HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Last year I spent 2.5 months here in Hartford with my fiance, as he works very closeby, he would come home for lunch we would spend that one hour together... then, he would come home at 5ish and from then on we'd go out to dinner or cook home. During the day, I would go to the gym in the morning and bust my *** studying English and enriching my vocabulary - I already speak English - and want to become an interpreter/translator. I also love crafts so I'd sit at home for a few hours and do my crochet/knit/embroidery and the days flew by. Now I'm here for a second visit, it's already been 3 weeks since I made it to our H-Town and I spent the first 2 weeks of my stay here just working on a cross stitch embroidery project, a set of 2 towels with our names on it. I finally finished it last night and gave to my boo boo as a late Valentine's Day gift. Last week I got a terrible flu as well, so I had to literally stay in bed for 2 full days. I had Panera chicken noodle soup, which was pretty good though :dancing:

Next week he will restart his GMAT studies so I'll be lonely and bored again... planning on catching up with my Netflix series and study some more English. (L)

Hey kiki. Voce fala ingles muito bem. Have any tips for my fiance about learning English? Did you take a class, or self study?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Just got the first available interview date at the embassy in Abu Dhabi; April 5th. Two long months of waiting ahead of us, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel

CONGRATS!! i know the wait can seem forever but like you said, there is a light at the end of this! hope time flies for you guys.

My visa approved per yesterday, February 17th.

WOOOO!!! congrats!! tell us about the interview!

Hey guys, one question! Since K1 holders wont be able to work for 3 months, do you guys have any plan as of what you are gonna do in the meantime? Just sit at home or what?? Im sure I wont be able to do that so I was thinking of volunteering in a non-profit or something. Any thoughts on that?? :)

I graduated from the US, but came back to my country so in the meantime I'm thinking of being an intern in the field I want to work in, gets me experience, gives me something to do, plus looks good on my resume :)

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Omg I'm really freaking out. His visa is now on administrative processing. Some say people get denied while on that process. ?

Don't worry too much every case goes through this

And also can you fill in your timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

INTERVIEW

6 Days 10 Hours 46 Minutes 22 Seconds

I spoke to Aisha today. She is finished with paperwork. Today was the first time she said she is now worried about the embassy. She said if they do not approve it is okay--that is just her talking.

I told her not to worry, I have everything she will need to be ready. All the documents, all the information on the procedure at the embassy, all the possible questions. There is nothing to worry about. I told her there are people from around the globe (you guys) who have helped with all of this, so it is just not us alone.

She said she doesn't know which documents to give, what to do with those. I told her no need to know, all is organized and in order in the notebook. All she has to do is hand the table of contents page to them and they will pick and point out what they want--easy. When they ask for pictures, just hand the other book--it will fit under the window.

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

Jaime is your interview the 24th?

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

AOS

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Done and in love (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay! Interview scheduled at Vancouver for March 22nd. Now I just need to make sure everything is together for it document wise. I get to go with her, though ^^

I actually have the month of March 9th through April 8th off of work, so I'm just going to drive up to spend some time before and after the interview, at which point we can (hopefully) drive back after with the approved visa. I wonder if it's any different as far as entry when driving; I've never crossed a border via ground and I wonder how much more so is involved with activating her visa there.

Good to see the other interview schedules and approvals in here :thumbs:

Timeline

Jaime is your interview the 24th?

25th. The countdown is based upon the time there :thumbs:

Timeline

Sorry I didn't want to count the hours haha. I'm the 26th!!! I will be gone from this forum for a week just so it can help me relax a bit I'm having trouble sleeping ha ha.

Best of luck to all who have interviews, and all who are waiting on Noa2s may this upcoming week be your week!

:goofy::goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

K1 Visa

AOS

Done and in love (L)

Timeline

One minor item, very minor that is pending. A friend is working on getting to me police background certs for the time we spent in another country. She nor I lived there. I worked there. And she visited several times. But does not meet the 1 year requirement for either one of us. Also, it is a no-visa country for her, so there is no documentation of her moving back and forth and when. For me I don't have that Passport any longer, but I have a feeling the State Dept knows I didn't live there; and this isn't a question about me anyway.

Time can be a technicality that can be questioned, or administrative reviewed. So I hope to have that police cert by this weekend, as I am told. I can add that to the file in case there is a question.

If not ready, then it is minor, not required, and certainly not a deal breaker.

What else?

Sorry I didn't want to count the hours haha. I'm the 26th!!! I will be gone from this forum for a week just so it can help me relax a bit I'm having trouble sleeping ha ha.

Best of luck to all who have interviews, and all who are waiting on Noa2s may this upcoming week be your week!

:goofy::goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

You too!!!! All is good. Tick tock tick tock :thumbs::thumbs:

Hope to hear from you soon---

6 days, 9 hours, 11 minutes 39 seconds, 38, 37, 36, 35.... :jest:

:D:D:D :D :D

Timeline

gearing up for the AOS/EAD/AP to hopefully have it sent by end next week. All that is between now and then is getting an SSN so I can add him to my bank accounts. Already added him to my medical and dental insurance and apt rental agreement! Little nervous about the DS-2035 vaccinations page as it's quite dark buuuuuuut I'mma send that anyway cuz that's what the doc gave him.

*Cue "The Final Countdown" *

:thumbs::thumbs: Keep us posted please :star::star:

Cued up as requested :pop:

Sars, on 18 Feb 2016 - 3:15 PM, said:Sars, on 18 Feb 2016 - 3:15 PM, said:

Omg I'm really freaking out. His visa is now on administrative processing. Some say people get denied while on that process. ?

Just about everyone gets this. Based on the discussions I had with the case officer he informed me of the steps for Embassy Manila:

the first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa

the first ready is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance

the second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork

the second ready is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Then "issue" is posted and the visa has left the BIG house to YOUR house.

Once you get that second ready, it should be sent out within a few days, although we received our visa before any of the various websites that allow you to look up the status said that it had been sent out.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hey guys!

Congrats to all of you that have had their interview and all those that will be having it soon :)

I received Packet 3 today. They're only asking for the I-134 form. I will only send the tax returns for 2015.. hes already sent his employment letter and pay stubs.

In his tax return it says he is earning at around $20000, BUT his adjusted gross income is very very veeeerrrry low. Do they look at his expenses or do they just want to see that he earns $20000??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.