IHYJF

ex husband threatens to go to immigration to get me deported

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Good day everyone! Thank you for reading my post! I just wanted to know somebody else's opinion about my situation, because I am honestly lost, I don't know what to do anymore. I was married for almost 3 years. My husband, after the marriage, got very abusive. I can't even describe what kind of dirt he poured all over me every single day! He destroyed my clothes, my electronics, commited fraud using my name, got physical sometimes, he destroyed me! But it is not about me making a mistake of marrying that monster. Over a year ago he went to jail for domestic violence and some other cases related to that. he didn't stop harrasing me from the jail, even though there were several protection orders. he stopped now, because i had to move far away and he doesn't know where i live. he keeps threatening me to go to immigration and file a repost saying i offered him money to marry me and it was a fraud! I didn't! it is such a lie! He even said that in front of the divorce judge! said he would do everything possible to deport me. he got nothing from our divorce, so he got even angrier. i am sure the first stop on his way from jail will be the immigration office. we were married for almost 3 years, he signed all the papers on his own. i didn't forge anything! i already got my 10 year card. I assume there is no so much he can do, but I have been fighting against him for almost 5 years. i am tired, i just want him to leave me alone and i want to know is there is anything else he can do to hurt me even more. what will immigration do if he come in with that statement? he think he is entitled to decide if i can stay or not, because he is a citizen and i am just an immigrant. please please any advice will be very much appreciated! please!

I am so sorry this happened to you.

Not the good news: Rest assured that he has NOTHING and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING over you. If I had a penny for every rotten spouse who threatened to deport their foreign spouse, I'd be on a yacht sailing somewhere. His ability to have you deported is ZERO. He claims that he will tell them you offered him money (which would lead to more jail time as this is a federal offense ON HIS PART) but I think any judge will see right through his story. The guy is in prison for domestic violence! He is where he belongs and you are safe and away from him.

AOS

03/24/11 - Got married in the Boogie-Down Bronx, NYC!
04/21/11 - Mailed I-130,I-765, I-485, I-864 and I-693 - Day 00

04/23/11 - Application delivered - Day 02
04/28/11 - NOA (most forms) - Day 07
05/03/11 - Checks cashed - Day 12
05/31/11 - Biometrics completed in the Bronx, NYC - Day 40
06/24/11 - Received someone else's employment authorization card!!! What the...? - Day 64
07/01/11 - Mailed the poor lady's card back after calling USCIS - Day 71
07/07/11 - Received poor lady's interview notice! What??? - Day 77
07/15/11 - Received my own EAD card - Day 85
08/12/11 - Interview. Approved on the spot! - Day 113
08/18/11 - Received card in the mail - Day 119

ROC
05/28/13 - Mailed I-751 - Day 00

05/30/13 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/31/13 - NOA I-797 - Day 03
06/04/13 - Check cashed - Day 07

06/06/13 - NOA delivered to my home/Biometrics letter generated - Day 09

06/10/13 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail - Day 13

06/27/13 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 30

09/10/13 - Application approved! - Day 105

09/14/13 - 10 year Green Card received! - Day 109

Citizenship

05/10/16 - Mailed N-400 - Day 00

05/12/16 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/13/16 - Credit card payment accepted - Day 03

05/17/16 - Received text & email update - Day 07

05/20/16 - Received 1st NOA (dated 05/13/16) & created ELIS acct - Day 10

05/21/16 - Received 2nd NOA (dated 05/16/16) confirming my DOB and address - Day 11

05/22/06 - Biometrics scheduled (online update) and appt letter was mailed on 05/20/16 - Day 12

05/24/06 - Biometrics letter became viewable online (appt scheduled for 06/07/16) - Day 14

05/27/16 - Received Biometrics letter in mail - Day 17

05/31/16 - Was denied walk-in fingerprints with just 1 person left in line. Milwaukee office, boo! - Day 21

06/07/16 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 28

12/21/16 - Passed Citizenship test/Interview was successful! - Day 197

01/26/17 - I am a US citizen!!! - Day 233

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I would also say that if he makes the claims that you paid him, then he is just as guilty of fraud (yes I understand none was committed, I am just making a point). So he would be incriminating himself.

