HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You're right. IT IS SCHEDULED. I did put down the paper bag long enough last night to get a bottle of wine and celebrate. :D

I WISH you were right about the 30/50 days. But our embassy requires all documents (including the support docs) to be mailed in and received at the embassy 15 days prior to the interview. They don't say whether it's 15 calendar days or business days, but to be safe I should assume business days. Which means they have to arrive no later than March 15th, and will have to be mailed express by March 10th. If I can send a scanned copy of everything (of course they don't specify), that gives me until March 9th. But if they need to be originals, I'd have to mail (somewhat express) by March 1st.

So....looks like I need a job...tomorrow. LOL. Paper bag please!! :rofl::cry:

Thank you thank you!

Congrats Tyler and Abisflores! Great news! :dancing::dancing:

Thanks and congrats to all the other couples who recently were approved. Now time to look for some flights.

Tyler

Filed: Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi everyone, Right now the current Form 1-134 Affidavit of support expires on 2/29/16. Our interview is March 9th 2016. I am filling this form out now and also having my parents fill out one,

(I currently meet the income requirements but in previous years was in college so did not, so just in case they are filling out the same form for my fiance)

The problem is I leave on Wednesday. Does this mean my Form 1-134 and more importantly my parents will be considered invalid?

Hello J I've been following everyone's journey here but haven't yet posted myself. I'm the USC but am currently living in the UK with my fiancé and we plan on moving to the US to marry, live and work. I have a job lined up in the US to start in June and plan to travel back in June to re-establish my residency and start the new job.

We have received NOA2 (i-129F approval) and are now awaiting a case number and information from the London embassy. My fiancé doesn’t plan to move to the US until September for various reasons and we’re planning an October wedding.

Our approval notice is valid until 7 June; however we have planned for my fiancé to travel to the US in mid-June for a visit to handle some of the wedding plans in-person with me.

Our immigration lawyer has advised that delaying the interview is not recommended as it raises red flags about our relationship (which is a bit absurd seeing as we’ve been together for over 7 years and currently live together..). And he believes that my fiancé could travel to the US on his ESTA in June while also being in possession of the K-1 visa, as long as he clearly states that he wishes to enter on the ESTA, not the K-1.

It’s my belief that delaying the interview won’t be much of an issue, especially as the London embassy simply requires an updated intent to marry to re-validate the approval notice. And I think we would be much more comfortable doing this, instead of risking him travelling to the US and being forced to use the K-1 when our affairs won’t be in order or ready for him to move!

How would you recommend proceeding?

I realise many of you are anxiously awaiting visa approval to see one another again so it’s rare for anyone to try and delay the process. But if you have any knowledge of experience with this situation please do let me know!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

OMG.... 26 days have passed since our NOA2 and NVC still hasn't received our case... is this normal?!?!?!! All the timelines I've checked got their case numbers from NVC within 2-3 weeks from the NOA2 and ours... no light in sight :cry:

Arrived OH USA last Feb 20... working on to finish the house and prepare the wedding.

Congratulations to all approvals. More approvals!!! :)

Visa timeline
CSC :goofy:(L)
I-129f sent 11/10/15
NOA 1 received 11/13/15

NOA 2 email/text 12/16/15

NOA 2 mail 12/21/15

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone, Right now the current Form 1-134 Affidavit of support expires on 2/29/16. Our interview is March 9th 2016. I am filling this form out now and also having my parents fill out one,

(I currently meet the income requirements but in previous years was in college so did not, so just in case they are filling out the same form for my fiance)

The problem is I leave on Wednesday. Does this mean my Form 1-134 and more importantly my parents will be considered invalid?

Hmmm...good question. Thanks for pointing this out! I gave my fiancé the current Form I-134 when he went back to Brazil last week, but our interview will be after the expiration date of the current Form I-134. I'm interested in what people have to say in reply to your post. Do you know if a new Form I-134 has been posted?

Also, based on the instructions here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-134 previous editions of the form are currently accepted. Hopefully that's the case after 1/29/16!

