Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Peot said:

Should be good. Could also provide a copy of the i-94 info (which is actually required on the new i-129F form I believe).

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/

The website even explains that it can be used as a government issued document and is therefore unbiased.

The agent working on the case has the same access to the i-94 info with your passport number. This is one of the reasons a photocopy of the passport is required, I imagine.

The I-94 is required only if your fiancé is currently in the states when you file the application. I think it's question 38a on the    Fiancé application. Hope this helps! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

The I-94 is required only if your fiancé is currently in the states when you file the application. I think it's question 38a on the    Fiancé application. Hope this helps! 

Oh interesting. I've only briefly skimmed the new form. Thanks! Either way, the I-94 records are there, and totally worth adding to the info package in any case, whether the form requires them or not.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Peot said:

Oh interesting. I've only briefly skimmed the new form. Thanks! Either way, the I-94 records are there, and totally worth adding to the info package in any case, whether the form requires them or not.

Completely Agree!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
14 hours ago, Peot said:

Should be good. Could also provide a copy of the i-94 info (which is actually required on the new i-129F form I believe).

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/

The website even explains that it can be used as a government issued document and is therefore unbiased.

The agent working on the case has the same access to the i-94 info with your passport number. This is one of the reasons a photocopy of the passport is required, I imagine.

the I-94 is for foreigners entering USA or USC traveling abroad? if according to my knowledge it is for foreigners entering USA I did not visited her in US yet.

----------------------------------------------

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Timeline
On 01/06/2017 at 2:07 AM, Connor&YK said:

Hello Everyone,

I got an RFE for proof that the online site (Jack'd) is not an International Marriage Broker. I submitted further proof (a letter detailing how we met, when we met in person, an email from the site, and the site's terms and conditions) and USCIS received it on May 15th, 2017. Still no approval yet and I am anxiously and impatiently waiting. I'm just confused why there is so much variance in the approval times after the RFE is received. In some cases, I've seen a 4 day turnaround, in others as long as 90 days! If any one has any clarification on why some cases take so much longer, please let me know. My case is at CSC right now. 

Have you heard back yet?

Timeline
11 hours ago, prish17 said:

Have you heard back yet?

what you ask about to my knowledge is depending on the USCIS officer and how he is when dealing with your package. we submitted proof of how we met and honestly I was expecting a RFE about the site through which we met but they ask us a proof of how we met in person. Though we provided them with this at the beginning.in summer, centers know a slow down. I hope you will get approved soon.best luck

Edited by Tawfik & Marzanna

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Tawfik & Marzanna said:

what you ask about to my knowledge is depending on the USCIS officer and how he is when dealing with your package. we submitted proof of how we met and honestly I was expecting a RFE about the site through which we met but they ask us a proof of how we met in person. Though we provided them with this at the beginning.in summer, centers know a slow down. I hope you will get approved soon.best luck

No, I am asking if they had heard back yet on their RFE? - I hadn't posted a question about anything else :s

Edited by prish17

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Tawfik & Marzanna said:

never mind, I've just checked your timeline- I can see that you've just sent back your reply :) 

Timeline
On 4/4/2017 at 6:33 AM, kaerras said:

This has probably been answered a hundred times before, and I am sorry if that is the case, please bear with me; We received our RFE in the mail today, and some mistakes were made in our original filing: some N/A sections on our 325s, and I missed a few checkboxes on the 129F. My question is this: Can I adjust them on the forms they sent with the highlighted sections, or do I need to reprint the entire form?

Great question! Did you ever figure it out? Did they send back your application that you sent them or did they send back copies? 

Did they highlight the sections themselves? Sorry, I'm trying to prepare myself in the event we get one of these as well.

Timeline

This is an amazing list and so incredibly helpful!!!

Is there anything after the last entry in 2016? I've looked through the forum and was searching for the most recent information available. I am a 2017 filer🙂

Timeline
On 2/15/2017 at 1:11 PM, Kat&Jon said:

That is the automatic notice that they send. The RFE reply goes back with the Blue paper which tells you exactly what they want back. If the additional evidence was not requested on the official RFE paper that gets sent back with your reply, then it is not needed. It is a bit confusing, but you can always call USCIS just to confirm. They can look up the RFE and clarify for you!

Edit: No you do not have to send a police record for the US citizen. They will verify when your petition enters the vetting process. The only time you need a police certificate is for the foreign fiance for both the Medical and Interview that are overseas.

I am very confused about this as well. I, the petitioner, checked yes because  the form asked if an order of protection has EVER been issued against the petitioner (civil or criminal) 

the following question then states you only enter additional information like police records if you were convicted or jailed for anything.

So I marked yes because I had an order of harassment issued against me by an ex-boyfriend's ex-wife but I never violated anything and it was only a civil matter.

I did not supply any type of documentation and records because other than A simple civil proceeding, there was no action.

The order of protection expired one year from the date it was issued. There was no violence or anything but I took the phrase "stalking" in the instructions explaination that was in the definition and marked yes because I thought that could've constituted the order of harassment definition.

help please.

if I get an RFE for this do I just explain what I explained here?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hello, we just got the rfe in the mail, and I'm interested if you can tell me, based on the document attached, are they asking us for a passport size photo only as the language is confusing. Thanks in advance 

Screenshot_20170617-194109.png

Timeline
Just now, Elisaveta said:

Hello, we just got the rfe in the mail, and I'm interested if you can tell me, based on the document attached, are they asking us for a passport size photo only as the language is confusing. Thanks in advance 

Screenshot_20170617-194109.png

is this all what they ask you to provide? are there any other papers included asking for extra papers? is this a RFE or NOI for denial? as I can read they are just asking th epetitiner ( the person who filled the I-129 form to submit his photograph according to the US specification)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tawfik & Marzanna said:

is this all what they ask you to provide? are there any other papers included asking for extra papers? is this a RFE or NOI for denial? as I can read they are just asking th epetitiner ( the person who filled the I-129 form to submit his photograph according to the US specification)

No additional papers other than the blue piece of paper that we need to send back with the photos. The letter says "REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE". The article 8 C.F.R 103.2(b)(11) is the general provision from the quoted law that's the same for an RFE and notification of intent to deny. I'm a bit confused myself so was hoping someone that has gotten the same RFE would respond.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Elisaveta said:

No additional papers other than the blue piece of paper that we need to send back with the photos. The letter says "REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE". The article 8 C.F.R 103.2(b)(11) is the general provision from the quoted law that's the same for an RFE and notification of intent to deny. I'm a bit confused myself so was hoping someone that has gotten the same RFE would respond.

Thank you for posting this and the picture!  The wording on a lot of these forms makes me very anxious. It's very confusing for me as well.  I'm hoping others will post what they have experienced and how they've dealt with specific RFE's as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.