ZaakirahM

Gambia / Senegal Interview Experiences

268 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Okay thanks I'll try do that. Does the consulate usually issue interview dates for "fiance visa" or you can book an interview one u do the payment.? Also what forms do joint sponsors have to fill for the k1 visa if you know..? Thanks once again. Appreciated ?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/22/2016 at 11:32 PM, momov31 said:

Hi all waiting on an interview date, did you setup an account to pay your fee? I ask because we setup an account, paid the fee at a bank in Senegal and then set a interview date. You can go to the embassy info page to check it out. I hope this helps. Be blessed

Hi Momov31,

I assume you're applying for k1 visa. If so any updates if you don't mind. I am currently waiting on my interview next week. I'll appreciate any tips or ideas. 

Thanks in advance 

2 hours ago, Gee S said:

Hi Momov31,

I assume you're applying for k1 visa. If so any updates if you don't mind. I am currently waiting on my interview next week. I'll appreciate any tips or ideas. 

Thanks in advance 

Hi Gee S., you can look at our timeline to follow our progress and any questions I would be more than happy to help. What I can say is be overly prepared and also be prepared to be put on AP as that seems to be their thing at this embassy. Just go over interview questions others have posted and be confident in your answers to the CO. I pray all goes well, be blessed. 

https://youtu.be/rHQuMoJ3Xrk

Lifting Conditions

Date Filed : 2018-09-12
NOA Date : 2018-09-18

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/30/2016 at 7:31 PM, momov31 said:

Hi Gee S., you can look at our timeline to follow our progress and any questions I would be more than happy to help. What I can say is be overly prepared and also be prepared to be put on AP as that seems to be their thing at this embassy. Just go over interview questions others have posted and be confident in your answers to the CO. I pray all goes well, be blessed. 

Momov31 

Thanks for the help.. Went for the interview but my medical wasn't ready in time for the interview but it went well. The doctors office advised me to go ahead with the interview and collect the results right after the interview as that's the time the doctor will be in to seal the documents I collected from the other test locations. I was handed a 221g with only the medical field circled and asked to bring it on Wednesday at 9. I collected the results and will take it on Wednesday. She said it usually takes a week or a week and a half to get it processed after getting all the documents. Don't know what that means but anyway.. 

Edited by Gee S

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

We just got the final case complete from NVC on Tuesday. Spoke with the representative and the case in queue for interview scheduling. It was surprising to hear you are given interviews in the order of case completion. So am blind as to when it will be scheduled. Actually after reading through most posts, it sounds like there is a chance it could actually roll until June for scheduling if other cases are fill the slots. This entire process is frustrating start to finish.  My plan was to go back and accompany him at the interview but I am not planning a vacation back until mid/end of June. Beyond frustrating. Maybe by some stroke of luck the interview will line up with  my planned vacation scheduled.

However, besides the waiting I will say everything has gone very smooth.

Timeline
On 4/20/2017 at 10:39 AM, cirenebrown said:

We just got the final case complete from NVC on Tuesday. Spoke with the representative and the case in queue for interview scheduling. It was surprising to hear you are given interviews in the order of case completion. So am blind as to when it will be scheduled. Actually after reading through most posts, it sounds like there is a chance it could actually roll until June for scheduling if other cases are fill the slots. This entire process is frustrating start to finish.  My plan was to go back and accompany him at the interview but I am not planning a vacation back until mid/end of June. Beyond frustrating. Maybe by some stroke of luck the interview will line up with  my planned vacation scheduled.

Patience is everything in this process.. Don't worry too much about how long it will take before you get the interview, be more concerned about getting everything you need in place before the interview. It sometimes take time as soo many people apply depending on which embassy you're applying.. You don't need to be there as I went alone. Just make sure he knows all the necessary details of the process and he should be good to go. Once again concentrate on getting it right and think less of the time. You'll be fine. Good luck 

On 4/20/2017 at 10:39 AM, cirenebrown said:

We are on the same boat, waiting for an interview as well case was complete April 11. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.