Edited by D + S

LoveinUganda, on 22 Feb 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

They will continue to accept the form even if it is expired. They want you to roll over to the new form once it becomes available. BUT, if you have submitted the old form there is no need to redo a new form.

If you meet the income requirements there is no need for a co-sponsor as you will be wasting time. If your employment, W-2's, IRS 1040 (line 22) and wage stubs all show that you are meeting or exceeding the income requirement then you are still good to go. Only do what do will do.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hey Jaime, I am trying to get all of my files together before I leave the country wednesday to go be with my fiance for her medical and interview. I am wondering

Embassy confirmation and instruction letter - ---------This is the one that says we recieved your case blah blah blah, whats the instruction letter?

Visa Application and Interview Confirmation -----------I thought this was the DS160 Barcode page, but on a different section you have that...what is this one??

Thanks

kt101, on 22 Feb 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

Hello J I've been following everyone's journey here but haven't yet posted myself. I'm the USC but am currently living in the UK with my fiancé and we plan on moving to the US to marry, live and work. I have a job lined up in the US to start in June and plan to travel back in June to re-establish my residency and start the new job.

We have received NOA2 (i-129F approval) and are now awaiting a case number and information from the London embassy. My fiancé doesn’t plan to move to the US until September for various reasons and we’re planning an October wedding.

Our approval notice is valid until 7 June; however we have planned for my fiancé to travel to the US in mid-June for a visit to handle some of the wedding plans in-person with me.

Our immigration lawyer has advised that delaying the interview is not recommended as it raises red flags about our relationship (which is a bit absurd seeing as we’ve been together for over 7 years and currently live together..). And he believes that my fiancé could travel to the US on his ESTA in June while also being in possession of the K-1 visa, as long as he clearly states that he wishes to enter on the ESTA, not the K-1.

It’s my belief that delaying the interview won’t be much of an issue, especially as the London embassy simply requires an updated intent to marry to re-validate the approval notice. And I think we would be much more comfortable doing this, instead of risking him travelling to the US and being forced to use the K-1 when our affairs won’t be in order or ready for him to move!

How would you recommend proceeding?

I realise many of you are anxiously awaiting visa approval to see one another again so it’s rare for anyone to try and delay the process. But if you have any knowledge of experience with this situation please do let me know!

:no: Your lawyer is wrong. It will have no effect on your getting an approved visa. Your application is good for one year. It renews every 4 months till the expiration date of one year. So, if it is your desire to take your time, then you can take your time.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

kikibooboo, on 22 Feb 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

OMG.... 26 days have passed since our NOA2 and NVC still hasn't received our case... is this normal?!?!?!! All the timelines I've checked got their case numbers from NVC within 2-3 weeks from the NOA2 and ours... no light in sight :cry:

Is it normal...? No as most are trending about 45 days. Is it still within USCIS processing time yes, which in their eyes your case is still within the window of "normal" processing. So yes it is normal. That's government talk for handing out "tough love".

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

D + S, on 22 Feb 2016 - 1:33 PM, said:

Hmmm...good question. Thanks for pointing this out! I gave my fiancé the current Form I-134 when he went back to Brazil last week, but our interview will be after the expiration date of the current Form I-134. I'm interested in what people have to say in reply to your post. Do you know if a new Form I-134 has been posted?

Also, based on the instructions here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-134 previous editions of the form are currently accepted. Hopefully that's the case after 1/29/16!

They will not cease to except the "old" form even if it is past the expiration date. Unless of course your Embassy requires you to use the new form. Having said that, if you are not able to use the new form because it is not been made available then use the old form.

tab_USA, on 22 Feb 2016 - 3:31 PM, said:

Just waiting for the approval for our application, the rfe was recieved Wednesday of last week. All prayers are welcome that we get approved this week! :-)

Normal turnaround time is 10 business days but it can be longer. Patience. :pop:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Can I make appointment at the embassy when my paperwork is on the way to the embassy? Or do I have to wait until they notify that they received it??

u need to wait untill they get it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.