Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello everyone! two quick questions, our RFE is to send a copy of a passport, we will send every page but is it worth signing every page?

Second question, we didn't receive an RFE for this part but we noticed when reviewing the copied package that we missed some stuff out on the i-129f, I have read on a forum that they will review the whole packet again. Can anyone tell us if we need to add this on the RFE or this will cause us further problems?

First off, I am sorry I did not get back as quick as I usually do.

When you reply to an RFE it is best to provide a cover letter and sign that. This will allow you to not sign every single page you send back!

When they receive an RFE back they will review the entire packet again, people in the past have sent back additional information that was missing before. I would submit with it a separate cover letter that is signed with your updates so that they can insert that into your existing packet, make sure the letter includes your explanation as to why you are submitting additional documents that were not requested. It has not caused problems before, it only tends to cause an issue if you try to beat an RFE with an update before you actually get one.

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: Timeline

So...I've never been so happy to receive a notification that something is wrong! I received an e-mail and a text today saying that we will be receiving an RFE for our case. This means that (a) they've looked at the petition and (b) they didn't throw it out on the first review. :) I'll post an update here when I know exactly what the RFE is for, but I suspect it's because we didn't include a statement of intent from the beneficiary. Of course, it could be anything...

As y'all know, this is a long and stressful process. Reading your stories (the good, the bad, and the ugly) really serves as a reminder that none of us are in this alone. Thanks for posting!

As predicted, our RFE is for the letter of intent from the beneficiary. I mailed it off using overnight mail yesterday, and will post an update when we receive our next communication!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

anyone knows who will receive RFE letter, me or US fiance?

Edited by vesnaodna

03/18/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

03/30/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

04/04/16....$340 check cashed

04/06/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

04/08/16....NOA1 hardcopy received by post

04/11/16....called to USCIS inform about Name typo

04/27/16....Name typo updated

06/29/16....Got RFE

07/15/16....RFE was received by USCIS

08/01/16....NOA2 approved

WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS..CONTACTING USCIS SUPERVISER..CONTACTING SENATOR..

10/03/16....Case sent to NVC (THEY LOST OUR CASE AND STOLE 2.5 MONTHS OF OUR HAPPINESS. Only senator's involvement helped to sort it out.)

10/13/16....NVC assigned case number (after waiting more than average)

WAIT/CALLING TO NVC.. WAIT/CALLING TO NVC...WAIT/CALLING TO NVC...LOSING MY MIND AGAIN..

11/16/16....NVC status changed to IN TRANSIT. Yay!

11/20/16....US Embassy received file but never contacted me

11/26/16....packet 3 received by consulate (packet 3 instructions was never sent by embassy, I sent packet 3 regardless)

11/28/16....interview scheduled on 12/22/2016

12/22/16....CO refused to consider self-earned income and refused co-sponsor. Refused to take in consideration my own assets and property income and well established freelance business. Asked to show $100K++ on bank account while he knew that we have maybe only $70K cash. 

03/22/17....After several fights was interviewed in Paris. They kept my passport. Was told Administrative Processing won't take more than 2-3 weeks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

hi guys

I have a probably dumb question

Do I have to sign all the documents by hand, I mean wet signature or I can do it using my digital signature, for the two of us?

We live in Singapore, but we gonna send our documents to her father in America, and then he will send our I-129F.

We want to save money, so I thought we could just use our digital signature, which is basically our original signature but "digital" or I would say a photo of it.

So, she is moving back to America in October, and at the same time I will be flying back to Brazil.

To send the package I guess is fine for her dad to do it for us. We want to save some time in our process since we are studying in Singapore now. So once she get back to America, our process is already happening.

thank you so much :)

Edited by mateusvaz

Timeline

Mateusvaz,

The signatures can be digital on all the forms, but some people are still getting RFE for "wet" signatures on the letters of intent to marry.

You should be okay with digital or photocopied signatures since a memo was sent regarding copies of signatures were okay for forms, but like I said some people are still getting RFE for "wet" signatures on the letters of intent to marry. It could just be that adjudicator making that decision without seeing the updated memo or they are just particular.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

The signatures can be digital on all the forms, but some people are still getting RFE for "wet" signatures on the letters of intent to marry.

People don't get RFEs for that anymore, not the last couple of years at least. Copies are fine, scanned and sent via email. The signature has to be there of course, but it doesn't have to wet.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NOA1 April 12th

RFE site notification July 1st

RFE hard copy July 8th

Replied to RFE July 11th via USPS priority mail

Circumstance of meeting

Last personal meeting - USCiS wanted proof we met in Malaysia and not the Philippines

Seems we confused USCIS, my fiance is an OFW ( overseas filipino worker) in Malaysia for the last 8 years.

I spent 2.5 months with her in Malaysia, but USCIS is confused because I used her mom's mailing address in Philippines on the i-129f. I did put her address in Malaysia on the G-325a.

She will be going back to the Philippines to finish the embassy process.

Evidence i replied with included her past 3 work visa's in Malaysia, e confirmation with payment for hotel in fiance's name, her Certificate of Good Conduct applied for when i was still there with her, showing her mailing address in Malaysia, Photo's with date, time and location stamped on the picture.Along with detailed letters from both of us. Also re sent my passport with stamps and boarding passes.

Timeline

Hello guys! My american fiance already sent the petition to the USCIS. We haven't received any response yet. My address on it is still my old address. I know that US Embassy will have to send me mails and I'm afraid there will be no one that will receive it. What can we do? And will it be a problem in our application? Thank you so much!

Timeline

Hello guys! My american fiance already sent the petition to the USCIS. We haven't received any response yet. My address on it is still my old address. I know that US Embassy will have to send me mails and I'm afraid there will be no one that will receive it. What can we do? And will it be a problem in our application? Thank you so much!

This is a thread about rfe, so it's better you start your own and ask this question. If I were you I'd post into the regional forum, as it varies from country to country how the embassies contact the beneficiaries.

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am confused. You confirmed that no one has received an RFE for an original 'wet' signature for years. Have new ones now popped up recently? Have links to them?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

KayDeeCee,

Its only been in relation to the Letters of Intent to Marry for an RFE regarding "wet" signature. There are 2 in my current Master RFE list according to my detailed list from the transfer. That is hardly any at all when you look at the big picture, and that adjudicator must have just been extra picky that day. As far as the G-325A forms, my notes don't indicate that an RFE for a "wet" signature has happened in over 3 years from the data transfer.

I know the RFE for "wet" signature thing is pretty rare, but I still like to be honest about it since I did have two in the list in the past year from when I transferred the original post. I just like to let people know that albeit rare, it has happened recently but ONLY for the letters of intent.

Stealth_69,

Thank you so much for your detailed response and I will get you added into the big list once we hear back about that approval that hopefully is coming your way!

Thanks again to everyone who continues to post about your RFE or questions you have about the RFE process! You guys are what help others get approvals with your great information so I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to everyone who continues to contribute to this thread!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.