes first at the SSA so that the rest of my documents will be easy and accesible like driver's license, RN license etc... :)

The day I got my marriage certificate I headed to SSA for a name change so that their database will be updated and since I had the intention of filing my AOS under my married name. I just felt that it's basic to do changes first at the SSA so that the rest of my documents will be easy and accesible like driver's license, RN license etc... :)

Perfect. Thanks!

In my case, I started the AOS process with my maiden name because my passport and all my documents were under my maiden name. Does anyone know if in the interview I could present a new passport with my married name and ask that the GC, when issued, bring my married name? Or will I have to do this name adjustment only after the GC is issued?

In my case, I started the AOS process with my maiden name because my passport and all my documents were under my maiden name. Does anyone know if in the interview I could present a new passport with my married name and ask that the GC, when issued, bring my married name? Or will I have to do this name adjustment only after the GC is issued?

You don't need a new passport to change your name; you normally only need your marriage license to change your last name. Since you submitted your AOS documents in your maiden name, they will issue it in that name. If you want to have them issued in your married last name, then you will need to contact them ASAP. If your GC comes in your maiden name, most government institutions will probably give you a hard time about using your married name. If you carry your marriage license with you, you can prove your name change.

If you want your GC in your married name AFTER your GC is issued, you will need to file Form I-90 and pay $450 for a new GC. https://www.uscis.gov/i-90

Signature coming soon...

Perfect. Thanks!

Hey I did the same thing by applying with maiden name, it wasnt until after the fact I had found out you can apply using your married name, i placed a few calls to the National Customer Service line, they cannot change it and said i would need to write a letter to the National Benefits Center who were handling my case- i sent it recorded delivery and even got a notification on February 29th to say name had been updated however when I went for Interview on March 3rd there was no documentation or noticed for our IO however she wrote my married name on her documents and said my GC would reflect this.. But i have read not all are as helpful. As i know paying $450 is a little too steep

Hope this helps

AOS timeline

11/16/2015 : Got married at the courthouse

11/17/2015 : Sent AOS package to the Chicago lockbox: I-485, I-130, I-765

11/19/2015 : USCIS received package

11/28/2015 : Received NOA1 by mail

12/11/2015 : Received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

12/22/2015 : Biometrics appointment completed

01/27/2015 : Interview notice received for March 3rd

02/06/2016 : Received email saying that EAD Card/ Document is in prodution

02/10/2016 : EAD card arrived in the mail

03/03/2016 : Interview - IO requested further evidenxe

03/30/2016 : Card is being produced & APPROVED!!!

04/01/2016 : Mailed

Hey I did the same thing by applying with maiden name, it wasnt until after the fact I had found out you can apply using your married name, i placed a few calls to the National Customer Service line, they cannot change it and said i would need to write a letter to the National Benefits Center who were handling my case- i sent it recorded delivery and even got a notification on February 29th to say name had been updated however when I went for Interview on March 3rd there was no documentation or noticed for our IO however she wrote my married name on her documents and said my GC would reflect this.. But i have read not all are as helpful. As i know paying $450 is a little too steep

Hope this helps

This is actually a good idea and worth trying. Did you provide the National Benefit Center any document to support this request to change name other than you marriage license (which probably they already had on your file)? If it's possible to avoid this $450 payment, it is always worth it.

This is actually a good idea and worth trying. Did you provide the National Benefit Center any document to support this request to change name other than you marriage license (which probably they already had on your file)? If it's possible to avoid this $450 payment, it is always worth it.

No i just wrote a letter stating my Receipts Numbers, A Number, explained that I wanted to use my married name as per marriage certificate on file, stated my name how it is on application and how I wanted it to be going forward- if you have already got your EAD this may not be altered but once you get GC it will override it.

Also I would take copy of letter to your interview to prove you took steps prior to correct it

AOS timeline

11/16/2015 : Got married at the courthouse

11/17/2015 : Sent AOS package to the Chicago lockbox: I-485, I-130, I-765

11/19/2015 : USCIS received package

11/28/2015 : Received NOA1 by mail

12/11/2015 : Received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

12/22/2015 : Biometrics appointment completed

01/27/2015 : Interview notice received for March 3rd

02/06/2016 : Received email saying that EAD Card/ Document is in prodution

02/10/2016 : EAD card arrived in the mail

03/03/2016 : Interview - IO requested further evidenxe

03/30/2016 : Card is being produced & APPROVED!!!

04/01/2016 : Mailed

Yes, I have tried submitting a service request (Case Inquiry) numerous times via the USCIS website. Each time it comes back as "Case is within normal processing times" and no further action can be taken at present. I have also called USCIS numerous times and get told the same thing, but they also cannot confirm that they have received the RFE because they "Don't have access to that information".

My only glimmer of hope is that the RFE stated that the response had to be received within 87 days from the date of the RFE. As those 87 days have now passed and I've not received any communication/ email/ text that they DIDN'T receive it on time (I would assume my AOS would be cancelled if they didn't receive it within 87 days), then perhaps I am still in the system and someone simply hasn't updated my case online.

When I spoke to the officer on the phone, he said my local office would be Tampa, though he couldn't confirm whether my case had actually been transferred there or not. If it had, then Tampa is currently processing cases up to July 2015, and as mine is November then that would explain "still within normal processing times".

I guess not much I can do other than to continue waiting and hoping for an update. Frustrating.

Small update/ glimmer of hope for my case. As I mentioned above, each time I tried submitting a service request/ case inquiry the USCIS website kept coming back with "Case is within normal processing times". I tried to submit one tonight (I keep doing so every few days), and it looks like it has finally gone through. Hopefully this may trigger some sort of update at least, and at least I should find out one way or another if they are working on my case again and if they've finally got the RFE in my file.

Thank you for your request USCIS will review and process the request.

Expect a reply by March 30, 2016

Your request ID number is SR************************

Edited by ChasUno

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.