usernamebilly

I-751 November 2015 Filers

522 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Clearly a lot of data, and not sure how you're going to submit it, but there's probably some prioritization in this that might be required:

1. Stuff USCIS thinks is bonafide evidence that shows credibility (examples below)

2. 2ndary evidence that shows a paper trail

3. Tertiary evidence aka "Filler", "Other stuff you had lying around that MIGHT help" and "Why are they wasting our time submitting this" (examples below)

There's some big "heavy hitting" stuff there, assuming you filed as "married filing jointly" on your taxes, or wills that show each other as primary beneficiary, etc. Please, for the love of all things holy, think about whether a facebook conversation printed off the internet is really necessary...or a copy of your Costco card bill when you're also submitting JOINT account statements for a checking account.

Ultimately if it gives you peace of mind, by all means include it, but I'm not sure a copy of your passports is going to help at this stage.

Provided that you've included documents that show a) you live together, b) you pay for stuff together, c) you cover each other for insurance and d) if one person dies, the other gets everything, then you've basically got it covered.

Oh, and kids too, but that's really going to depend on timelines and circumstances (opening joint bank accounts is a lot easier than thinking having a kid when you're near retirement to show a bonafide marriage).

I've just had to go through this, and we have 18 different sources of documents totalling over 175 pages. There's a lot that can be added. I'm not sure you need a separate letter explaining bank transfers, but hey if it makes you feel better,have at it.

Hi everyone and good luck to all those in process. I'm so thankful for this forum and all the info you all have supplied. I'd have never known what a tax transcript was without y'all. I’m the US citizen in our marriage. We are about to submit our I-751 with supporting evidence and would like some opinions on our submission plan. Here is what we plan to submit:

- I-751 app

- Copy of front/back of green card, drivers’ licenses for us both, passport for us both, marriage license

- 2 years of statements from our joint checking account with copies of all checks written

- copies of 2013 and 2014 tax transcripts plus w-2's

- 2 years worth of pay stubs for each of us (shows address)

- 2 years worth of retirement statements for each of us (is this addressed to both of you?), plus 2 years of statements from my deferred compensation plan (like a 401k but for public employees) (shows address and beneficiary info)

- one greeting card for marriage congrats and two each for Christmas 2013 and 2014 addressed to us both

- copies of all electric bills for 2 years with both our names(shows address)

- copy of wills for both of us including interment instructions notarized

- copy of car registrations (shows address)

- copies of Costco cards and bill with both names

- copies of 2013 and 2014 homestead exemption mailings with both names

- copies of each of our credit cards from a department store with same account number each with our name (no statement b/c we haven’t used it)

- screen prints of my spouse's benefit selection from this year where we applied for life insurance effective Jan 2016

- copy of a Facebook conversation I had with my spouse's mom about welcoming me to the family

- copy of travel health insurance which covered us both

- screen prints of our travel confirmations for 4 different trips since 2013 (shows both names)

- screen prints and bill for our car insurance that covers both our cars

- AT&T bill with both our names and cell phones

- email from BBB and letter from Social Security with spouse's name and address noted

- copy of document where I donated half the house to my spouse

- various pictures since 2013 including travel photos and some with family

Questions: How does this look so far?

We each have our own separate checking accounts and then one joint account. Our mortgage and a couple of other bills are paid from our joint account. The other bills are paid using my personal account. My spouse transfers his portion of the bills to our joint account. I plan on explaining this in a separate letter I’ll send with the other evidence. Should I include statements from my spouse’s account showing his deposits to our joint account or should it be enough to include only one statement with his account number noted? The joint account only shows a portion of his account number on the lines where the transfer occurs. Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree with Tittysprinkles, it's a lot of information, which means it's a big package, which could mean that they selectively look at your information, so for example, i only submitted the most current month's bank statement. In lieu of Passports I showed tickets for three trips that we took as a family, i see you have those also and i think that would be good, The USCIS should have copies of your passport from the AOS process so I wouldn't send that. I think if you have the IRS tax transcript, joint lease/mortgage, health insurance and life insurance, and your drivers license showing that you both have the same address is fine. I would agree to not send the FB transcript, but that's your choice.

One thing I didn't see any affidavits, maybe that's the one thing I would add.

All the best of luck

Clearly a lot of data, and not sure how you're going to submit it, but there's probably some prioritization in this that might be required:

1. Stuff USCIS thinks is bonafide evidence that shows credibility (examples below)

2. 2ndary evidence that shows a paper trail

3. Tertiary evidence aka "Filler", "Other stuff you had lying around that MIGHT help" and "Why are they wasting our time submitting this" (examples below)

There's some big "heavy hitting" stuff there, assuming you filed as "married filing jointly" on your taxes, or wills that show each other as primary beneficiary, etc. Please, for the love of all things holy, think about whether a facebook conversation printed off the internet is really necessary...or a copy of your Costco card bill when you're also submitting JOINT account statements for a checking account.

