HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

IandI, on 27 Mar 2016 - 8:29 PM, said:

Scheduling interview day before going to get medical check.

Does it take weeks and weeks for medical place to give paperwork confirming medical check is ok? My fiancé is going for her medical check tomorrow and paying interview fee as well. Is this safe to do and can we choose a date of Intervire that is better for us?

Depends on your Embassy Requirements and since we can't tell what Embassy your processing through it's hard to answer that question. Please complete your profile to allow others to answer your question with certainty.

To complete your VJ Profile go to the upper right hand corner, select your name and under your name chose "my profile". Next under your picture you choose "Edit my Profile". Under profile settings scroll to the bottom of the page and you see two areas (Profile Information and Immigration Information) that accommodates vital additional information to help others in their reply to your question(s). Complete this section and we now know what country and visa you are chasing.

Next. Have you tried asking your question in the sub-forum for your country? There are many more "experts" there then in this section since many here are in the same process as you and the answer to your question can be different depending on the Embassy. All Embassy's do not process the same.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Timeline

Depends on your Embassy Requirements and since we can't tell what Embassy your processing through it's hard to answer that question. Please complete your profile to allow others to answer your question with certainty.

To complete your VJ Profile go to the upper right hand corner, select your name and under your name chose "my profile". Next under your picture you choose "Edit my Profile". Under profile settings scroll to the bottom of the page and you see two areas (Profile Information and Immigration Information) that accommodates vital additional information to help others in their reply to your question(s). Complete this section and we now know what country and visa you are chasing.

Next. Have you tried asking your question in the sub-forum for your country? There are many more "experts" there then in this section since many here are in the same process as you and the answer to your question can be different depending on the Embassy. All Embassy's do not process the same.

On my timeline it says consulate new dheli. That's India. My fiancé is going to pay the interview fee and then go for medical next day.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Aisha and Niman crashed tonight at 7pm. it is great to see them here, sleeping......

Yes I am exhausted, and somewhat still annoyed, but seeing them here, sleeping........

Nothing else need be said---

Congratulations! So happy they are there with you finally!

approved!! very few questions??

Congratulations!

Sorry if I missed anyone else. I've been MIA having some major paper bag moments, leading to me getting an emergency plane ticket today to fly to Turkey tomorrow. :( Major crisis going on with fiance's mother and her health. Hoping she is ok and really hoping I can still get him to his interview next week. As of now, the interview is up in the air. :cry: On top of that, his interview is in Ankara where there have been 3 major terrorist bombings in the last few months.

I was not planning to be there now, but I'm hoping this will all lead to me being told good news in person on April 7 (though the embassy says I can't enter for the interview itself).

So any support, prayers, karma, good juju, or whatever you each believe in, will be greatly appreciated! I couldn't have gotten this far without this group, so thank you all.

:thumbs:

AOS Journey

*Delay in filing due to typo on visa which took many calls, an InfoPass appointment, and about two months to resolve.

AOS/EAD/AP applications sent: 11/30/2016

NOA: 12/2/2016

RFE notice rec'd online: 12/21/2016

Biometrics appt. letter rec'd: 12/27/2016

RFE letter rec'd: 12/30/2016

Biometrics appointment: 1/4/2017

RFE response sent: 1/9/2017

RFE response receipt notice: 1/11/2017

Case status update text: 1/21/2017 (but no actual update available)

EAD/AP approval notice/card ordered (email and online): 2/13/2017

EAD/AP card mailed (e-notification): 2/15/2017

EAD/AP card received: 2/17/2017

Service request submitted: 7/11/2017

Service request processed: 8/4/2017

Service request response received (with no update): 8/9/2017

Interview letter received: 10/18/17

Interview appointment: 11/15/17

Approval: 11/15/17 

K1 Journey

Sent I-129F Packet: 11/25/2015
NOA1 (official date from hard copy): 12/2/2015

NOA1 e-notification: 12/3/2015

NOA2: 1/7/2016

Interview: 4/7/2016 - Approved!

Arrival: 5/30/2016 (POE Chicago O'Hare)

Marriage: 7/9/2016

Second (big) wedding: 11/12/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations! So happy they are there with you finally!

Congratulations!

