HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi everyone

I'm getting conflicting info regarding my question so I thought I'd post it here, just in case others are having the same questions.....

My interview is scheduled for April 26th:

1) Do I need to take the ORIGINAL I-129F approval notice to the interview with me (it states on my DS 160 I must bring the approval notice, but my fiance has the original and wants to know if it can be scanned and emailed and then printed by me)

2) The same goes for the updated letter of intent to marry. Can my finace again, scan and email it to me and I print it here, or must it be an original?

I'm hoping copies will suffice so we can avoid expensive courier fees to South African :-(

Thank you everyone, and congrats on all the approvals!

Filed: Timeline

Interview is in a couple of weeks. ?

My fiancé town in India has terrible phone connection so we just communicated through Internet by texts every day for about 2 years. I will be with her during her interview. Will it be a big deal if we just have a lot of chat logs and not lots of phone call records?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone

I'm getting conflicting info regarding my question so I thought I'd post it here, just in case others are having the same questions.....

My interview is scheduled for April 26th:

1) Do I need to take the ORIGINAL I-129F approval notice to the interview with me (it states on my DS 160 I must bring the approval notice, but my fiance has the original and wants to know if it can be scanned and emailed and then printed by me)

2) The same goes for the updated letter of intent to marry. Can my finace again, scan and email it to me and I print it here, or must it be an original?

I'm hoping copies will suffice so we can avoid expensive courier fees to South African :-(

Thank you everyone, and congrats on all the approvals!

A COPY OF THE NOA2 WILL SUFFICE.

THE LETTER OF INTENT SHOULD BE AN ORIGINAL AND UPDATED COPy. (Closer to the interview date)

Anyone else having a problem getting their I-94, when i go to the website to get it it says no data found after putting in wifes (was fiance) information

I accessed mine 2wks after my arrival here in the US and printed it without having any problem.

I didn't expect it to be this stressful to plan for a simple simple wedding!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A COPY OF THE NOA2 WILL SUFFICE.

THE LETTER OF INTENT SHOULD BE AN ORIGINAL AND UPDATED COPy. (Closer to the interview date)

I accessed mine 2wks after my arrival here in the US and printed it without having any problem.

I didn't expect it to be this stressful to plan for a simple simple wedding!!

Hi! were you able to apply for SSN with the I94?

:) a wedding is a lifetime event so I guess it will stressful for the bride no matter what.. get family and friends to help out.. good luck!

AOS/ AED/ AP:

(California Service Center, Chula Vista, San Diego, CA)

Filed: Aug 29

Receipt Date: Sept 2

NOA 1 Date: Sept 12 (received text/email)

NOA 1 copy rcvd: Sept 16

Biometrics Notice Date: Sept 17, received Sept 24

Biometrics Sched: Oct 5

Successful walk-in: Sept 26

Oct 13- Case ready to be scheduled for interview

EAD/AP approved - Nov. 1/2 / Received EAD/ AP Combo Card- Nov. 15

50days from NOA1/ 64 days from receipt date.

January 30-  USCIS Ap update, Interview sched on March 3, 2017

Jan 31 - received USCIS letter/ Notice for interview 

March 3- Interview, approved on the Spot

March 8 - received GC

Dec 2018 - To file ROC

My Blogs:

I-129F Petition Process

Medical Requirements

Medical Exam Experience

US Embassy Manila K1/K2 Interview Preparation Requirements and Instructions

Interview (K1 with 2 K2s)

CFO Guidance and Counseling (applicable to applicant from Philippines only)

My K1 Visa Journey

8 August 2015 - Sent I-129F Packet thru USPS

17 August 2015 - I -797C Notice date

20 August 2015 - Received printed copy of NOA1 dated Aug 17.

2 September 2015 - APPROVED! (14 working days from receipt date)

Dec. 21-22 - Medical DONE!

Jan 11, 2016 - Interview- APPROVED!

Jan 15 - Visa ISSUED!

Jan 21 - VISA ON HAND! (8 working days from interview)

March 21 - CFO / PDOS for K2s

June 1, 2016 - POE

July 18, 2016 - Married

I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ya, a week after i accesed and printed the i-94 i already applied for an SSN. Got my card in the mail after 3 business days.

The family and the friends are the ones stressing us out.

Hi! were you able to apply for SSN with the I94?

:) a wedding is a lifetime event so I guess it will stressful for the bride no matter what.. get family and friends to help out.. good luck!

