DLS713

Inoculations (Shots needed before entering the US)

20 posts in this topic

Your fiancée should wait and get her shots during her medical at St. Luke's. The shots are already included in the price of the medical

Typically, St. Luke's pokes them with MMR, TDAP, and maybe another one. I think they still give flu shots during flu season.

Hi!

All of the shots are included in the price of the SL visit/physical. I wouldn't recommend getting them elsewhere because they may or may Not be accepted. My wife just went thru the physical at the end of September and she received 3 vaccines. Even though she had proof of some previous. And then she will need more once she gets to the USA as per the SL paperwork.

Enjoy the ride and may God bless!

Just trying to think of the cost aspect. She's a nurse and could get it all done cheaper in her home town.

Just trying to think of the cost aspect. She's a nurse and could get it all done cheaper in her home town.

Welcome to the club! My wife, Chinook, is a nurse too.

And then she will need more once she gets to the USA as per the SL paperwork.

I doubt if your wife will need any more shots. St. Luke's already gave her the age-appropriate shots she needed. The key words are "age-appropriate." Check it out on her DS-3025.

I doubt if your wife will need any more shots. St. Luke's already gave her the age-appropriate shots she needed. The key words are "age-appropriate." Check it out on her DS-3025.

She will need Hep vaccine stage 2 and 3. And also booster of MMR. Yes, it's on her paperwork.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hep A and B not a requirement, and the MMR booster should be given at the K-1 medical. Only one in a series needed for AOS. No need to see a civil surgeon and get more vaccinations if all the ones for AOS were received prior to or at the K-1 medical and marked off on their DS-3025. > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

Required by age > http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

At slec, they will give you 3 shots, ( mmr, chickenpox, tetanus) these are already paid for when you pay the medical fee.

if she already had the chickenpox, you will have 2 shots and they will indicate it in your med report.

it is the choice of the beneficiary if she wants to get the shots here in the ph or in the US, of course there is a charge if she gets it there.

I'm finally done! took oath at DEC 2019 😁

Hep A and B not a requirement, and the MMR booster should be given at the K-1 medical. Only one in a series needed for AOS. No need to see a civil surgeon and get more vaccinations if all the ones for AOS were received prior to or at the K-1 medical and marked off on their DS-3025. > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

Required by age > http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

^^^. +1

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

What shots does my Fiancee need prior to entering the US from the Philippines and can she get them before the interview portion?

All required vaccinations are included in the medical at SLEC so you have no worries there. What vaccinations are given is dictated by CDC and immigration law. No worries... relax... SLEC will handle it.

Pop over to the Philippines forum for answers better related to the process in Manila. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

What shots does my Fiancee need prior to entering the US from the Philippines and can she get them before the interview portion?

A Fiancee visa does not require the shots but if you don't get them in Manila, you will have to get them here before the AOS. We planned on getting pregnant immediately and so opted not to get any in the Phil's, and when here, she got pregnant within 2 mos. We found a doctor in Texas I think it was (learned of him here in VJ), who wrote her an exemption after we sent all the necessary paperwork to prove she was pregnant, along with whatever previous shot records she had so they could include those. If you choose to get the shots, Manila is the best choice I understand. Bring any shot records you can so you don't need to repeat any shots she's already had. Best wishes to you both!

Edited by Bbdong n Bbday

It's my observation that what the embassy websites state is contrary to what is actually in practice. I've checked several different US embassy sites and they all state that for the K-1 visa vaccines are NOT required. However, during the medical examination process, K-1 visa applicants are forced to get vaccinations.

Just more of the classic misinformation and incompetence of the embassies.

It's my observation that what the embassy websites state is contrary to what is actually in practice. I've checked several different US embassy sites and they all state that for the K-1 visa vaccines are NOT required. However, during the medical examination process, K-1 visa applicants are forced to get vaccinations.

Just more of the classic misinformation and incompetence of the embassies.

1. K-1ers are not forced to get shots at their medical.

2. The CDC makes the rules, not the embassies.

1. K-1ers are not forced to get shots at their medical.

2. The CDC makes the rules, not the embassies.

You are completely missing my point. The US embassy websites explicitly state that the vaccinations are NOT required. Here is a quote from the US embassy's website in London:

Vaccinations

On the day of the medical examination, the Embassy panel physician will be required to verify that you have met the vaccination requirement, or that it is medically inappropriate for you to receive them. Please note: If you are applying for a K visa, you will not be required to meet the vaccination requirements at the time of your visa interview. You will, however, be required to meet the requirement at the time you apply for an adjustment of status with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in the United States.

Here is a quote from the US embassy's website in Santo Domingo:

Vaccines

The Immigration and Nationality Act requires that all immigrant visa applicants obtain certain vaccinations before receiving an immigrant visa.

If you are applying for a K or V visa, vaccines are optional. However, it is often more convenient if you are vaccinated while still in the Dominican Republic.

The doctors selected by the Consular Section are the only doctors authorized to conduct medical examinations for visa applicants. The doctors must verify that each immigrant visa applicant has met all vaccination requirements.

However, anecdotal evidence, including that of my fiancé, indicates that the K-1 visa applicants are required to get certain vaccinations during the medical exam before the interview. This is contrary to what the websites clearly state. It doesn't matter who makes the rules, it's that they aren't enforced correctly. The K-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa. Only immigrant visas require vaccinations.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.