Sorry you have to go thru dealing with an insecure and immature a-hole.

I am the Beneficiary

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Immigration timeline
I-129F Sent: 21SEP2015
I-129F Received: 22SEP2015
NOA1 hard Copy: 24 sept 2015
RFE e-notification: 10 nov 2015
RFE Hard Copy: 16NOV2015
RFE Sent: 7 dec2015
RFE Recived: 10 dec 2015
NOA2 e-notification: 15 dec 2015
NOA2 Hard Copy: 19 dec 2015
NVC Case# Received: 09 jan 2016
Embassy Received Case: 11 jan 2016
Medical:26th may 2016
Interview: 31st may 2016
interview result: Administrative Processing
Second interview: 15 june 2016
Interview result: Approved
Visa in hand: 17 june 2016
Arrival date: 27 july 2016

POE: Atlanta

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

3f34049baa54b49b3179100ab67d74b8.gif

thank you so much for your responses!!! How does it work though? They can't just ignore his requests? Right? I just want to be prepared. i know him, he will try to use everything possible to achieve his goal. I just want to address this to all the immigrants who reads it: never ever let anyone bring you down and make you believe you are worse than the others just because you were born in a different country! you have to fight for your rights.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

thank you so much for your responses!!! How does it work though? They can't just ignore his requests? Right? I just want to be prepared. i know him, he will try to use everything possible to achieve his goal. I just want to address this to all the immigrants who reads it: never ever let anyone bring you down and make you believe you are worse than the others just because you were born in a different country! you have to fight for your rights.

They won't ignore their requests; if he can't produce evidence, they will charge him with making false official statements. I would actually say that having him continue is actually in your BEST interest. If what you say is true, and I'm sure it is, I've seen this happen multiple times, then he will bring only himself down. Despite all the cynicism, in this country you are innocent until proven guilty. As a previous poster said, if he makes this claim, and it were true, he would be just as on the hook as you would be, as he was a party to immigration fraud. And if it's not true, he is making false official statements. He's backing himself into a corner where he can't win. Just let him take himself down and laugh as it happens.

Don't worry, you have nothing to fear. :)

I am the USC.

The member "Khaleesi" is my beautiful wife.

thank you so much for your responses!!! How does it work though? They can't just ignore his requests? Right? Of yes they can! And they do. He is not the first and he won't be the last person to cry "fraud!" when their marriage did not work out. Not to mention he is in jail for domestic violence and he has NO PROOF of this "transcation". I just want to be prepared. i know him, he will try to use everything possible to achieve his goal. I just want to address this to all the immigrants who reads it: never ever let anyone bring you down and make you believe you are worse than the others just because you were born in a different country! you have to fight for your rights. Exactly! Be happy that you are no longer tied to this piece of #######.

AOS

03/24/11 - Got married in the Boogie-Down Bronx, NYC!
04/21/11 - Mailed I-130,I-765, I-485, I-864 and I-693 - Day 00

04/23/11 - Application delivered - Day 02
04/28/11 - NOA (most forms) - Day 07
05/03/11 - Checks cashed - Day 12
05/31/11 - Biometrics completed in the Bronx, NYC - Day 40
06/24/11 - Received someone else's employment authorization card!!! What the...? - Day 64
07/01/11 - Mailed the poor lady's card back after calling USCIS - Day 71
07/07/11 - Received poor lady's interview notice! What??? - Day 77
07/15/11 - Received my own EAD card - Day 85
08/12/11 - Interview. Approved on the spot! - Day 113
08/18/11 - Received card in the mail - Day 119

ROC
05/28/13 - Mailed I-751 - Day 00

05/30/13 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/31/13 - NOA I-797 - Day 03
06/04/13 - Check cashed - Day 07

06/06/13 - NOA delivered to my home/Biometrics letter generated - Day 09

06/10/13 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail - Day 13

06/27/13 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 30

09/10/13 - Application approved! - Day 105

09/14/13 - 10 year Green Card received! - Day 109

Citizenship

05/10/16 - Mailed N-400 - Day 00

05/12/16 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/13/16 - Credit card payment accepted - Day 03

