HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

My fiance is leaving tonight at 9:30. I am sooooo anxious. I am praying everything goes smoothly for her. She is arriving here at 11:00 tomorrow morning. It is very difficult for me to work right now when she is preparing for her adventure. At least I have tomorrow and Friday off to spend time with her and acclimate her to her new world.

Lol, that is funny Jaime. I know my fiance will say the same things. Except replace Dr. Pepper with Mountain Dew in my case. I hope my fiance likes Mexican. I tried to explain to my fiance that no one walks here unless you are inside a big city, she can't comprehend that. She walks everywhere or takes the bus. I live in the suburbs north of Atlanta and she said she wants to walk to the grocery store. I told her it is too far, but she doesn't believe me.

Awesome. I hope the POE goes smoothly for her!

Maybe you can get her a petal bike? We got my husband one so he doesn't have to take the car 2 miles down the road to visit his friends or go to the soccer field... and to save a few pennies on gas :P

Of course I also ride 2.5 miles to work so the car is free for him to use. The land is flat here so it's only a 10 minute ride anyway.

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Another call today to the NVC and still the same answer: "Administrative Processing". Our first NOA2 was on January 11th and after a date was incorrectly entered into the system and our case went back to USCIS... we received our 2nd NOA2 on February 9th. Our case returned to the NVC on 2/26 and was 'stuck' (supervisor admitted this to me) until 3/23. After speaking to countless supervisors and even reaching out to an Ohio Senator's case worker...still nothing. It appears my calling will continue..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

We receive today bad news, we just find out that our petition for I-129F was denied, they sent us by mail a letter with the explanation and the options that we have, I really feel down because I don't think only in myself and my fiancé, my main concern is our daughter, now she is going to be depress and sad, and that's make me feel so bad, we don't know the options that they say until we receive the notification by mail, I hope that you guys can be approved and I wish you all the best, God bless you all!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

We receive today bad news, we just find out that our petition for I-129F was denied, they sent us by mail a letter with the explanation and the options that we have, I really feel down because I don't think only in myself and my fiancé, my main concern is our daughter, now she is going to be depress and sad, and that's make me feel so bad, we don't know the options that they say until we receive the notification by mail, I hope that you guys can be approved and I wish you all the best, God bless you all!

Oh nooooo! I'm so sorry for that! That sucks! It doesn't mean the end so don't loose hope! Perhaps you can do the spouse visa route? Or move to his country and be there for a few years?

That was my plan if the fiancé visa didn't work out for us. I was ready to pack up and move, leave everything here, and shake the dust off my feet as I went. Anything to be with my now-husband as a family I was ready to do

I encourage to keep your chin up! There's more than one way to do immigrations, and certainly to be together

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Whaat did they say why?? I'm so sorry to hear! Hope you can marry and file for the spouse visa :(

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

JJGussiaas (Gush)

30 Mar 2016

Shawn&Jaque, on 30 Mar 2016 - 10:30 AM,

said:

" 'My fiance is leaving tonight at 9:30. I am sooooo

anxious. I am praying everything goes smoothly

for her. She is arriving here at 11:00 tomorrow

morning. It is very difficult for me to work right

now when she is preparing for her adventure. At

least I have tomorrow and Friday off to spend time

with her and acclimate her to her new world.

Lol, that is funny Jaime. I know my fiance will say

the same things. Except replace Dr. Pepper with

Mountain Dew in my case. I hope my fiance likes

Mexican. I tried to explain to my fiance that no

one walks here unless you are inside a big city,

she can't comprehend that. She walks everywhere

or takes the bus. I live in the suburbs north of

Atlanta and she said she wants to walk to the

grocery store. I told her it is too far, but she

doesn't believe me.'

Awesome. I hope the POE goes smoothly for her!

Maybe you can get her a petal bike? We got my

husband one so he doesn't have to take the car 2

miles down the road to visit his friends or go to the

soccer field... and to save a few pennies on gas

Of course I also ride 2.5 miles to work so the car is

free for him to use. The land is flat here so it's only a

10 minute ride anyway."