Ultimately if it gives you peace of mind, by all means include it, but I'm not sure a copy of your passports is going to help at this stage.

Provided that you've included documents that show a) you live together, b) you pay for stuff together, c) you cover each other for insurance and d) if one person dies, the other gets everything, then you've basically got it covered.

Oh, and kids too, but that's really going to depend on timelines and circumstances (opening joint bank accounts is a lot easier than thinking having a kid when you're near retirement to show a bonafide marriage).

I've just had to go through this, and we have 18 different sources of documents totalling over 175 pages. There's a lot that can be added. I'm not sure you need a separate letter explaining bank transfers, but hey if it makes you feel better,have at it.

AOS through Marriage Journey

10/25/2013: Civil Marriage
10/31/2013 [Day 00]: I-130; I-485; I-693; I-765; I-864 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox, via UPS next day
11/01/2013 [Day 01]: Packet arrives at Chicago Lockbox, notified via UPS Tracking
11/05/2013 [Day 05]: EMail and Texts notifying receipt of documents, NOA1
11/09/2013 [Day 09]: NOA1 Hard copies came in the mail
11/12/2013[Day 12]: Letter arrived via USPS confirming Biometrics Appointment for 12/2/2013
11/18/2013[Day 18]: Successful Biometrics walk in at the Jacksonville USCIS office
11/25/2013[Day 25]: Email and Text confirmation that my status on my I-485 application changed to testing and interview
01/08/2014[Day 68]: Email and Text stating that I-765 changed to "Card/Document Production"
01/16/2014[Day 76]: Received EAD Card
02/05/2014[Day 96]: I-485 Interview Date (rescheduled) Approved on the Spot!!
02/05/2014[Day 96]:Email and Text stating that my I-130 approved, that my green card has been approved
02/12/2014[Day 103]:Received Green Card in the mail

ROC I-751 Journey

11/06/2015 [Day 0]: Mailed I-751 Packet to VSC via USPS Priority Mail
11/10/2015 [Day 1]: NOA1 Receipt date
11/13/2015 [Day 4]: Check cashed
11/16/2015 [Day 7]: NOA1 Hard copies came in the mail

11/22/2016 [Day 378]: Email from USCIS that my card went into production, YA!!! :dancing:

N-400 Citizenship Journey

11/05/2016 [Day 0]: Mailed N-400 Packet to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail
11/07/2016 [Day 0]: 1st day of the 90 days, N-400 eligibility based on the married to a US Citizen for 3 years rule

11/08/2016 [Day 1]: Package delivered to the Dallas Lockbox by USPS Priority Mail, confirmed via tracking
11/10/2016 [Day 3]: Pending Fee to USCIS for $680 on my Credit Card

11/15/2016 [Day 8]: Email/Text confirmation that my case was received

11/19/2016 [Day 12]: Hard Copy came in the mail

11/25/2016 [Day 18]: Biometric Appointment for Dec 6th came in the mail

07/01/2017: Moved to Atlanta

02/14/2018: Naturalization Interview (Decision can't be made)

09/05/2018: Case update that my oath ceremony was scheduled

09/24/2018: Oath Ceremony, I'm a US citizen!!

Timeline

California Service Center (6 applicants, 0 approved - 0%)

VJName..............Date of I-751...NOA1 Date....Biometrics.....Approved
LISEL N JAVIER........10/28/15......11/03/15......--/--/15......--/--/--

DAVEYKINS.............10/31/15......--/--/15......--/--/15......--/--/--
WITHGODSHELP..........10/31/15......11/02/15......--/--/15......--/--/--(Divorce waiver)
KUMI AND DRAKE........11/03/15......11/05/15......--/--/15......--/--/--
PANDA1................11/07/15......11/09/15......--/--/15......--/--/--

XXJULZXX..............11/14/15......--/--/15......--/--/15......--/--/--
TITTYSPRINKLES........11/16/15......--/--/15......--/--/15......--/--/--

Vermont Service Center (3 applicants, 0 approved - 0%)

DANNYPHAN91...........10/29/15......11/03/15......--/--/15......--/--/--
JAMAICAN_GOONER.......11/06/15......--/--/15......--/--/15......--/--/--
XTRASOME..............11/10/15......--/--/15......--/--/15......--/--/--

IMPORTANT!

* Make sure that your VJ Text Editor setting is set to Rich Text Editor.
* Go to the MOST RECENTLY POSTED VERSION of this list (go to the last post and scroll UP) and "Reply" to it, deleting the "quote" tags in your reply.
* Please DO NOT change the font, font size, add colors, stuff like that.
* Please PREVIEW before posting to make sure it is properly formatted.
* Please check that you have not deleted anyone's NAME & DATA.

