HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hey guys!

Congrats to all of you that have had their interview and all those that will be having it soon :)

I received Packet 3 today. They're only asking for the I-134 form. I will only send the tax returns for 2015.. hes already sent his employment letter and pay stubs.

In his tax return it says he is earning at around $20000, BUT his adjusted gross income is very very veeeerrrry low. Do they look at his expenses or do they just want to see that he earns $20000??

His income for support in the I-134 is what he is currently making, as will be described in the employment letter and paystubs; or assets. You will note in the I-134 there is no requirement to provide the tax return. The tax return is to show he is compliant with the law to pay his taxes.

Somehow everyone has gotten the tax return and financial support requirement all mixed up.

That is my opinion based on what I have read....

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

You pick one, and then provide the evidence---note there is no mention of tax returns (unless it is the basis from self-employment), because this is not a mortgage :rofl:

Evidence should consist of copies of any of the documents listed below that apply to your situation.

Submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources, as appropriate:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details regarding the account:

1. Date account opened;
2. Total amount deposited for the past year; and

3. Present balance.

B. Statement(s) from your employer on business stationery showing:

1. Date and nature of employment;
2. Salary paid; and
3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

C. If self-employed:
1. Copy of last income tax return filed; or

2. Report of commercial rating concern.

Edited by Jaime & Aisha

Jaime & Aisha, on 18 Feb 2016 - 11:39 PM, said:Jaime & Aisha, on 18 Feb 2016 - 11:39 PM, said:

His income for support in the I-134 is what he is currently making, as will be described in the employment letter and paystubs; or assets. You will note in the I-134 there is no requirement to provide the tax return. The tax return is to show he is compliant with the law to pay his taxes.

Somehow everyone has gotten the tax return and financial support requirement all mixed up.

That is my opinion based on what I have read....

They will only look at line 22 of the 1040 for GROSS income to determine if current history supports the poverty level along with employment letter, W2's and current pay stubs. All these documents will give the CO the knowledge required to support their decision.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

You pick one, and then provide the evidence---note there is no mention of tax returns (unless it is the basis from self-employment), because this is not a mortgage :rofl:

Evidence should consist of copies of any of the documents listed below that apply to your situation.

Submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources, as appropriate:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details regarding the account:

1. Date account opened;

2. Total amount deposited for the past year; and

3. Present balance.

B. Statement(s) from your employer on business stationery showing:

1. Date and nature of employment;

2. Salary paid; and

3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

C. If self-employed:

1. Copy of last income tax return filed; or

2. Report of commercial rating concern.

Just a note...this may vary from embassy to embassy. My packet 3 instructions provide a list of documents we are required to submit as evidence for the i-134 and my list is different than this one from Jaime. Mine does indicate tax returns are required. So if you got a packet 3, double check and see if it lists the specifics for your embassy or check your embassy's website to be safe. :thumbs:

AOS Journey

*Delay in filing due to typo on visa which took many calls, an InfoPass appointment, and about two months to resolve.

AOS/EAD/AP applications sent: 11/30/2016

NOA: 12/2/2016

RFE notice rec'd online: 12/21/2016

Biometrics appt. letter rec'd: 12/27/2016

RFE letter rec'd: 12/30/2016

Biometrics appointment: 1/4/2017

RFE response sent: 1/9/2017

RFE response receipt notice: 1/11/2017

Case status update text: 1/21/2017 (but no actual update available)

EAD/AP approval notice/card ordered (email and online): 2/13/2017

EAD/AP card mailed (e-notification): 2/15/2017

EAD/AP card received: 2/17/2017

Service request submitted: 7/11/2017

Service request processed: 8/4/2017

Service request response received (with no update): 8/9/2017

Interview letter received: 10/18/17

Interview appointment: 11/15/17

Approval: 11/15/17 

K1 Journey

Sent I-129F Packet: 11/25/2015
NOA1 (official date from hard copy): 12/2/2015

NOA1 e-notification: 12/3/2015

NOA2: 1/7/2016

Interview: 4/7/2016 - Approved!

Arrival: 5/30/2016 (POE Chicago O'Hare)

Marriage: 7/9/2016

Second (big) wedding: 11/12/2016

CEAC site now says ISSUED and his visa is in final processing. Does this really mean we're just waiting for it in the mail? Am I really Gona be with him??