Ya, a week after i accesed and printed the i-94 i already applied for an SSN. Got my card in the mail after 3 business days.

The family and the friends are the ones stressing us out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone. Just an update. My fiance arrived this past Thursday. She was able to get through immigration without any trouble. I was worried because she had no way to talk to me, her phone wouldn't connect to the wifi. When she arrived in Atlanta she was able to find me, which was amazing. She has loved every minute here so far, she has loved every restaurant i've taken her to and every store. We went to Taco Bell on Friday, she was a little scared because she thought it would be spicy. I had her get a crunchwrap and she liked it.

The past day we have been doing a lot of wedding planning. It is also interesting, I have probably spoken 10 minutes worth of English in the past 4 days. But I think it has really helped my Portuguese, I even had a dream that was completely in Portuguese. I am at work and all I want to do is spend more time with her. But I need to make that money for our wedding lol.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hi everyone. Just an update. My fiance arrived this past Thursday. She was able to get through immigration without any trouble. I was worried because she had no way to talk to me, her phone wouldn't connect to the wifi. When she arrived in Atlanta she was able to find me, which was amazing. She has loved every minute here so far, she has loved every restaurant i've taken her to and every store. We went to Taco Bell on Friday, she was a little scared because she thought it would be spicy. I had her get a crunchwrap and she liked it.

The past day we have been doing a lot of wedding planning. It is also interesting, I have probably spoken 10 minutes worth of English in the past 4 days. But I think it has really helped my Portuguese, I even had a dream that was completely in Portuguese. I am at work and all I want to do is spend more time with her. But I need to make that money for our wedding lol.

Yay! That's great! I know how you feel about working and just wanting to be with her. I've been married for 2 months (as of tomorrow) and I still love just being with my husband. Every minute. I watch the clock here at my job until I can go home! Going outside and watching him play soccer, watching soccer with him even though I still don't have a clue half the time of what's happening! Watching a movie with him. Taking a walk outside...pretty much all the things we couldn't do while dating we are doing now :D

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

Timeline

Yay! That's great! I know how you feel about working and just wanting to be with her. I've been married for 2 months (as of tomorrow) and I still love just being with my husband. Every minute. I watch the clock here at my job until I can go home! Going outside and watching him play soccer, watching soccer with him even though I still don't have a clue half the time of what's happening! Watching a movie with him. Taking a walk outside...pretty much all the things we couldn't do while dating we are doing now :D

Exactly. My fiance was a little sad last night because I had to go back to work. Being 8 months apart before Thursday, we just want to enjoy every minute we have with each other. I make the most of every moment and try to be more laid back than I already am lol. It is great to hear about everyone's adventure after this whole process. I can't wait to get married!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

A real trooper, did the entry on her own. I bet that was a little stressful. But good on Jaque. Try the 'fire' hot sauce at Taco Bell :-) Not spicy, just says fire.

I suppose it is lucky for us, Aisha has asked we just go to court for the wedding--small, nothing elaborate, no 'big show'. So I've deplaned the wedding down to 6 people, and a court house venue. I have learned about shopping, don't show...I've been told when I show a store, it is not to just look, you have to buy, so better not to show--otherwise it is my fault as it was explained to me.

Exactly. My fiance was a little sad last night because I had to go back to work. Being 8 months apart before Thursday, we just want to enjoy every minute we have with each other. I make the most of every moment and try to be more laid back than I already am lol. It is great to hear about everyone's adventure after this whole process. I can't wait to get married!

FACETIME---I never used it before, but now it is daily.

I know what you mean, I used to work 12 hours daily. Now I'm here 8, and rushing out the door like everyone else :-)

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Interview is in a couple of weeks. ?

My fiancé town in India has terrible phone connection so we just communicated through Internet by texts every day for about 2 years. I will be with her during her interview. Will it be a big deal if we just have a lot of chat logs and not lots of phone call records?

My guess is any log will suffice for on-going. We had no internet so no text, or facebook like everyone else. All we had were phone logs, and I was worried.

Which is opposite of you. But it was never mentioned.

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

A real trooper, did the entry on her own. I bet that was a little stressful. But good on Jaque. Try the 'fire' hot sauce at Taco Bell :-) Not spicy, just says fire.