Date of I-751 = The Date you sent your application.
NOA Date = The Receipt Date on your original NOA letter.
Biometrics = The Date of your biometrics appointment.
Approved = The Date your case was approved.

* Please Capitalize your VJ Name when adding it to the list.
* When you're on this list, please come back to update your information accordingly.
* If you cannot add your information yourself, please ask another VJ member to help you do so.

Timeline

Sent the application to the California CS today, with the following evidence in addition to the standard documents for the application. The biggest pain was the 2-hole punching, ACCO fastening and bottom-tabbing the ever-living ####### out of it to make it easier for the USCIS folks to go through it.

1. A copy of the birth certificate of our child, <Child’s Name>
  2. A copy of our 2013 and 2014 federal tax transcript showing filing status as “Married Filing Jointly”.
  3. A copy of the Warranty Deed on our primary place of residence
  4. A copy of our property tax statements in 2014 and 2015
  5. A copy of our joint mortgage statements from <Mortgage Company> from December 2013 through October 2015.
  6. A copy of <Bank> statements for <Conditional Resident’s Name> and <Petitioning Spouse’s Name>, showing a joint checking account, and joint financial obligations and responsibility, during the period of October 2014 through October 2015.
  7. A copy of <Credit Card Company>’s credit card statements for <Conditional Resident’s Name> and <Petitioning Spouse’s Name>, showing a joint account, and joint financial obligations and responsibility, during the period of April 2015 through October 2015.
  8. A copy of our <Another Credit Card Company> credit card showing authorized users as <Petitioning Spouse’s Name> and <Conditional Resident’s Name>.
  9. A copy of <Insurance Company> automobile insurance cards and statements showing a joint automobile insurance policy over the course of the marriage from November 2013 through November 2015.
  10. A copy of <Car Company> statements showing joint financial obligations and responsibility, during the period of June 2015 through October 2015.
  11. A copy of documents from <Conditional Resident’s Name>'s 401k account from his previous employer <Previous Employer> showing the designation of beneficiary status to <Petitioning Spouse’s Name> and public identification as a married couple.
  12. A copy of documents from <Conditional Resident’s Name>'s Canadian Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) account with <Investment Company>, showing the designation of beneficiary status to <Petitioning Spouse’s Name> and public identification as a married couple.
  13. A copy of documents from <Petitioning Spouse’s Name>’s <Investment Company>’s IRA Accounts, showing the designation of beneficiary status to <Conditional Resident’s Name>'s and public identification as a married couple.
  14. A copy of <Insurance Company>’s dental insurance documents from <Petitioning Spouse’s Name>’s employer, <Employer name>, showing coverage for <Conditional Resident’s Name> over the course of the marriage, and public identification as a married couple.
  15. A copy of <Medical Insurance Company>’s medical insurance documents from <Conditional Resident’s Name>’s employer, <Employer Name>, showing coverage for <Child’s Name>, and public identification as a dependent child.
  16. Photocopies of driver licenses of <Conditional Resident’s Name> and <Petitioning Spouse’s Name>, showing a shared address over the course of the marriage.
  17. Envelopes addressed to both of us, showing shared residence, and public identification as a married couple, over the course of the marriage.
  18. Photos of us at various events, over the course of the marriage.

I'm glad everything is available electronically these days. Keeping hard copies is a huge pain in the butt when it comes to assembling, but with the glorious powers of Adobe Acrobat, a LOT of PDF files, and a printer, it was done over the course of a weekend.

Yes, we know adding PoA and Wills are important, but we're just re-doing all that now in creating a Trust to avoid probate (Our kid will technically be a trust-fund baby if we kick it!), but I wasnt going to hold up an application for that!

Thanks for the input. I sincerely appreciate it. This really is quite a bit of info and I was unsure if I had missed anything. While I am using the philisophy of throwing everything at them but the kitchen sink, I don't want to annoy them with items that really don't matter, especially since it's a pretty big stack. So, I may remove some of the items you mentioned. We aren't including affidavits since we already have so much stuff. We certainly would look to include those if we get an RFE. As far as how I'm going to put all of this together, I'm not quite as organized as Tittysprinkles. I am using paper clips to hold together each of the bullet points I listed and I have a giant sticky note on each section to say what it is. Then I'll have one cover letter to kind of summarize everything.

My concern with the joint account is that I want to make sure it shows we are both paying the bills. I wasn't sure if just having both our names on the account was good enough, or if they wanted me to show that both I and my spouse were depositing money into this account. I'm leaning towards just sending the monthly statements and not addressing deposits so as not to make it overly complicated.

I'm guessing it won't be cheap to mail. But I'm so excited to get this process started.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Reformatted and corrected CSC applicant #!!