Timeline

Just a note...this may vary from embassy to embassy. My packet 3 instructions provide a list of documents we are required to submit as evidence for the i-134 and my list is different than this one from Jaime. Mine does indicate tax returns are required. So if you got a packet 3, double check and see if it lists the specifics for your embassy or check your embassy's website to be safe. :thumbs:

My apology. You are correct. As well as Sir Greenbaum has indicated they may look at the gross as additional proof--but as they are reviewing all the government databases why don't they know this already? Makes one go hmmmmmmm.

But as far as the list from Jaime, I am not so creative, but I do appreciate the vote of confidence on that part. I supported US government, and state governments in various functions, which taught me to be a great plagerizer. I cut and paste most everything.

That list is direct from the I-134 instructions. Just wanting to make it clear that the I-134 does not require it (them), except for self-employment.

2014 means nothing as far as income for 2015. So if you want to use tax forms to prove income you need to use the latest; 2015. Unless that packet 3 says to use older ones. Understand the purpose, and the answers show themselves.

As you correctly state, include the tax forms as is listed. I of course included 3 years (2013, 2014, 2015), because we should be trying to include more than is requested in order to avoid any questions.

I stand corrected. Thanks!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by Jaime & Aisha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

17th feb interview

18th feb AP

19th feb issued

The interview questions:

1. What do i currently do? Where did i work before?

2. Where do i know my fiance?

3. When did we start talking

4. Where does he live

5. Where he works, what type of job

6. Where did we go when he was here

7. When did he come recently

8. How many times did we met

9. How was the medical check experience?

10. Question about his past relationship

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Oh btw, they only asked about my birth cert and the translated version, passport, ds160 confirmation, medical check up result, affidavit of support, 1 year tax and bank statement, 2 pas photo, they dont ask about any letter of intent to married, nor evident of the relationship. They didnt give any option in what language the interview will be used

Sars, on 19 Feb 2016 - 12:14 AM, said:

CEAC site now says ISSUED and his visa is in final processing. Does this really mean we're just waiting for it in the mail? Am I really Gona be with him??

1f526ce47765bc748e429bf401e37bed05ded595

Yes it means it is in final processing. Check the status with the following instructions.

Track Your Visa from USEM to 2GO. PLUS!

TRACK YOUR VISA/PASSPORT AT THE EMBASSY

State Dept. visa tracking: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx? (not updated or as detailed as the USEM website)

Here is a link for requirements for receiving your passport and the visa, there are also options for tracking the status of your visa/passport and where it is currently. You can also change delivery options. http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions

If your application was temporarily refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, you can now check the status of your application online. http://manila.usembassy.gov/adminprocessing2.html

TRACK YOUR PASSPORT/VISA THROUGH 2GO

http://supplychain.2...trace/index.asp Enter your UID number off the embassy confirmation letter (online confirmation page by bar code).

2GO CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR CHECKING DELIVERY

2Go customer service hotline (+632) 5287-136 is available Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

NOA2!!!!! NOA2!!!!! We were approved yesterday! Worth the wait! Happy Friday all :dancing::luv::wub:

:goofy::goofy: :goofy: :thumbs::thumbs::star::star::thumbs::thumbs:

INTERVIEW

5 Days 15 Hours 25 Minutes 40, 38, 37...sec

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

NOA2!!!!! NOA2!!!!! We were approved yesterday! Worth the wait! Happy Friday all :dancing::luv:

HooraaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey kiki. Voce fala ingles muito bem. Have any tips for my fiance about learning English? Did you take a class, or self study?

I did take English classes, I studied at Wise Up, Jaque has probably heard of it =)

But I also spent a very long time in Europe and Australia, so that improved my English tremedously - pulling out a "Trump" here hahaha -, so my advice is speak speak speak. If she has zero knowledge of it, a class is absolutely going to work better than self study. I also speak Dutch and first I started studying it all by myself, but once I started taking classes, my performance improved considerably.

Overall, taking classes is the best option, not to mention it would also be a great way for her to make friends!

And you, Shawn, be really patient with her and don't make any fun of her mistakes, cause it will make her go back in her shell and feel bad about herself. Just talk, talk, talk, that's the best way you can help.

PS.: sorry for the late response ! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.