dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2015

587 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Alf Mabrook.

NVC received our file on the 26th of October and they scanned it on the 30th. We called today but case number and IIN is still not available. Unfortunately it seems like it may take 30 - 42 days so it might take that long for you as well.

Whats really sad though is after NVC is completed, we may wait up to 180 days just for an interview to be scheduled. Scheduling an interview at the U.S embassy in Amman on average takes three times longer than the average of other countries. I have looked at the process of the last 6 couple from jordan who have already received their interview and average waiting time is about 120 days :(

Thanks! Oh wow! Why so long? 120 days! Well, I hope that it's faster for us all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

I had the same thought. We have to suffer becuz of their backlog!! Call yesterday spoke with a guy. told him to transfer me to a supervisor concerning IV fees. He told me to "hold on," I was so excited. He had me on hold abt 2-3mins just to found out that he couldn't find a supervisor. Lol. Guess he was playing games with me.. We should keep our fingers crossed IV will show as paid next week.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had the same thought. We have to suffer becuz of their backlog!! Call yesterday spoke with a guy. told him to transfer me to a supervisor concerning IV fees. He told me to "hold on," I was so excited. He had me on hold abt 2-3mins just to found out that he couldn't find a supervisor. Lol. Guess he was playing games with me.. We should keep our fingers crossed IV will show as paid next week.

I think they play games with that because one had me on hold too and she went to "look for a supervisor" and same as you no supervisor was a available it's all #######! So hopefully next week they stop playing games with us and allow us to complete our ds-260

Hi, AmainElvin, We are close, my scan date is Nov 19.

Good luck.

Nice! Good luck to you also.

MAY-08-2015: Got married!! :wub:

USCIS:

JUL-31-2015: Mailed I-130 Petition

AUG-03-2015: Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox

AUG-06-2015: Received NOA1 via text and email, file was routed to Nebraska

AUG-11-2015: Received NOA1 hard copy - PD: AUG-03-2015

AUG-31-2015: GOT APPROVED!! ? (27 days)

SEP-08-2015: Received NOA2 hard copy

SEP-10-2015: Mailed to NVC

NVC:

SEP-17-2015: NVC Received

SEP-28-2015: Case Number assigned

OCT-01-2015: Got Case number and IIN over the phone

OCT-02-2015: Received AOS Bill

OCT-02-2015: DS-261 filled up and submitted

OCT-12-2015: Pay AOS Fee (in process)

OCT-19-2015: AOS showed PAID

OCT-26-2015: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

OCT-29-2015: Received IV Fee bill

NOV-06-2015: Pay IV Fee (in process)

NOV-09-2015: IV showed PAID

NOV-09-2015: DS-260 filled up and submitted

NOV-12-2015: Sent AOS and IV package

NOV-16-2015: Package appeared "delivered"

NOV-17-2015: Scan date

DEC-22-2015: Case Complete

DEC-29-2015: Interview scheduled

DEC-30-2015: Received Interview Letter (P4)

MEDICAL:

JAN-19-2016: Medical Appointment at St. Luke's Medical Center PASSED!

US EMBASSY MANILA:<p>

FEB-09-2016: INTERVIEW APPROVED!! :dancing:

FEB-11-2016: VISA ISSUED

FEB-17-2016: VISA ON HAND

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Just got off the phone with NVC.

Finally the guy told me that our case is complete...I had to ask him like 3 times because I didn't believe him. Because he said "Well it looks like we have everything we need from you", which is what they have told me for almost the last month then tell me about the backlog creating the electronic file etc...so I asked him and he said no everything looks good and you are in line to be scheduled for an interview.

Finally!!

Originally submitted on Sept 7th electronically, they lost the emails

Resubmitted with Scan date of October 12th.

Case complete November 20th (not sure on the exact date...I forgot to ask him I was too excited).

I am probably going to call back Monday to ask again...as I am still like...."are you sure??" :joy:

Don't jinx it!!

lol!

Congrats!

Been 8 days since they took my IV fee and still waiting for the damn IV fee status to change from "In Process" :sleepy::ranting:

I've read that they have been having technical difficulties with processing the IV fee which is causing the delay.

Filed: Timeline

Am I supposed to send photocopies or originals of I-864 and financial support documents (IRS Tax Transcripts) in AOS package to NVC?

The NVC website says clearly to send photocopies of civil documents (IV package), but it's not clear for AOS package whether to send photocopies and keep originals for interview or vise-versa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Am I supposed to send photocopies or originals of I-864 and financial support documents (IRS Tax Transcripts) in AOS package to NVC?

The NVC website says clearly to send photocopies of civil documents (IV package), but it's not clear for AOS package whether to send photocopies and keep originals for interview or vise-versa.

You should send original of I-864 form and it should be signed. And for the financial supporting documents, photocopies are sufficient.

Edited by RRockz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I paid AOS fees on 11/16, money was out on 11/17 from bank account but online it shows still in processing. How long it takes to show paid, same thing with IV fees, paid on 11/18 and money was out on 11/19 but showing still in process. Any suggesion?

Waited for 20 mins till i get a hold of somebody but then convo only lasted not even a minute. Lol bottom line still no CC and i dont think somebody has opened our papers. Trying not to be negative but this is just how it feels like when the rep told u we will notify u once we are done reviewing the case. ????

Sorry for the rant.

CSC

7/14/15 NOA1

8/21/15 NOA2

NVC

9/10/15 NVC Received

9/23/15 CASE NO & IIN Assigned

9/23/15 DS 261 COMPLETED

9/23/15 AOS FEE PAID

9/28/15 DS 261 Reviewed OTP

10/01/15 IV Fee In Process

10/07/15 DS 260 Completed

10/22/15 Scan date of AOS/IV Package

11/25/15 CC!

12/01/15 Interview Scheduled

12/04/15 P4 Received

12/07/15 SLEC Medical Day 1

12/08/15 SLEC Day 2 - Result at hand

1/12/16 Interview Sched - APPROVED!

1/15/16 VISA ON HAND (Pick up at MOA)

1/17/16 Green Card Fee paid

1/22/16 POE

2/22/16 GREENCARD on HAND!

VSC

11/02/17 Received I-751

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ok I just Received Our Case Number and our IIN ( Invoice Identification Number) So happy we can move on to the next step. I'm assuming now i fill in the D-261 form now, do i pay for the IV and AOS there is a link to make payment as soon as i log on to NVC

Waited for 20 mins till i get a hold of somebody but then convo only lasted not even a minute. Lol bottom line still no CC and i dont think somebody has opened our papers. Trying not to be negative but this is just how it feels like when the rep told u we will notify u once we are done reviewing the case. ????

Sorry for the rant.

Hi. Yay. Our scan date is Nov 3 and we are really looking forward that we call Dec 3 and we get the good news but yes, we shouldn't expect that much.

Wish you have CC soon and us too!, CC and be informed of the interview date before Christmas.

USCIS

July 28, 2015: File I-130
July 30, 2015: NOA 1

August 31, 2015: NOA 2

NVC

September 18, 2015: Case was received by NVC

September 29, 2015: Case number and invoice ID number assigned

October 5, 2015: Filled out DS-261

: Paid AOS bill

October 28, 2015: Received and paid IV bill

November 2, 2015: sent AOS and IV packets

November 3, 2015: completed DS-260

: Scan date

December 8, 2015: Case complete

December 28, 2015: Medical

January 20, 2016: Interview

: received 221g

January 26, 2016: US embassy received documents

February 3, 2016: Status changed to "issued"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.