1,321 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

From Application being accepted to receiving greencard 7 days.

congratulations

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? California Service Center on 2014-10-30

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-10-11

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-10-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-13

NVC Received : 2014-11-20

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :

NVC Left : 2014-12-03

Consulate Received : 2014-12-12

Packet 3 Received : 2014-12-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2015-02-04

Packet 4 Received : 2015-02-13

Interview Date : 2015-03-09 icon13.gifSubmit Review

Interview Result : Approved

AOS

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2015-11-18

NOA Date : 2015-11-27

RFE(s) : 2015-12-28

Bio. Appt. : 2015-12-14

Ead approval ; 2016-02-22

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date : 2016-03-01

Approved : Yes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay this is weird. I got a text message update regarding with our AOS.

Case Was Approved

On March 2, 2016, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC**********. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

But in the case history section it says...

03/03/2016

We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, for an interview.

I'm so confused.

We filed our AOS November 25, 2015

First status update: December 31, 2015 ready to be scheduled for interview

Second status update: March 03, 2016 case approved/schedule interview.

I don't know if it's an update for interview again.

Okay this is weird. I got a text message update regarding with our AOS.

Case Was Approved

On March 2, 2016, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC**********. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

But in the case history section it says...

03/03/2016

We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, for an interview.

I'm so confused.

We filed our AOS November 25, 2015

First status update: December 31, 2015 ready to be scheduled for interview

Second status update: March 03, 2016 case approved/schedule interview.

I don't know if it's an update for interview again.

I'm pretty sure this means that you don't have go for an interview and your case is approved. Congrats! It wouldn't hurt to give them a call and ask specifically though.

Still no update on my AOS/ I-485. My online case tracker still states that they send an RFE for initial evidence on November 27th, and despite sending in that evidence via USPS tracked/ signed for mail, my case still hasn't been updated.

I called USCIS yesterday to try and see why my case status hasn't been updated after I sent the RFE over two months ago. Same as when I called previously, they say they can't tell me if the RFE has been received but that my case is still within the normal processing time frame. I expressed my concern that as no-one seems to know if the RFE has actually ended up in my file, how do I know anything has happened or will happen? The agent was apologetic, and then said that with my address being Bradenton, FL, then the Tampa office would be dealing with my case and that they are currently working on July 2015 cases. Thus my case is not currently outside the normal processing times. I did explain that no-one even knows if my case has even been transferred to Tampa and could still be sitting in the Chicago Lock Box. Same reply, just sit tight and wait.

I am very frustrated, because if my case status had at least updated to RFE received, then I'd know SOMETHING was happening. With it still stating that they sent an RFE on the 27th November and won't begin working on my case until they receive it, it makes me think NOTHING is happening and the next thing I'll hear is that I didn't submit my RFE within the specified time frame and they'll cancel my AOS application as a result.

Anyone else replied to an RFE and not had their case updated to show it was received on the online case tracker?

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Still no update on my AOS/ I-485. My online case tracker still states that they send an RFE for initial evidence on November 27th, and despite sending in that evidence via USPS tracked/ signed for mail, my case still hasn't been updated.

I called USCIS yesterday to try and see why my case status hasn't been updated after I sent the RFE over two months ago. Same as when I called previously, they say they can't tell me if the RFE has been received but that my case is still within the normal processing time frame. I expressed my concern that as no-one seems to know if the RFE has actually ended up in my file, how do I know anything has happened or will happen? The agent was apologetic, and then said that with my address being Bradenton, FL, then the Tampa office would be dealing with my case and that they are currently working on July 2015 cases. Thus my case is not currently outside the normal processing times. I did explain that no-one even knows if my case has even been transferred to Tampa and could still be sitting in the Chicago Lock Box. Same reply, just sit tight and wait.

I am very frustrated, because if my case status had at least updated to RFE received, then I'd know SOMETHING was happening. With it still stating that they sent an RFE on the 27th November and won't begin working on my case until they receive it, it makes me think NOTHING is happening and the next thing I'll hear is that I didn't submit my RFE within the specified time frame and they'll cancel my AOS application as a result.

Anyone else replied to an RFE and not had their case updated to show it was received on the online case tracker?

From what I see from your timeline in your signature, I think your case is moving along and has been sent to your local office because you have received you EAD card. You wouldn't have received your EAD card if they haven't looked through your response for I-864.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Received my PR card today after my interview on Feb 25th. :)

**AOS** from H1B Visa

11/17/2015 - AOS Package[ I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131] sent by USPS express to USICS Chicago PO Box[ Finally!! ]

11/18/2015 Delivered and Signed by R Mercado.

