julisi

We got the date wrong. Our wedding date! Oops?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

So today is our 1 year anniversary, but we both assumed it was last week. Our parents wished us a happy anniversary today and as we informed them that they're a bit late, they corrected us.

I got so confused I checked the photos and dates... marriage certificate says 28th (today, a year ago) and so do the photos. BUT we filled the paperwork with the 23rd!! (We had to change our appointment at the courthouse last minute from 23rd to 28th, so I assume we were just so focused on the 23rd that we never even questioned it.)

I got my temporary greencard without any issues back in May. How do I go about this? Just address the issue when filing paperwork for ROC? Leave it and just go with with the 23rd? Or 28th? Like nothing happened?

Day 00 - 01/22/15 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131
Day 04 - 01/26/15 - Package received (USPS)
Day 08 - 01/30/15 - Acceptance Confirmation texts and emails
Day 20 - 02/11/15 - Receipt hard copies arrived(I-797c)
Day 26 - 02/17/15 - Receipt Biometrics Appt
Day 32 - 02/23/15 - Biometrics Appt
Day 43 - 03/06/15 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview (I-485)
Day 61 - 03/25/15 - EAD and AP approved
Day 70 - 04/03/15 - EAD Card received
Day 110 - 05/12/15 - AOS Interview - Approved!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Bump?

Day 00 - 01/22/15 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131
Day 04 - 01/26/15 - Package received (USPS)
Day 08 - 01/30/15 - Acceptance Confirmation texts and emails
Day 20 - 02/11/15 - Receipt hard copies arrived(I-797c)
Day 26 - 02/17/15 - Receipt Biometrics Appt
Day 32 - 02/23/15 - Biometrics Appt
Day 43 - 03/06/15 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview (I-485)
Day 61 - 03/25/15 - EAD and AP approved
Day 70 - 04/03/15 - EAD Card received
Day 110 - 05/12/15 - AOS Interview - Approved!

Filed: Timeline

This is very complicated. Your card seems like it could have been approved in error. I say couldve been because you did send them the marriage certificate with the correct date, it was just the date entry on the form that was incorrect. If the officer reviewing the form picked up on the incorrect date way back when processing it they couldve sent an RFE about the issue- most likely asking you to correct the form. Im really not sure if the Officer (if seeing the discrepancy) would alter the date on your application for you. If they did then there was no error. But again Im not sure if they do that.

If your card was issued in error you have to return the card.. Once they get the card back, they will reinstate AOS. (meaning reprocess you) This can cause the date on your GC to change impacting your ROC/eligibility for naturalization date.

This is NOT a situation where you want to do nothing because they can catch the error during ROC/naturalization and you will be in a even bigger mess then.

You need to contact USCIS. You can call the 800 number and ask for a tier 2. Explain the situation. (you just realized you entered the wrong marriage date on the forms however you sent in the marriage certificate with the correct date). Its going to take time but they should in essence get your file reopened by and Officer who will review it and determine if your card was issued in error. They will contact you and explain what you need to do whether it be nothing as there was no error or send the card back because of the error and wait for another.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.