HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

WOW just WOW.

Ok so obviously this was just the DREAM sequence now tell us what REALLY happened.

Seriously that was so crazy. a flat tire?

I love the part about the bicycle going by faster it's like when you are at the grocery store in a rush to check out and you are in the short line but the other longer lines are just moving WAY faster...

Excuse my ignorance but how in the last 4 months did I completely miss from all your post that AISHA had a son?

Is this something new you had not previously shared because I don't remember you ever posting about K-2 and the like.

My gal Jona has a son as well age 4 who will be coming with her this April to Seattle.

This is just an amazing story I can't tell how happy I am for you 3 and glad we are on the same thread.

Finally this part literally brought a tear to my eye.

Aisha told me later that during her panic attack that Niman told her to stay, but he was going to the embassy to get his visa so he could go with his father.

How precious.

Well enjoy the rest of your trip.

I've not been around too much on the board lately are you bringing them back with you I assume?

Take care Jaime

Tyler

You are correct I didn't, sorry. No excuse for me. He is already a minime :) He is the trooper.

Yes, it happened just like that, sorry I couldn't express the frustration and stress level.

They will remain in Ethiopia for 3 weeks, to say bye to family. Aisha informed me I am buying a cow for the festivities :rofl:

Thank you!!! :thumbs::thumbs::star::star::thumbs::thumbs:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Congrats Jaime & Aisha and lil Man Niman, God Bless. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by A56 & A69

A56

CRI-1 Journey

I-130 Sent: July 2nd, 2014
I-130 NOA1: July 14, 2014
I-130 Approved: December 15, 2014
NVC Received: December 29th, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: February 18, 2015
Receive IV Bill: April 17th, 2015
Sent IV Package and AOS Package: April 20th, 2015 (Completed before April 15th, 2015 with only 2011, 12 and 2013 Tax

Doc's,** but have my 2014 ready at the Interview if asked**)

SCAN DATE: ???

CC Date: July 06th, 2015 as of 1/19/2016 still awaiting.

CC Email: July 13th, 2015 Via Email @ 1 am in the morning.

Interview email: NEVER CAME

Interview Date: March , 2016

Interview results:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations Jaime, was thinking about you on the day of your interview and have been waiting to hear your story. I knew it was going to be a good one and you sure didn't disappoint us.

I agree, when the first shot is fired, the plans go out the window... e.g. forgotten medical file in my case.

As to financial support, in my petition I included bank statements showing transactions in thailand from a credit card (debit card) I left my fiancee. I just supplied a little extra money to make her life more pleasant, my fiancee has her own income and can and has lived off of that just fine. (FYI military wages are about $500 / month - above average for thailand) It didn't seem to affect my petition negatively at all.

I was touched by the fact that your son was going to go to the embassy.

So happy it all worked out in the end!

8e2269970c5edef0fe576b98a7be1ed2bf81e3a4

event.png

Timeline

Congratulations Jaime, was thinking about you on the day of your interview and have been waiting to hear your story. I knew it was going to be a good one and you sure didn't disappoint us.

I agree, when the first shot is fired, the plans go out the window... e.g. forgotten medical file in my case.

As to financial support, in my petition I included bank statements showing transactions in thailand from a credit card (debit card) I left my fiancee. I just supplied a little extra money to make her life more pleasant, my fiancee has her own income and can and has lived off of that just fine. (FYI military wages are about $500 / month - above average for thailand) It didn't seem to affect my petition negatively at all.

I was touched by the fact that your son was going to go to the embassy.

So happy it all worked out in the end!

8e2269970c5edef0fe576b98a7be1ed2bf81e3a4

Seems like you and I think alike. I gave her a debt card as well, for a bank account I set up for her use in the USA. She only withdrew when needed. Seemed logical to me, since we are going to be setting it up like this as a married couple anyway. Also found it cheaper than Western Union. You see I read to much

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/282542-can-i-use-money-transfer-receipt-as-evidence-in-k1-visa/

I would have traded for the "forgot the medical' experience. I have a lot of new gray hair :sleepy:

If I ever do get that 'normal' life that I dream of, it will probably be so strange and boring that I won't like it so much. :reading:

Thanks again, and it feels good

Congrats Jaime & Aisha and lil Man Niman, God Bless. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

thank you!!!!

Timeline

Jaime- congratulations!

"either everything goes according to plan, or there is a story". in this case, a great story with a happy ending....and the best is this is just the beginning of a longer and more beautiful story of you and her (and your son)

cheers!

Yeap, you are dead on....stories make up the zest of life anyway.

Living up to Aisha's evaluation that I am a living Hindi movie... :rofl:

Thanks!!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Bs3uHGhIo

Congrats!

Thanks!

Timeline

Awww JAIME congratulations....hahaha and the COW idea is really cute

Cow for the town fiesta--not cute for the cow :rofl:

congrats am super happy for both of u !!

How many days for you guys?

How is the AOS going for anyone?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, im new here. Im from the Philippines and same as you guys. We filed our case last November 2015. I just check our status and it still the same until now. Are we going to wait or we need to call or take action about it? Thank you In advance for all the replies.Godbless! :)

Hello, im new here. Im from the Philippines and same as you guys. We filed our case last November 2015. I just check our status and it still the same until now. Are we going to wait or we need to call or take action about it? Thank you In advance for all the replies.Godbless! :)

Everybody has been quiet lately

SeySey you meant your case is still not approved or just waiting for nvc?

Cow for the town fiesta--not cute for the cow :rofl:

JAIME yes it is really cute since for us Filipinos we would have a pig hahaha?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I'm leaving on Thursday March 3rd. I just want to make sure if these are the correct documents that should be hand carried:

1. Passport (with visa)

2. Plane ticket

3. Yellow packet from USEM

4, CFO certificate/ CFO sticker

5. Vaccination form

6. Xray CD

Do i nee dto print and fill put a customs declaration form??

@ abisflores no need to print customs declaration, they will be available in the plane and in the airport

we fly on the 2nd...very excited

congratulations and have a great flight!

@ seysey. you don't say what you have filed for nor where in the process you are.

please fill out your timeline so we can help you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.