+1 on getting a bike! things that seem "too far" are often an easy bike ride away once you make the paradigm shift out of the car.

ha ha ha I have the opposite issue, Thai people don't walk anywhere, they'll take a moto taxi to go 2 blocks. I was the one that taught her to take the bus in Bangkok (she would always take taxi before). I am a stubborn car-free new Yorker, and will ride my bike an hr just about anywhere. fortunately she likes walking around this amazing city, and loves to ride the bike....when it gets warmer, that is. right now, 70°f is unacceptably cold for her, and it hasn't been nearly that warm most days.

and, she likes Mexican food, it's just not quite spicy enough for her ;)

@ wmelo25,

we are very sorry to hear of your troubles...you don't need to post details I'd you don't want to, but without more information the best this group can offer is sympathy rather than strategy.

peace and good luck to you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Lol...that's nice. Am happy for you and Aisha now together. My interview is April 7th. Looking forward to the goodnews.

6 Days! They will seem slow and yet fast...strange phenomenon. Keep spirits high, remember to just be yourself--no need to be anything other. :thumbs::thumbs::star::star::thumbs::thumbs:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Jaime & Aisha, on 21 Mar 2016 - 11:06 PM,

said:

Aisha and Niman crashed tonight at 7pm. it is

great to see them here, sleeping......

Yes I am exhausted, and somewhat still annoyed,

but seeing them here, sleeping........

Nothing else need be said---

yes, exactly jaime...and while nothing else need be said, I'm going to say more anyway... because when you see them there with you, everything else, the worry, the struggle, the fear that we've lived with in this process, it all just fades away and the love and joy of the new life you make together takes over. not that there won't be struggles to come, there will...but that's not my point, the struggle that passed is past, and disappears. if I can send out one message to those in this group still waiting, and to anyone who reads this in the future: use whatever you need to calm yourself, be it paper bags, copious writing, or just steely determination, there is nothing to worry about because when you see them there with you, it's a bliss I can't even describe...nothing else need be said!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

and, she likes Mexican food, it's just not quite spicy enough for her ;)

I used to make breakfast tacos for my office in Florida. I made 3 different spice levels:

1) Mexican (People who like real spice, generally non-white)

2) Tex-Mex (People, generally White, that grew up or lived a long time in Texas--New Mexico, Arizona, California do not understand either)

3) Anglo (White People, or generally older people with constant acid indigestion)

My apology for using race, but I've found over the years that the above is a general truism.

Any Mexican food we find in restaurants is geared for the masses, which means it is without much bite. You rarely find Habaneros, or even Serrano peppers used--mostly watered down Jalapenos (which equate to a dill pickle for spice lovers).

In Florida, I found no one who could even handle Tex-Mex level.

Real Tex-Mex will have a kick. I am told the same is true for Thai, and Indian. You have to stay away from the restaurants to find anything with real spice. Home cooking will never be beat :-)

:star:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: Timeline

I used to make breakfast tacos for my office in Florida. I made 3 different spice levels:

1) Mexican (People who like real spice, generally non-white)

2) Tex-Mex (People, generally White, that grew up or lived a long time in Texas--New Mexico, Arizona, California do not understand either)

3) Anglo (White People, or generally older people with constant acid indigestion)

My apology for using race, but I've found over the years that the above is a general truism.

Any Mexican food we find in restaurants is geared for the masses, which means it is without much bite. You rarely find Habaneros, or even Serrano peppers used--mostly watered down Jalapenos (which equate to a dill pickle for spice lovers).

In Florida, I found no one who could even handle Tex-Mex level.

Real Tex-Mex will have a kick. I am told the same is true for Thai, and Indian. You have to stay away from the restaurants to find anything with real spice. Home cooking will never be beat :-)

:star:

I am from/live in Texas so I was used to hot foods.....until I went see my fiancé in India. It's much hotter but it tastes so good you can't stop eating it.

Filed: Timeline

Proof of planned wedding venue or reciept for wedding venue?

I know of relatives and friends that can allow me and my fiancé to have small wedding at a church or at their house with large backyard. Do I really need to spend money on a venue just to get a reciept to show them at the interview?

@ landl

no, you absolutely do not need elaborate wedding plans/payments.

we submitted none, as did many (most?) others, and the embassy is aware that most people can't make plans because there is no way to know when the visa will be granted.

they want to know your relationship is real, and your presence at the interview (you can't go inside the embassy, but give your fiancee your passport as proof you are there) is more convincing than any wedding plan receipts (which can be faked anyway)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.