HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance called NVC today for the first time.. they gave him our Case number and invoice number.. and they also told him that it was just forwarded to Manila Embassy today. We are so happy.

Filed: Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi guys I just want to confirm with everyone, We got our correspondence from Nairobi today and they are ready for us to schedule interview. They sent me to this page as well.

Visa Interview Preparation Instructions

K1 Visa Packet for Fiances

Do I need the thing that say Visa interview preparation instructions as well as the K1? Or Just whats under K1? In other words do I need to do DS-260 AND I-864 as well as everything else or do you interpret this page as thats what regular immigration visas are but for K1 visas only need I-134, DS160, medical contacts, and photos,

Thank you !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

so r u done with the medical and police !

No. Will start this week. Aisha got there today.

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

INTERVIEW

15 days,

6 hours,

Jaime, you keep making me nervous with these posts! You know my interview is the same day. :clock:

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15

NOA1 - 11/18/15

NOA2 - 12/24/15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi guys I just want to confirm with everyone, We got our correspondence from Nairobi today and they are ready for us to schedule interview. They sent me to this page as well.

Visa Interview Preparation Instructions

K1 Visa Packet for Fiances

Do I need the thing that say Visa interview preparation instructions as well as the K1? Or Just whats under K1? In other words do I need to do DS-260 AND I-864 as well as everything else or do you interpret this page as thats what regular immigration visas are but for K1 visas only need I-134, DS160, medical contacts, and photos,

Thank you !

This is awesome to know! Thanks!

Timeline

:diablo::diablo: This morning at 03:38 I nearly, probably did, experience a heart attack.

Aisha had not arrived in Addis as of yesterday, her phone was not working for the past 4 days, and so I had no idea where she was at. Her cousin has been in Addis since Monday, and he told me not to worry because this is Ethiopia. Nothing works, and everything is slow. Especially trying to get transportation from their town.

But for those of you who have had to endure me since the beginning of this thread you know I am a worrier. Not in my normal everyday life, only for this one thing. And I like schedules.

I have read (my biggest problem is I read to much) that there are a lot of K-1 visa applicants that drop out of the process due to cold feet, etc. This has been playing in the back of my mind this whole time. :cry2:

Poor cousin, he had to deal with my messages about this and that. I guess I was not being very discreet about my stress, because he would ask me if I am ok. :no:

Then last night at 03:38 I wake up with a pain in my chest. Acid probably, but still at my age you never know. Anyway I call Aisha, and she picks up the phone.

I ask her the normal stuff, then ask where she was at. She says "at home". I ask "why", you are supposed to be in Addis for the medical. She says she is sick, and can not go. I am trying to remain calm, but I am pretty sure my blood pressure was shooting through the roof. My nightmare of her getting cold feet was coming true.

I ask her if she was going to go to Addis for the visa, and come be with me. She said, "no, I stay home", and then hung up on me. :crying:

I do my best to remain calm. Go to the kitchen, drink some water. Come back to bed, get out my PSP (for you young folks that is the Sony Playstation handheld from 2001) and play a round of golf at the Saltgrass. I finish. And then call her cousin to tell him I think we are done.

He answers, but his voice sounds strange. I tell him Aisha is still at home. He says, no she is there with him. My heart dropped 20 stories, or hit the wall at 100mph--either one. I say what? He says she got there about an hour ago, and she can speak to me if I want. I said no. I told him what she has said to me. I could hear him smiling through the phone. He said we are going for lunch, she is here. I said thank you, I am going to sleep now..... :girlwerewolf2xn:

I am sooooo easy a mark it isn't even funny.

Today she sent me a picture of the dress she wants me to get her for her interview :pop::pop::pop: :pop:

And so this is what I am going to have to live with for the rest of my life, a practical joker that is better at it than me. :wub:

I hope now to only survive long enough to see this dang visa......... <_<

Edited by Jaime & Aisha

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:diablo::diablo: This morning at 03:38 I nearly, probably did, experience a heart attack.