I suppose it is lucky for us, Aisha has asked we just go to court for the wedding--small, nothing elaborate, no 'big show'. So I've deplaned the wedding down to 6 people, and a court house venue. I have learned about shopping, don't show...I've been told when I show a store, it is not to just look, you have to buy, so better not to show--otherwise it is my fault as it was explained to me.

I know what you mean, I used to work 12 hours daily. Now I'm here 8, and rushing out the door like everyone else :-)

Yeah I hear ya. Our wedding is only going to have about 25 people. LOL. I have already bought her more in 4 days then I have for myself in the past year. But she needed some of that stuff, only brought 2 bags. Isn't FaceTime and iphone app? Dang iphone... i'm an Android guy lol.

It was an experience for her yesterday, when we went to church it was 42 degrees. She had never felt any temperature below 60 in her whole life. I'm so glad I don't live up north, she would have been an ice cube. I'm actually planning on moving us near the beach in Florida this summer, since we both love hot weather and the beach. Only place in the US close to the climate she had in Rio.

Let us know when your wedding date is, mine is on May 7th. It is a great feeling to finally have this. We have all been through a lot. Does not feel to long ago that we were stressing about our Visa forms being in order etc. I wish you and everyone else many blessings for your new families.

Filed: Timeline

Yeah I hear ya. Our wedding is only going to have about 25 people. LOL. I have already bought her more in 4 days then I have for myself in the past year. But she needed some of that stuff, only brought 2 bags. Isn't FaceTime and iphone app? Dang iphone... i'm an Android guy lol.

It was an experience for her yesterday, when we went to church it was 42 degrees. She had never felt any temperature below 60 in her whole life. I'm so glad I don't live up north, she would have been an ice cube. I'm actually planning on moving us near the beach in Florida this summer, since we both love hot weather and the beach. Only place in the US close to the climate she had in Rio.

Let us know when your wedding date is, mine is on May 7th. It is a great feeling to finally have this. We have all been through a lot. Does not feel to long ago that we were stressing about our Visa forms being in order etc. I wish you and everyone else many blessings for your new families.

Same for my fiancé in India, it's a different world from their to here. She also has never felt temperatures colder than 60 and to her she needs a coat for that. She never seen in a store canned vegetables of fruit, never had a blueberry muffin before I got her one at the starbucks in dheli once. I had to explain to her that Pizza Hut isn't real pizza haha. She never had any Italian food. She has only tasted one kind of cheese. The roads here are very quiet compared to the loud constant honking in India, she has never seen a black person and only saw few white people before she met me.

She is going to be in a completely new world.

APPROVED !!! :)

My fiancee had her interview yesterday and it was approved.

She interviewed at the embassy in Abu Dhabi. She said the worst part was the wait before the interview. The interview itself was very short and the officer asked only a few basic questions like:

- how where did we meet

- how many times have we seen each other since we met

- what countries had she been to

- are you engaged.....? (strange question)

There were no fees that she had to pay. The officer kept a copy of my passport and some of my tax information from the past 3 years along with some of medical records she had brought. A swift "congratulations" and "you can pick up your visa on Monday", and it was done. Friendly, but to the point.

As stated many times before on VJ; the interview is not that difficult as long as you can be honest and not think about what the officer might "want" to hear.

I want say THANKS to all the people on VJ; asking the questions that so many of us (especially when you're new to the process) need answers to as well as all the contributors who shared their experiences and expertise in answering those questions.

You don't need an attorney, just a decent internet connection and basic reading/writing skills

Next stop: North Carolina, USA...as the journey continues

Good Luck to all

AOS/AD,EAD

2016-06-20 AOS/AP/EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

2016-06-22 Package received

2016-07-01 check cashed

2016-07-05 NOA1 email messages received

2016-07-08 received 3 NOA1 hard copies

2016-07-15 Biometrics letter received, scheduled for July 29

2016-07-19 Biometrics completed, walk-in at Morrisville, NC office

2016-07-25 All 3 receipt numbers start showing up online

2016-08-15 I-485 status changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

2016-08-27 Received notices that EAD and AP are approved

2016-09-03 Received I-797 approval notices for EAD/AP in the mail

2016-09-06 Received EAD/AP combo card

2016-09-22 Interviewed Sep. 22, Green card not approved due to missing paperwork

2016-09-26 Submitted missing documentation

2016-09-28 Received text messages for I-485 "new card ordered" and "case was approved"

​2016-09-29 Went o local office to have passport stamped with I-551

2016-10-05 Green card arrived via Priority Mail (105 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.