Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kat&Jon said:

If you don't hear anything within the 2 weeks they quoted I would get your local congressman involved. At that point you would be out of the time frame for your entire application to be approved and well over the RFE timeframe. Hopefully you hear long before then though!

My hopes and prayers are with you!

Thank you for your help. Is there an actual timeframe for the application or just the RFE? It does seem to be taking forever and for no reason! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Michellejune said:

Thank you for your help. Is there an actual timeframe for the application or just the RFE? It does seem to be taking forever and for no reason! 

I could answer more accurately if you filled out your timeline, but yes you can look at their website to see which month they are currently working.

There is a time frame of 5 months that CSC puts for completing K-1 Visas. The website states they are currently working on cases from August 16, 2016. They are usually well beyond this as you can tell from our progress report forums here, but this does give you an indication of when you can get your local congressman involved in your case.

If you received your original NOA1 before this date then I would give your congressman a call and speak to their immigration services to see if they can get you a more clear answer if you don't hear soon.

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Kat&Jon said:

I could answer more accurately if you filled out your timeline, but yes you can look at their website to see which month they are currently working.

There is a time frame of 5 months that CSC puts for completing K-1 Visas. The website states they are currently working on cases from August 16, 2016. They are usually well beyond this as you can tell from our progress report forums here, but this does give you an indication of when you can get your local congressman involved in your case.

If you received your original NOA1 before this date then I would give your congressman a call and speak to their immigration services to see if they can get you a more clear answer if you don't hear soon.

Oh ok I'm not very good at using this hence why my timeline is blank. We sent our application August 10th 2016 and received our NOA 1 August 22nd 2016. We then had an RFE early October which we replied to they received our evidence October 19th 2016. We've heard nothing since. Until David called last Wednesday and they said they would review our case and we would hear from them within two weeks. It is now 5 months since our NOA 1. 

Timeline

Yeah I would go ahead and try having David give his local congressman a call to see if they can help find more answers. They should have responded to your RFE a long time ago. The average wait on an RFE is 2 weeks. They do have 90 days like I stated, but they are now over that as well. Usually having the congressman's office call them helps give the USCIS the kick in the pants it needs.

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Kat&Jon said:

Yeah I would go ahead and try having David give his local congressman a call to see if they can help find more answers. They should have responded to your RFE a long time ago. The average wait on an RFE is 2 weeks. They do have 90 days like I stated, but they are now over that as well. Usually having the congressman's office call them helps give the USCIS the kick in the pants it needs.

Ok I will do. We are so lost on all this and never dreamt it would take so long!!! 

Are you still waiting or have you got your visa etc?  

I'm  from England and David Rhode Island we've been together since 2015!  

Timeline
On January 23, 2017 at 7:21 PM, Kat&Jon said:

Ok I will do. We are so lost on all this and never dreamt it would take so long!!! 

So so we called the ucis they have replied by email saying our case is being adjudicated. And we will be notified within 45 days!!! That's on top of the two weeks they already took to reply following the 90 day gap between receiving our RFE evidence!!  It's now a total of 5 months since our NOA 1. 

Anyone else from August 2016 still waiting?? 

Timeline

Hello ,

My Noa 1 was on 10/10/2016 we then received a rfe just for a missing signature . The rfe was sent immediately but only received from them on 03/12. I called them two weeks ago and they said that it would be approved not later than 02/02/17 that is today. I don't understand why it's taking so long. Anybody else with the same issue ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Our case was approved on 6th of February 2017. They received our RFE on 9th of December 2016. Thanks God. Good luck to people that waiting for their approval....

Timeline
On January 31, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Michellejune said:

So so we called the ucis they have replied by email saying our case is being adjudicated. And we will be notified within 45 days!!! That's on top of the two weeks they already took to reply following the 90 day gap between receiving our RFE evidence!!  It's now a total of 5 months since our NOA 1. 

Anyone else from August 2016 still waiting?? 

Hi we heard today that we have been denied!!!!  Have to wait for a letter saying why. 

Anyone else heard this? 

Timeline

There are a few other members who have been denied unfortunately. Once you receive your letter explaining why I would post a seperate topic in the K-1 forums and hopefully we can all help get your some answers on next steps!

I am so sorry to hear this! My thoughts and prayers are with you that the denial is easy to overcome!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hi all !
Is there anyone who can help us?

We got a RFE. We did not answer all of the questions on the form I-129F. We've forgot the question on Page 5, part 3. Question 2 and 3 ( criminal record information).

If our answer is NO and the petitioner's criminal history is clean, do we have to take any doc. from police and attach it with the blue sheet?

2. There is a sentence that confuse me . It says " Additional evidence is required to establish the qualifying relationship" . What do they mean ? Do we have to send more evidence about our relationship? Or it's only about criminal information?

5ZVrKedvmAQ.jpg

https://pp.vk.me/c638330/v638330306/1ec91/JkKU-afisIE.jpg

Timeline
7 hours ago, Kat&Jon said:

There are a few other members who have been denied unfortunately. Once you receive your letter explaining why I would post a seperate topic in the K-1 forums and hopefully we can all help get your some answers on next steps!

I am so sorry to hear this! My thoughts and prayers are with you that the denial is easy to overcome!

Thank you!! So a few others were denied the application? Do you know why and did the file in August 2016 too?  I wonder if our case expired!? Is that possible? 

Still waiting for the explaining letter. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Michellejune said:

Thank you!! So a few others were denied the application? Do you know why and did the file in August 2016 too?  I wonder if our case expired!? Is that possible? 

Still waiting for the explaining letter. 

We have the letter apparently the evidence we sent wasn't documentated !?? 

Timeline
On 2/13/2017 at 3:40 PM, ando28 said:

Hi all !
Is there anyone who can help us?

We got a RFE. We did not answer all of the questions on the form I-129F. We've forgot the question on Page 5, part 3. Question 2 and 3 ( criminal record information).

If our answer is NO and the petitioner's criminal history is clean, do we have to take any doc. from police and attach it with the blue sheet?

2. There is a sentence that confuse me . It says " Additional evidence is required to establish the qualifying relationship" . What do they mean ? Do we have to send more evidence about our relationship? Or it's only about criminal information?

5ZVrKedvmAQ.jpg

https://pp.vk.me/c638330/v638330306/1ec91/JkKU-afisIE.jpg

That is the automatic notice that they send. The RFE reply goes back with the Blue paper which tells you exactly what they want back. If the additional evidence was not requested on the official RFE paper that gets sent back with your reply, then it is not needed. It is a bit confusing, but you can always call USCIS just to confirm. They can look up the RFE and clarify for you!

Edit: No you do not have to send a police record for the US citizen. They will verify when your petition enters the vetting process. The only time you need a police certificate is for the foreign fiance for both the Medical and Interview that are overseas.

Edited by Kat&Jon

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.