wiredog

Philippine divorce and CENOMAR

34 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2015 at 8:48 PM, Hank_ said:

Everyone is required to submit the CENOMAR with the K-1 visa application. It is listed in the embassy instructions letter. If married when requesting a CENOMAR from NSO (PSA) they will issue a CEMAR. If the divorce was recognized by NSO (PSA) it will be annotated on the CEMAR. Everything should be fine.

That's  correct  my fiancee was annulled  on her CEMAR it list her marriage but it also states her marriage is absolutely null and void. I submitted the CEMAR with my K1 application.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

• 3 years later...

Hi po. Me and my ex husband both converted to Islam and got married under Sharia court and registered our marriage in the Philippine Consulate in the Middle East for PSA. I have no previous marriage prior to that. Then I get divorced in the Philippines under Sharia court as "Divorce by Faskh".  It was then annotated in my MC by PSA stating that "marriage is hereby dissolved". Do I still need to secure CEMAR? Will the PSA annotated MC and court decision will be enough evidence as proof to marry? And do you think my case is a good case to have an approved K1 visa? Thank you so much. God Bless.

*** Zombie thread closed.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.