Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, danie82 said:

I just received a second RFE.  It hasn't come in the mail yet but it was listed on my case status.  UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So tired of this.  

Oh my that is really frustrating. What was your first RFE about?

**CSC Stage**
April 14, 2017 - Date sent
April 19, 2017 - Date received
June 01, 2017 - Requested USCIS to resend the NOA1 (missing NOA1)
June 11, 2017 - NOA1 hard copy received
Sept 20, 2017 - Case approved (case tracker and email notification)

Waiting for NOA2 hard copy...

**NVC/Embassy Stage**

Filed: Timeline
On 7/28/2017 at 5:41 PM, Peot said:

First was from the lockbox location. They sent back a document indicating some places we forgot to sign along with ALL of our evidence and the fee returned. It was done within weeks of sending the package in, and before it reached the CDC (California USCIS). I still consider this to be an RFE, but maybe that's a bit misleading. We received word (NOA1) that it was at CDC within a week of sending it in again.

Second was after the CDC process and before we received NOA2. This time it was for our "circumstances of meeting" being too detailed, as well they wanted passport stamps from the both of us.

Too detailed? Are you joking? I would think that would be a good thing!

Filed: Country:
Timeline
On 8/4/2017 at 4:05 AM, Chris&Princess said:

Oh my that is really frustrating. What was your first RFE about?

My first RFE was because I didn't send in enough information about our relationship and a G325a form which I didn't see listed.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/4/2017 at 2:42 PM, SocratesJohnson said:

Too detailed? Are you joking? I would think that would be a good thing!

Learned the lesson the hard way. A LOT of the advice here is "too much can only benefit you", but at the end of the day, I realized the reason must have been that the people working there are working on hundreds, if not thousands, of cases individually. If you send them a novel, it's easier for them to issue an RFE than to spend 20 minutes deciphering whether or not you met in the past 2 years and if the evidence meets up with the statement when you've got 100 more cases on your desk to get through.

Keep it simple!

A few paragraphs is what I sent the second time. Very brief for example: "We traveled to London on Aug 5, 2015 and spent 2 weeks there. I then visited her at her home in Michigan for 3 months starting Oct 10, returning Dec 10" and so forth.

There was no romance, no novelization. 

Either way, though, it only delayed things a total of 2 weeks which in the grand scheme of things, makes little to no difference on the final interview date.

Filed: Timeline
13 hours ago, Peot said:

Learned the lesson the hard way. A LOT of the advice here is "too much can only benefit you", but at the end of the day, I realized the reason must have been that the people working there are working on hundreds, if not thousands, of cases individually. If you send them a novel, it's easier for them to issue an RFE than to spend 20 minutes deciphering whether or not you met in the past 2 years and if the evidence meets up with the statement when you've got 100 more cases on your desk to get through.

Keep it simple!

A few paragraphs is what I sent the second time. Very brief for example: "We traveled to London on Aug 5, 2015 and spent 2 weeks there. I then visited her at her home in Michigan for 3 months starting Oct 10, returning Dec 10" and so forth.

There was no romance, no novelization. 

Either way, though, it only delayed things a total of 2 weeks which in the grand scheme of things, makes little to no difference on the final interview date.

Cool, thank you for the advice! I was going to give a VERY brief history of how we met, and our in-person relationship, as we have spent extensive time together between here and Europe for the past almost two years (especially me--I was out of the states for ten months!) I also thought this would help illustrate why I had a gap in employment. Thank you again, glad everything went smoothly for you!

Timeline

So, we're on day 56 waiting for NOA2 after RFE. The way things are going, it seems a lot of us are stuck waiting for NOA2 and I've seen some people say they'll contact their congressman because Tier 2 is no help.

My dilemma is that my fiance and I are both in the Philippines. He has no congressman because he has lived in the Philippines (got his citizenship through parents but hasnt really lived in the US -- dont worry we have family in the US and they will be our sponsors/affidavit of support) so who the heck do we contact for help if we still don't get a NOA2 after 60-80 days?!

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

12 minutes ago, Camie said:

So, we're on day 56 waiting for NOA2 after RFE. The way things are going, it seems a lot of us are stuck waiting for NOA2 and I've seen some people say they'll contact their congressman because Tier 2 is no help.

My dilemma is that my fiance and I are both in the Philippines. He has no congressman because he has lived in the Philippines (got his citizenship through parents but hasnt really lived in the US -- dont worry we have family in the US and they will be our sponsors/affidavit of support) so who the heck do we contact for help if we still don't get a NOA2 after 60-80 days?!

I just got off the phone with tier 2, they told me they sent something in the mail yesterday. Praying it's NOA2! So you should be hearing soon 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Bannonmh194 said:

I just got off the phone with tier 2, they told me they sent something in the mail yesterday. Praying it's NOA2! So you should be hearing soon 

OH MY GOD FINALLY!!!!! I HOPE IT'S YOUR NOA2 AND THAT MINE IS COMING SOON!!! Please update me when you can! I'll be sending you positive thoughts :)

Btw, the tier 2 officer couldn't tell you what they sent you in the mail? 

Edited by Camie
incomplete reply

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

9 minutes ago, Camie said:

OH MY GOD FINALLY!!!!! I HOPE IT'S YOUR NOA2 AND THAT MINE IS COMING SOON!!! Please update me when you can! I'll be sending you positive thoughts :)

Btw, the tier 2 officer couldn't tell you what they sent you in the mail? 

No he didn't tell me lol I hope it's NOA2 as well 🙏 I will keep you posted. I probably won't get it in the mail until next week. He told me if I did not receive it my Thursday to call back 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hey everyone. I received one RFE in the mail on Monday August 7th, then I sent the information back and the CSC notified me they received it on Thursday August 10th.  Does anyone have any guesses as to when an NOA2 would come. Is there a number I should call to check on it? Is there any aggregated data on this website that could show me averages for how long it takes? thanks for your help!

Timeline

Hey everyone. I received one RFE in the mail on Monday August 7th, then I sent the information back and the CSC notified me they received it on Thursday August 10th.  Does anyone have any guesses as to when an NOA2 would come. Is there a number I should call to check on it? Is there any aggregated data on this website that could show me averages for how long it takes? thanks for your help!

Also I wanted to ask if most people received a text about their update first, then checked the website, then got something in the mail.  Will the website say I've been approved, or will it say I need to check the mail? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Kacie and Ivan said:

Also I wanted to ask if most people received a text about their update first, then checked the website, then got something in the mail.  Will the website say I've been approved, or will it say I need to check the mail? 

It usually takes around 2 weeks to a month. Ours was adjudicated a week after they received our response. You will not be getting any notification via email or phone, the NOA2 is a hardcopy and arrives via mail. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, krizia said:

Has anyone Got an RFE for sending incorrect size of 2x2 for the beneficiary. Thankyou!

I have not, however I am severely paranoid now because my beneficiary's photo was slightly smaller than mine.  Did you receive an RFE for this? 

I am also paranoid that I will get a second RFE for the photo size, even though if that was a problem, they should have already included that in the first RFE, right??  

Timeline
7 hours ago, Kacie and Ivan said:

I have not, however I am severely paranoid now because my beneficiary's photo was slightly smaller than mine.  Did you receive an RFE for this? 

I am also paranoid that I will get a second RFE for the photo size, even though if that was a problem, they should have already included that in the first RFE, right??  

I haven't got anything yet. I am april filer. I should probably get an approval or an RFE within the week or early next week. I hope so. I will let you know! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.