dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2015

587 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

My IV fee is showing paid as well. Now both fees are showing as "paid" after one week of sending payment. Now I need to fill and submit the DS-260 form.

I have a question for the more seasoned VJ members:

I have all the supporting documents for my case, except for one police certificate. My husband needed to get 3 police certificates from 3 different countries and the one that gave us the most difficulty to obtain was the one from his native country (Egypt), I'm expecting to receive a copy of it next week after which I have to send for translation.

With that being said, should I wait for the missing police certificate before sending my AOS and IV packages? or should I go ahead and send everything I have and then send in the missing certificate later?

Any thoughts?

P.S. my husband does not live in Egypt which is why it was a little more difficult to figure things out...

Thanks much.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

My IV fee is showing paid as well. Now both fees are showing as "paid" after one week of sending payment. Now I need to fill and submit the DS-260 form.

I have all the supporting documents for my case, except for one police certificate. My husband needed to get 3 police certificates from 3 different countries and the one that gave us the most difficulty to obtain was the one from his native country (Egypt), I'm expecting to receive a copy of it next week after which I have to send for translation.

With that being said, should I wait for the missing police certificate before sending my AOS and IV packages? or should I go ahead and send everything I have and then send in the missing certificate later?

Any thoughts?

P.S. my husband does not live in Egypt which is why it was a little more difficult to figure things out...

Thanks much.

I would wait until you have everything and can send the complete package. You lessen the chances of something getting lost that way.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate :Belmopan

Marriage (if applicable): 2015-02-18

I-130 Sent : 2015-07-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2015-08-04

I-130 Approved : 2015-09-21 (48 Days)

NVC Received : 2015-10-08

Received Case # over the phone and received NVC Welcome letter via postal mail : 2015-10-26

Submitted DS-261 : 2015-10-26

Reviewed DS-261 with an agent on the phone, Paid AOS, and Mailed AOS and IV packages: 2015-11-18

AOS and IV Packages delivered, Per Fed Ex Tracking: 2015-11-19

Paid IV Fee: 2015-11-19

NVC Scan date (received email 2015-11-24) : 2015-11-19

AOS Fee shows paid, IV Fee still shows in process: 2015-11-23

IV Fee shows Paid, Submitted DS-260 : 2015-11-24

Case Complete at NVC : 2015-12-28

Interview Date : 2016-02-23 - APPROVED!

Medical Complete : 2016-01-18

POE: 2016-03-02 in Baltimore

R.O.C.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

I-751 Sent : 2018-01-26

I-751 Received: 2018-01-29

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Any thoughts?

Thanks much.

I feel for you, i know exactly how it feels, My husband had to get 4 police certificates and one certificate of non conviction. He started getting them back in april one month after we applied for the i-130. we received the final police certificate just 5 weeks ago. Luckily all four countries police certificate do not have an expiration date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Any thoughts?

Thanks much.

======================================

Wait to send complete packages. Avoid a checklist that would cost you more waiting time, money and agrivation.

CR-1 VISA

STAGE 1: USCIS

CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER US EMBASSY BOGOTA

09-08-2015 Express mailed my I-130 package to Chicago Lock-box.

09-11-2015 Received NOA1 via email with a PD of 09-09-2015

09-19-2015 Received I-797C via snail mail. (NOA1)

10-21-2015 My wife came to visit me on a B1/B2. No problems at POE Miami :P

11-04-2015 Received NOA2 via email. (56 days after NOA1)

11-08-2015 My wife ends visit and returns to Colombia to wait for interview :(

11-09-2015 Received I-797 via snail mail. (NOA2)

STAGE 2: NVC

11-16-2015 NVC received our case,(12 days after NOA2).

12-07-2015 Emailed inquiry to NVC to inform them my email. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/contact.html

12-08-2015 NVC assigned case and invoice ID number,(34 days after NOA2) Case was assigned after 13:00 PM. I called at 12:30 then at 19:00 PM

12-08-2015 Completed Choice of Agent DS-261

12-09-2015 Received 2 emails with Welcome Letters for my wife and I, they were sent by ASKnvc@state.gov

12-09-2015 AOS bill became available and I paid it. (IN PROCESS)

12-12-2015 Mailed AOS and IV packages.

12-14-2015 Received via email IV bill from ASKnvc@state.gov and paid the IV fee.

12-14-2015 AOS fee updated to PAID

12-15-2015 USPS tracking shows AOS/IV packages were delivered to NVC. Waiting for a SCAN date.

