Gala174

The US Embassy in Morocco

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

I didn't get any notification from the US embassy in Moroccoand my fiancee got a letter on 8th in Septemer that our case has been approved and that the NVC will now forward the petition to the US embassy in Morocco in Casablanca , they stated that the US embassy will contact me when they are ready to process my petition :

they said also to go to their website http://nvc.state.gov/k1to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the interview :

- so I went to the link above and I filling out the DS-160 application online .

- I got the the confirmation page of the DS-160 application

I was wondering how to pay the fees of the DS-160 application

I went to website of the US embassy in Morocco and they referred me to this website : http://ustraveldocs.com/

I selected Morocco and the website gave me options , I selected the payment for my visa fee this is the website ; http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ma/ma-niv-paymentinfo.asp

in that website there is intructions about paying the visa fee which say to create a profile in this website : https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Morocco

I created a profile with email and password , I updated my profile too , I didn't find K1 option in the both IV registration (immigrant VISA) and the non-immigrant visa .

I selected the CRI1 visa ( Conditional spouse of US citizen) in the immigrant visa to get the payement page to take it with me to the bank to pay the fees to schedule an appoitment but I didn't get the payment page at all .

So I don't know if the US embassy in Casablanca will send me a letter nor I know how to pay the fees for DS-160 or K1 visa .

Edited by Gala174

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you submitted an I-129F then it is for the K visa, not the CR1.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

If you submitted an I-129F then it is for the K visa, not the CR1.

thank you for replying back

Yeah I got the approval of I-129f and it's for the K1 visa but there is no option for K1 on this website https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Morocco

to sechdule an appoitment and pay the fee

Timeline

K1 visa is paid day of interview at the consular in Casablanca . You get your packet by emailing the embassy . K1 is non immigrant yet also immigrant .

You do not schedule the interview the consular does that they will email you the packet 3 which includes interview letter medical information and also list of documents you need day of interview

Timeline

For k1 visa only time you are using the untraveldoc website is after your interview when your approved and that's only if you will be receiving your visa and passport via the aramex company other than that k1 does not need to use this website and you will be instructed the day of interview if you will need it . For me we were told not to register online with this ustraveldocs because we would be picking nour passport up at consular

You print out the confirmation page for ds160 and you bring it with you day of interview when scheduled

Timeline

awww thank you so much , I didn't get yet the packet of the letter and the instructions from US embassy in Morocco , it's almsot 2 months since my fiancee recieved the letter which stated that the NVC will now forward the petition to the US embassy in Morocco in Casablanca .

So I will wait for 2 weeks to get the packet otherwise I will call them or contact them

Timeline

Oh if you got the letter in September I would email them the email is ivcasablanca you can check on the consular information to get the exact adress . Email them with your case number in subject saying k1 visa . And just let them no what should be your next steps as you have all the required documents . For me I got my case number August 24 emailed the embassy a few times until September 16 they emailed me with the packet 3 and our interview was scheduled for October 14 . And today we finally got to pick up the passport at visa at the consular

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

K1 visa goes through immigrant visa department they only answer or take calls from 2-4 ties and Thursday's . Sometime you have to call 10 times as there on another call or away from phone . The direct line to immigrant visa office extension number is 4101 . And this is calling the moroccon consular number

Timeline

I believe if your calling from USA dial 0112120522-26-45-50 try it like that or like this 0522-26-45-50 011212522264550 . They called me a few times and the number showed up like this +212522264550 . But call Thursday right at 2 sometimes you won't get through until 3 . Moroccon time of course

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.