11/24/2015​ - Received 4 texts/mails stating "Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing" with different MSC receipt numbers

11/25/2015 - Checks $420/$1070 cashed

12/21/2015 - Biometrics taken - early walk-in at 10:45 for 11 done by 11:10 AM.

01/22/2015 - I-485 status updated with " Interview has been scheduled "

​02/18/2015 - Received EAD card and few days before approval notice [ I-797 ] for I-765

​02/25/2015 12:45 PM ET - Petition approved. :dancing:

11/25/2015 + -> Reminder to work on removing condition.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Still haven't heard anything about my AOS, no RFEs or anything either. I don't even know if they have sent it to my local office or not. I guess I'll just have to wait!

4/21/2016 - Got green card! :) No immigration worries til 2018!

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

This has probably been asked and answered but I haven't been around much during this process.

My son's (7) I765 had its first update since filing and updated to new card being produced today and my I765 also had its first update since filing yesterday and updated to case approved.

Is his now one step ahead of mine, or is it basically the same stage?

We seem to have been in similar positions throughout the whole process...

My case status did update to say they had received the RFE response at least, but nothing since December 31st. I would be in exactly the same mindset had mine not updated too. The only thing I can think of is to submit a service request on the USCIS website - they might at least confirm they received your RFE response in their letter back telling you that the case is still in their processing times. Maybe - just a thought.

Naturalization Timeline

N-400 app submitted/received: August 22, 2020

Biometric reuse notification: October 22, 2020

Interview Scheduled: November 5, 2020

Interview Date: December 7, 2020 - SUCCESS!

Oath Ceremony mistakenly scheduled (then descheduled!): December 8, 2020

Oath Ceremony Scheduled: December 9, 2020

Scheduled Oath Ceremony: January 8, 2021

ROC Timeline

I-797/NOA 1: January 12, 2018

Biometrics appointment: February 22, 2018

18-month I-797: August 10 2018

AOS Timeline

NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765: November 9, 2015

Biometrics appointment: December 2, 2015

RFE for I-485: December 3, 2015

EAD card and approval notice received: February 16, 2016

2-year conditional Green Card received: March 26, 2016

K-1 Timeline
NOA 1: December 8, 2014
NOA 2: June, 2015

Packet 3 received: July, 2015
Medical: August 12, 2015
Packet 4 received: September 23, 2015
Interview: September 25, 2015
Visa received: October 2, 2015

We seem to have been in similar positions throughout the whole process...

My case status did update to say they had received the RFE response at least, but nothing since December 31st. I would be in exactly the same mindset had mine not updated too. The only thing I can think of is to submit a service request on the USCIS website - they might at least confirm they received your RFE response in their letter back telling you that the case is still in their processing times. Maybe - just a thought.

Yes, I have tried submitting a service request (Case Inquiry) numerous times via the USCIS website. Each time it comes back as "Case is within normal processing times" and no further action can be taken at present. I have also called USCIS numerous times and get told the same thing, but they also cannot confirm that they have received the RFE because they "Don't have access to that information".

My only glimmer of hope is that the RFE stated that the response had to be received within 87 days from the date of the RFE. As those 87 days have now passed and I've not received any communication/ email/ text that they DIDN'T receive it on time (I would assume my AOS would be cancelled if they didn't receive it within 87 days), then perhaps I am still in the system and someone simply hasn't updated my case online.

When I spoke to the officer on the phone, he said my local office would be Tampa, though he couldn't confirm whether my case had actually been transferred there or not. If it had, then Tampa is currently processing cases up to July 2015, and as mine is November then that would explain "still within normal processing times".

I guess not much I can do other than to continue waiting and hoping for an update. Frustrating.

Edited by ChasUno

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Received the fabled "Welcome to America" letter on Saturday :)

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? California Service Center on 2014-10-30

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-10-11

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-10-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-13

NVC Received : 2014-11-20

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :

NVC Left : 2014-12-03

Consulate Received : 2014-12-12

Packet 3 Received : 2014-12-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2015-02-04

Packet 4 Received : 2015-02-13

Interview Date : 2015-03-09 icon13.gifSubmit Review

Interview Result : Approved

AOS

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2015-11-18

NOA Date : 2015-11-27

RFE(s) : 2015-12-28

Bio. Appt. : 2015-12-14

Ead approval ; 2016-02-22

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date : 2016-03-01

Approved : Yes

Hello All,

Just received a text message this morning that my i485 case has been updated and it now shows "New Card is Being Produced". Does this mean my i485 has been approved and interview has been waived?

Thanks,

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All,

Just received a text message this morning that my i485 case has been updated and it now shows "New Card is Being Produced". Does this mean my i485 has been approved and interview has been waived?

Thanks,

wahoo congrats!!!! yes you will get the card:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.