IandI

Rapid visa scam?

24 posts in this topic

I am currently using them, and they have been 100%. Not a scam at all. For the small fee I paid it has been well worth it for there help. Especially when I had questions that were out of the ordinary. They have stood behind me all the way, even going the extra mile in some cases.

Never used rapid visa but have experience of having to get a different birth certificate in order to meet uscis standards.

If I had sent in a copy of my original birth certificate it would have been rejected as it wasn't the version with my parents names in it, my original birth certificate is good enough for every legal requirement in my home country and other countries I have applied for a visa from but the US requires that it lists the names of your parents. Maybe they were advising you of a similar issue but explained it poorly. If I had sent in my original, and completely legitimate, birth certificate it would have been rejected as it doesn't meet uscis requirements.

Lots of people on this forum have been asked to send in information on the website they used if they met their partner online, they have been asked to explain what sort of website it is and if the website is an international marriage brokerage. Some of these websites are exceedingly well known such as match.com, yahooanswers.com etc. so this is not an odd request in the slightest.

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Nope, the instructions and advice from them are different. Each day you get different answers on what they need in the visa packages.

Nope. You're doing it wrong and they're helping you.

I just got a message from them stating that I have to prove to the uscis what google is, showing that its not a marriage site since me and my fiance met on Google. I called them after laughing at this then they said for me to get a notarized letter stating what google is.

No, this is a new rule. Anyone who met online now needs to prove that the website they're claiming isn't an international marriage broker site. No matter how foolish you may think it is to prove Google, just do it anyways.

They also said that a copy of my birth certificate is legit but not enough for the uscis. They also tried to say that my fiance signature wasn't real.

Have you ever heard of a certified copy? That is what they want. Your fiance's signature needs to be a 'wet' signature, and not just a copy. She must send the paper overseas.

They don't have a fixed rate. They have what is called premium review where they supposedly review it to make sure it looks good. So basically your application can just sit in that stage for weeks while you make payments.

It's a good thing you're using them because you seem to be making a lot of mistakes.

Total scam.

Edited by Shauna&Wael

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

People could meet on google+, they have hangout and communities there. so i heard.

It seems many have positive experiences w/ RV. Whats unclear is the odd nickel/diming the OP suggests of which only seems to make sense is RVs convenient installment plans. I haven't checked RVs fees but the visa service I used, also didn't provide shipping costs and such....they were upfront about that before and during. Regardless it seems very far from 'scam' territory without more substantive details. Everything thing they seemed to inhibit OP progress seems appropriate.

Lol, how do you meet someone on Google? Do you Google their name? I play, but in all seriousness, some countries require that, not Rapid Visa. I read on here someone had to do the same thing for Facebook I believe, and it came from the embassy not Rapid Visa... Also, making payments is something I think they offer.. There is a set price and I believe you can pay in installments. I'm sorry, I still don't see what they did wrong????? The birth certificate, they may need a full version of it with a seal. I dunno, something doesn't sound right. And I am sorry you are upset.

Edited by heo luoi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

People could meet on google+, they have hangout and communities there. so i heard.

It seems many have positive experiences w/ RV. Whats unclear is the odd nickel/diming the OP suggests of which only seems to make sense is RVs convenient installment plans. I haven't checked RVs fees but the visa service I used, also didn't provide shipping costs and such....they were upfront about that before and during. Regardless it seems very far from 'scam' territory without more substantive details. Everything thing they seemed to inhibit OP progress seems appropriate.

Yes, that's correct. If you have a gmail you're pretty much forced to set up Google+. Don't know how big the odds of meeting strangers there though but I guess it's possible. Good Hangout app with video calling etc.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I used rapid for my K1 visa and never had a problem with them. Sounds like they're just doing their job and want to make sure that you don't get an RFE. I think they want you to be more specific on how you met your partner on google say, on a chatroom or you googled her or whatever. And like everyone said, they have a set fee, they don't add charges. With the pictures, they're very precise on what kind of pics you need to send maybe the photos weren't good enough hence why they asked for more. Rapid was very helpful and whatever questions I had (day or night) even though some of them were stupid they gave me all the right answers and I know this because I didn't just rely on them I also used this forum and google searches etc. to double check and yes that's when I realized that I could've done it myself. Sorry you're upset but at least you know that they're double checking your documents before they get sent off. They're just following the USCIS requirements.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I used Rapid Visa for AOS, and it was money well spent. They make same amount no matter how long they hold on to your package. My only complaint was that they requested more documents on 3 separate occasions. My wish would have been to tell me all 3 at once so I could gather and Mail all at once instead of 3 different paid post ages on a few days longer wait

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I used Rapid Visa and I think they were very helpful on getting all the information I needed to file the paperwork even knows sometimes they said  needed this and  needed that but they're just being thorough to make sure free paperwork goes through smoothly

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread from 2015 is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.