12-16-2015 IV fee updated to PAID and completed DS-260

12-19-2015 Scan Date (45 days after NOA2). I called on 01-13-16 and I was told my scan date is 12-15-15????

01-26-2016 Case complete. (83 days after NOA2)

01-29-2016 Called NVC, I was informed my CO Interview will be on 03-01-2016 at 08:00.

02-02-2016 Received Interview Letter (P4) via email.

02-09-2016 Package picked-up by DHL at 15:29 Waybill 5992952011. CEAC status "IN TRANSIT"

STAGE 3: US Embassy Bogota

02-11-2016 US Embassy Bogota received my package at 10:39.

02-12-2016 CEAC Visa Status changed from "IN TRANSIT" to "READY"

02-24-2016 Lab exams at the clinic and Bio-metrics at the CAS center.

02-25-2016 Medical Exams.

03-01-2016 Interview Date (175 days after I mailed I-130) VISA APPROVED. CEAC status changed to AP

03-02-2016 Paid Immigrant Visa Fee via ELIS account. CEAC status changed to ISSUED

03-03-2016 US Embassy Bogota sends Passport and Visa package via DHL Waybill 2900131780 to Cali.

03-04-2016 My wife picked up at DHL sealed approved IV package and her passport with a stamped I-551 IV Category CR1.

Timeline

I would wait until you have everything and can send the complete package. You lessen the chances of something getting lost that way.

Thanks for your response, I think the same way too, I guess just need a little bit reassurance :)

Timeline

I feel for you, i know exactly how it feels, My husband had to get 4 police certificates and one certificate of non conviction. He started getting them back in april one month after we applied for the i-130. we received the final police certificate just 5 weeks ago. Luckily all four countries police certificate do not have an expiration date.

I hear you! I didn't start before because I was afraid they would expire, little did I know that Egypt was going to be the hardest one to figure out, it was a combination of that and my husband being a little stubborn. Anyway, I guess I will just wait one more week to send all the documents together.

I'm a little curious: did you have to translate all police certificates? if so, did you use a translation service?

======================================

Wait to send complete packages. Avoid a checklist that would cost you more waiting time, money and agrivation.

I agree, thanks for your input :)

Timeline

zeeeeeeek or anyone your help please

After receiving my NVC case # and Invoice Identification Number

how long I need to wit before I pay the money I was trying to pay but the system keep tell me is wrong number .

The same thing happened to me, it might mean they are updating your info in the system and that they are billing you for the AOS/IV fees. Check everyday and you will have access to it once the system is updated. if after a few days nothings happens, call them....

Timeline

Do we need police certificate to be included in civil document or we need to bring that on interview.

From what I understand, you need to send a copy of police certificate (s) and translation (s) with the civil documents in the IV package. You need to referrer to your NVC welcome letter to see exactly what you need to send.

Here is some additional info on supporting docs. You can check for country/embassy specific requirements:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

Edited by Chiquitabella29

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Do we need police certificate to be included in civil document or we need to bring that on interview.

You need a send a copy with civil documents and bring original to interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

please post it here when your case is complete, i will do the same. hopefully we will have positive news within days.

Hopefully it will come soon. Let's stay positive :clock:

Congratulation. Thanks for your letting us know your timeline. My scan date is just one day after you, I hope I can get CC tomorrow :-)

Thank you. Just like you I was checking for the third N/A many times a day. They do seem a little backlogged right now and the person I spoke to on Friday said the same thing. I really hope you get your CC tomorrow since Thursday is Thanksgiving. Best of luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My scan date is 10/22. Called NVC today and asked for supervisor. I confirmed that being sent to supervisor review does not mean it will be 42 days, it is just alerting the supervisor your documents have not been reviewed BUT one of the regular workers who were suppose to review it can still do so regarrdless. If they do not then the supervisor will see it regardless and review it. And if it was reviewed when the supervisor checks their system they will see that the d-260 was reviewed and taken care of. Many people on here have gotten sent to supervisor review and completed next day or two. This has been very stressful and I wish everyone good luck.

Hey mn4ever009,

I have been put on a supervisor review and i had called them today inquiring as to what happens when it is under supervisor review. The rep gave me totally different information than what was given to you. The rep mentioned that when it is under supervisor review only a supervisor will review the file and a regular worker does not review it at all. This is totally confusing as every other rep on the phone gives some different information. They really need to get their act together and educate the reps on the same information and not provide different information to people. It totally sucks on getting different and contradictory information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.