05/17/16 - Received text & email update - Day 07

05/20/16 - Received 1st NOA (dated 05/13/16) & created ELIS acct - Day 10

05/21/16 - Received 2nd NOA (dated 05/16/16) confirming my DOB and address - Day 11

05/22/06 - Biometrics scheduled (online update) and appt letter was mailed on 05/20/16 - Day 12

05/24/06 - Biometrics letter became viewable online (appt scheduled for 06/07/16) - Day 14

05/27/16 - Received Biometrics letter in mail - Day 17

05/31/16 - Was denied walk-in fingerprints with just 1 person left in line. Milwaukee office, boo! - Day 21

06/07/16 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 28

12/21/16 - Passed Citizenship test/Interview was successful! - Day 197

01/26/17 - I am a US citizen!!! - Day 233

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good day everyone! Thank you for reading my post! I just wanted to know somebody else's opinion about my situation, because I am honestly lost, I don't know what to do anymore. I was married for almost 3 years. My husband, after the marriage, got very abusive. I can't even describe what kind of dirt he poured all over me every single day! He destroyed my clothes, my electronics, commited fraud using my name, got physical sometimes, he destroyed me! But it is not about me making a mistake of marrying that monster. Over a year ago he went to jail for domestic violence and some other cases related to that. he didn't stop harrasing me from the jail, even though there were several protection orders. he stopped now, because i had to move far away and he doesn't know where i live. he keeps threatening me to go to immigration and file a repost saying i offered him money to marry me and it was a fraud! I didn't! it is such a lie! He even said that in front of the divorce judge! said he would do everything possible to deport me. he got nothing from our divorce, so he got even angrier. i am sure the first stop on his way from jail will be the immigration office. we were married for almost 3 years, he signed all the papers on his own. i didn't forge anything! i already got my 10 year card. I assume there is no so much he can do, but I have been fighting against him for almost 5 years. i am tired, i just want him to leave me alone and i want to know is there is anything else he can do to hurt me even more. what will immigration do if he come in with that statement? he think he is entitled to decide if i can stay or not, because he is a citizen and i am just an immigrant. please please any advice will be very much appreciated! please!

Sorry you have to go thru this. Might be good to keep track of all the threats he still makes (from jail) and keep any records you have about the fraud he committed in your name-all the things that show what kind of a person he is. If you ever need it you will have it. Keep a current order of protection as well.

I think the other posters are correct. He signed papers saying his application for you was legit and it would be a crime otherwise. As the US citizen he would be making things much worse for himself to claim that story.

I know a lot of guys like this. Eventually they find another person to bother-but keep your distance from him, don't let him know where you live, don't post on FB, etc Maybe find a way to use a different name so your information won't be searchable.

I got a chuckle from hearing about your ex. What a moron! He doesn't even realize that by telling the authorities he accepted money for a green card, he would be admitting that he's guilty of fraud.

Relax...he can't do anything to you. Ignore him and get on with your life.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

When is he getting out of jail? I'm not concerned about any immigration aspect, but I am concerned about your safety. Just how much would he do to destroy your life? Does he have ANY ways of finding where you are? I'm truly sympathetic, but also very impressed with how much you've already done to protect yourself. stay strong (L)

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How do you know this if you have moved far away and cut off all contact?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

u need to be more concerned about your safety not the card. this person sounds like a very violent person. u need to stop communicating with him u are fueling him up to hurt u.

sunbeam

How do you know this if you have moved far away and cut off all contact?

I know all this because he is in jail for domestic violence and i had to go to court to tastify, so they kept me updated on what was going on. he was harrasing me via mail, email, phone calls, his friends and family. How do I know that he will go to immigration? he wrote lots and lots and lots of threatening emails to me making it clear that he will not stop after he gets out and he will go to the immigration. he also said that in the court after they asked if he would stop harrasing me, he said he would after he goes to immigration. I am not really worried about my card, i just already established myself here and i just don't have the money or strength to start over again! thank you for your response

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.