Sorry if I missed anyone else. I've been MIA having some major paper bag moments, leading to me getting an emergency plane ticket today to fly to Turkey tomorrow. :( Major crisis going on with fiance's mother and her health. Hoping she is ok and really hoping I can still get him to his interview next week. As of now, the interview is up in the air. :cry: On top of that, his interview is in Ankara where there have been 3 major terrorist bombings in the last few months.

I was not planning to be there now, but I'm hoping this will all lead to me being told good news in person on April 7 (though the embassy says I can't enter for the interview itself).

So any support, prayers, karma, good juju, or whatever you each believe in, will be greatly appreciated! I couldn't have gotten this far without this group, so thank you all.

:thumbs:

Aww! Sorry to hear about your stress. Sending you positive thoughts!

My fiance has his medical in London on my birthday, April 14th. Yay! Moving along. Slow and steady. :dancing::luv:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

. yes, i was jumping and running towards where they had kept my bag and fone and i called david and i could feel his tears and thats when i cried..?? and jamie its so good to see your picture with 3 of you:) happy for you??

And I am happy for you guys! :thumbs::thumbs:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

My fiance has his medical in London on my birthday, April 14th. Yay! Moving along. Slow and steady. :dancing::luv:

I've read that the definition of Success is the progressive realization of a worthwhile dream or goal (also known as the "pursuit of happiness")

You guys are progressing towards that dream...barefoot across the path that is strewed with broken glass-- not so bad though

:thumbs::thumbs::star::star::thumbs::thumbs:

Timeline

Well I have to say after a week I have learned five things from Ms. (soon to be Mrs) Aisha.

1) There are a lot of cars in America

2) No one walks

3) A lot of 'big' people

4) Dr. Pepper (translation for Midwesterners--Pop) is not a daily requirement

5) Mexican food is not that good

That last one is a first. Everyone I've ever known, even those folks from up in the neither regions of the USA (Yankees), all love Mexican food. So, I am now learning to eat a lot of fruit, vegetables, fish/chicken, and rice--which I should have been doing anyway.

Edited by Jaime & Aisha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well I have to say after a week I have learned five things from Ms. (soon to be Mrs) Aisha.

2) No one walks

3) A lot of 'big' people

That last one is a first. Everyone I've ever known, even those folks from up in the neither regions of the USA (Yankees), all love Mexican food. So, I am now learning to eat a lot of fruit, vegetables, fish/chicken, and rice--which I should have been doing anyway.

Haha! That is so funny! Never met anyone that doesn't like Mexican food. My fiance loves it. That's the first thing he asks for when he comes to the US. She is right about everything else...lol :):lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

2) No one walks

3) A lot of 'big' people

Lol...that's nice. Am happy for you and Aisha now together. My interview is April 7th. Looking forward to the goodnews.

Filed: Timeline

2) No one walks

3) A lot of 'big' people

Yes all these things are very true and noticeable even to Americans that travel and come back America. Lots of big people and canned packaged food. My fiancé in India said she never tasted vegetables or fruit from a can before.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

we need to get a joint sponsor!! My fiances friend is single and he owns a business. Does anyone know if the 125% income requirement applies for the joint sponsor aswell?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Fiancé interview is scheduled in new dheli on April 20. We are so excited. She is nervous but I am not and I will be with her.

That's great. I think it really makes a difference if the USC can be there! I know it did for my husband's interview

we need to get a joint sponsor!! My fiances friend is single and he owns a business. Does anyone know if the 125% income requirement applies for the joint sponsor as well?

Yes, the 125% will apply for the joint sponsor as well

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiance is leaving tonight at 9:30. I am sooooo anxious. I am praying everything goes smoothly for her. She is arriving here at 11:00 tomorrow morning. It is very difficult for me to work right now when she is preparing for her adventure. At least I have tomorrow and Friday off to spend time with her and acclimate her to her new world.

Lol, that is funny Jaime. I know my fiance will say the same things. Except replace Dr. Pepper with Mountain Dew in my case. I hope my fiance likes Mexican. I tried to explain to my fiance that no one walks here unless you are inside a big city, she can't comprehend that. She walks everywhere or takes the bus. I live in the suburbs north of Atlanta and she said she wants to walk to the grocery store. I told her it is too far, but she doesn't believe me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.