California Service Center (7 applicants, 0 approved - 0%)

WITHGODSHELP..........10/31/15......11/02/15......--/--/15......--/--/--(Divorce waiver)

JAMAICAN_GOONER.......11/06/15......--/--/15......--/--/15......--/--/--

IMPORTANT!

* Go to the MOST RECENTLY POSTED VERSION of this list (go to the last post and scroll UP) and "Reply" to it, deleting the "quote" tags in your reply.

* When you're on this list, please come back to update your information accordingly.
* If you cannot add your information yourself, please ask another VJ member to help you do so.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I received my I-751 Receipt Notice in the mail today, the receipt date is 11/10/2015, Can someone update that please??

AOS through Marriage Journey

10/25/2013: Civil Marriage
10/31/2013 [Day 00]: I-130; I-485; I-693; I-765; I-864 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox, via UPS next day
11/01/2013 [Day 01]: Packet arrives at Chicago Lockbox, notified via UPS Tracking
11/05/2013 [Day 05]: EMail and Texts notifying receipt of documents, NOA1
11/09/2013 [Day 09]: NOA1 Hard copies came in the mail
11/12/2013[Day 12]: Letter arrived via USPS confirming Biometrics Appointment for 12/2/2013
11/18/2013[Day 18]: Successful Biometrics walk in at the Jacksonville USCIS office
11/25/2013[Day 25]: Email and Text confirmation that my status on my I-485 application changed to testing and interview
01/08/2014[Day 68]: Email and Text stating that I-765 changed to "Card/Document Production"
01/16/2014[Day 76]: Received EAD Card
02/05/2014[Day 96]: I-485 Interview Date (rescheduled) Approved on the Spot!!
02/05/2014[Day 96]:Email and Text stating that my I-130 approved, that my green card has been approved
02/12/2014[Day 103]:Received Green Card in the mail

ROC I-751 Journey

11/06/2015 [Day 0]: Mailed I-751 Packet to VSC via USPS Priority Mail
11/10/2015 [Day 1]: NOA1 Receipt date
11/13/2015 [Day 4]: Check cashed
11/16/2015 [Day 7]: NOA1 Hard copies came in the mail

11/22/2016 [Day 378]: Email from USCIS that my card went into production, YA!!! :dancing:

N-400 Citizenship Journey

11/05/2016 [Day 0]: Mailed N-400 Packet to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail
11/07/2016 [Day 0]: 1st day of the 90 days, N-400 eligibility based on the married to a US Citizen for 3 years rule

11/08/2016 [Day 1]: Package delivered to the Dallas Lockbox by USPS Priority Mail, confirmed via tracking
11/10/2016 [Day 3]: Pending Fee to USCIS for $680 on my Credit Card

11/15/2016 [Day 8]: Email/Text confirmation that my case was received

11/19/2016 [Day 12]: Hard Copy came in the mail

11/25/2016 [Day 18]: Biometric Appointment for Dec 6th came in the mail

07/01/2017: Moved to Atlanta

02/14/2018: Naturalization Interview (Decision can't be made)

09/05/2018: Case update that my oath ceremony was scheduled

09/24/2018: Oath Ceremony, I'm a US citizen!!

Timeline

Jamaican_Gooner's info updated!

California Service Center (7 applicants, 0 approved - 0%)

JAMAICAN_GOONER.......11/06/15......11/10/15......--/--/15......--/--/--

IMPORTANT!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Adding us in.. no NOA1 yet =/

California Service Center (8 applicants, 0 approved - 0%)

ROSEJAMES.............11/07/15......--/--/15......--/--/15......--/--/--

IMPORTANT!

Adding us in.. no NOA1 yet =/

Don't fret too much - can take up to 30 days to receive it. The average from what I've seen and experienced is two weeks.

Be prepared for the eternal waiting game. Be prepared for average news.

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

07/16/2013 - Successful interview, 2-yr Green Card approved!

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

11/03/2015 - Approved, card production ordered (164 days!)

11/10/2015 - 10-yr Green Card received (IR6) -- journey over for now!

Citizenship Journey (N-400)

Spoiler

07/15/2019 - Ceremony scheduled for 07/31/2019
07/31/2019 - Journey is finally over. Citizen of the USA.

Timeline

CaliOC2013 added to CSC!

California Service Center (9 applicants, 0 approved - 0%)

ROSEJAMES.............11/07/15......--/--/15......--/--/15......--/--/--

CALIOC2013............11/12/15......11/--/15......--/--/15......--/--/--

IMPORTANT!

Hi! Can someone add me pls?! Sent my I-751 on 11/12/2015. Got my NOA today in the mail. California.

What is the receipt notice date printed on you NOA? Thanks.

Timeline

It is 11/12/2015. Thank you :)

So you mailed you application on 11/12 and got your NOA today dated 11/12 as well? I am trying to clarify the dates! Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.