ZaakirahM

Gambia / Senegal Interview Experiences

268 posts in this topic

Congrats !!! Just in time for the baby

Thank You very much an good luck to you all. Yes she is getting big and she will so need her dad to be here.

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: Senegal, Dakar

March 30, 2015: Married in Gambia

June 30, 2015: I-130 Sent

July 7, 2015: email & text I-130 NOA1 (electronic)

July 27, 2015: USPS mail I-130 NOA1 (hardcopy)

July 23, 2015: I-130 Approved NOA2 (electronic no email checked status via USCIS.gov)

July 27, 2015: USPS mail I-130 Approved NOA2 (hardcopy)

July 28, 2015: NVC received my case from USCIS (NVC Agent)

August 17, 2015: NVC Assigned my Case (Called in and the NVC Agent provided it to me over the Phone, also updated Phone and Email and assigned Agent.)

August 17, 2015: Completed DS-261 Agent Choice

August 17, 2015: AOS Bill

August 17, 2015: Paid AOS Bill Online

August 17, 2015: Received AOS Cover Page

August 20, 2015: Received IV Bill

August 20, 2015: Paid IV Bill

September 5, 2015: NVC Received Doc (30 Day Wait Begins)

October 5, 2015: Received a Checklist Email (Missed tax documents which I know I sent)

October 9, 2015: NVC Received Checklist and missing tax forms (Round 2 of 30 Day Wait Begins)

October 21, 2015: Called NVC to check status and to ensure the forms had been received; spoke with the rudest person I even have encountered demanded a Supervisor Call back

November 9, 2015: Case Complete from the NVC (Received a direct call from the Supervisor &Appointment date)

November 11, 2015: Received email with Appointment Date and instructions

December 11, 2015: Biometric Screening and Vaccinations Complete with Sealed Envelope

December 15, 2015: Interview placed on Administrative Processing didn’t have enough evidence of relationship and original marriage license.

January 3, 2016: Submitted original marriage license, 600 pages of Viber messages was advised that they would call him and gave him a white 221g Administrative Processing

September 1, 2016: Embassy called him directly and advised him to come in any Wednesday

September 8,2016: Arrived at the Embassy they requested a 2ndBiometric Examination

September 28,2016: Arrived at Embassy with 2nd Biometric Examination Complete with Sealed Envelope received a green ticket and advised to return on next Thursday. (8 day wait begins)

October 6, 2016: Visa APPROVED and in HAND

October 6,2016: USCIS Immigrant Fee (Green Card Fee) Billed

October 6,2016: USCIS Immigrant Fee (Green Card Fee) Paid

October 6,2016: Airline Ticket Purchased expected arrival for October 11,2016 Insha’Allah

AKqjm5.png

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I knew no other way than this, where 'I' does not exist, nor 'you'. So close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Thank You very much an good luck to you all. Yes she is getting big and she will so need her dad to be here.

So happy for you. You had such a long journey. Congratulations again on the Visa approval and the baby's arrival. Both are such a blessing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hi guys. Can you guys assist with a few questions for k1 visa. I jus want to know the process from when your case is approved to the time of interview in dakar.

1. Do they post you the package 3 and 4 or do they email them to you instead.?

2. Also do you schedule your own interview for k1 or they call you for the interview.?

3. Do you also have to provide tax returns and w2 form for the previous 3 years or just the most recent one.?

4. How many month's of pay stubs should you provide?

Thank you all in advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hey,

1) Everything will be through email. You will need to download the Affidavit of Support EZ (EZ is the easiest one to fill out)

2) Call NVC they will let you ( you might wanna call eaely around 0830am, as they tend to put you on hold like forever if you call later time)

3) you will have to provide tax return.!! If you submit W2, you will get a "check list". You do not want a "check list" because you will have to wait another 30days after you submit whatever document they need from you.

4) No NEED to Submit PAysub as long as you submit your tax return: Just the most recent one, which would be 2015. NO need to submit 3 previous years.

Nvc WILL NOT look at you paysubs.

I submited tones of paysubs and they still asked me for Tax return. I had to go file my taxes the same day i received the "check list" email. I was lucky to be able to reponds to the check list the very next day.

Timeline

Hey,

1) Everything will be through email. You will need to download the Affidavit of Support EZ (EZ is the easiest one to fill out)

2) Call NVC they will let you ( you might wanna call eaely around 0830am, as they tend to put you on hold like forever if you call later time)

3) you will have to provide tax return.!! If you submit W2, you will get a "check list". You do not want a "check list" because you will have to wait another 30days after you submit whatever document they need from you.

4) No NEED to Submit PAysub as long as you submit your tax return: Just the most recent one, which would be 2015. NO need to submit 3 previous years.

I submited tones of paysubs and they still asked me for Tax return. I had to go file my taxes the same day i received the "check list" email. I was lucky to be able to reponds to the check list the very next day.

Timeline

Hey,

Thank you very much for all the valuable information.. It's well appreciated.. I have another question if you don't mind.

1) My fiancée unknowingly stated my country for question 36a & b on the i129f form instead of Senegal where all k1 visas are processed for my country of birth. Should I assume that the NVC will Send it to Senegal instead of the country listed on the form as k1 visas are not processed here.

Timeline

If your case has been approved already by USCIS, I would not worry much about which country was stated on the i129f. NVC should automatically knows where each case will be process at.

If your case has been approved already by USCIS, I would not worry much about which country was stated on the i129f. NVC should automatically knows where each case will be process at.

Timeline

Sure will keep you guys updated.. Thanks. And how soon Can we contact the nvc. Or can we just wait to hear from them instead. Thanks once again

Sure will keep you guys updated.. Thanks. And how soon Can we contact the nvc. Or can we just wait to hear from them instead. Thanks once again

Timeline

You might want to start calling about a week after your case was approved to check if NVC have received your case. It will take Nvc a week to Assign you a CASE#.

Then you can sign up for the "choice of agent"/DS261, which would most like be you, the petitioner.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.