Aisha had not arrived in Addis as of yesterday, her phone was not working for the past 4 days, and so I had no idea where she was at. Her cousin has been in Addis since Monday, and he told me not to worry because this is Ethiopia. Nothing works, and everything is slow. Especially trying to get transportation from their town.

But for those of you who have had to endure me since the beginning of this thread you know I am a worrier. Not in my normal everyday life, only for this one thing. And I like schedules.

I have read (my biggest problem is I read to much) that there are a lot of K-1 visa applicants that drop out of the process due to cold feet, etc. This has been playing in the back of my mind this whole time. :cry2:

Poor cousin, he had to deal with my messages about this and that. I guess I was not being very discreet about my stress, because he would ask me if I am ok. :no:

Then last night at 03:38 I wake up with a pain in my chest. Acid probably, but still at my age you never know. Anyway I call Aisha, and she picks up the phone.

I ask her the normal stuff, then ask where she was at. She says "at home". I ask "why", you are supposed to be in Addis for the medical. She says she is sick, and can not go. I am trying to remain calm, but I am pretty sure my blood pressure was shooting through the roof. My nightmare of her getting cold feet was coming true.

I ask her if she was going to go to Addis for the visa, and come be with me. She said, "no, I stay home", and then hung up on me. :crying:

I do my best to remain calm. Go to the kitchen, drink some water. Come back to bed, get out my PSP (for you young folks that is the Sony Playstation handheld from 2001) and play a round of golf at the Saltgrass. I finish. And then call her cousin to tell him I think we are done.

He answers, but his voice sounds strange. I tell him Aisha is still at home. He says, no she is there with him. My heart dropped 20 stories, or hit the wall at 100mph--either one. I say what? He says she got there about an hour ago, and she can speak to me if I want. I said no. I told him what she has said to me. I could hear him smiling through the phone. He said we are going for lunch, she is here. I said thank you, I am going to sleep now..... :girlwerewolf2xn:

I am sooooo easy a mark it isn't even funny.

Today she sent me a picture of the dress she wants me to get her for her interview :pop::pop::pop: :pop:

And so this is what I am going to have to live with for the rest of my life, a practical joker that is better at it than me. :wub:

I hope now to only survive long enough to see this dang visa......... <_<

My girl seems like the same thing.... Practical joker....... I'm kinda going to miss my peaceful life..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Jaime- oh my goodness!!! That is so awful while at the same time amusing...if my fiancé did that to me I would not talk to him for 3 days.

But I'm a girl, I over react ?

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

So.. I filled the DS-160 for my fiance before we received the NVC number. I don't know if that makes any difference. I'm not sure what to do next. Do we just wait until we get instructions? What did everyone have to do in general after the approval process? Or will I have to do a new one since they actually need the NVC number?

I've gotten the NVC number and invoice already. I was wondering if we have to do anything on our part at this point..

1. What documents did everyone need?

2. I filled out the I134 affidavit and not the I864 or something is that any different? Or do i need to do both?

3. I live on student loans will they need income tax returns for this?

4. Anything else I need to know?

Lot's of questions.. Any input would be helpful. Thanks guys!

The US Embassy in Stockholm will send you Packet 3 via email- this took about a week after I got my NVC case number hard copy. But if you want to go ahead and begin gathering below is what is in the packet (very sorry to everyone else for how long this post will be!!)- P.S you should join us over on the Scandinavian forum :)

CHECKLIST

( ) FEE: There is a $265 fee for each visa application. The fee will be paid through http://www.ustraveldocs.com/se

( ) COMPLETED DS-160 ONLINE APPLICATION FORM. All fiancé(e) visa applicants and their children must complete one DS-160each in order to apply for a K1/K2 visa and seek an appointment. The form can be accessed at: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

You must: 1) complete the online visa application and 2) print the application form confirmation page to bring to your interview. Allquestions on the forms must be answered.

Kindly also note that all applicants (including residents of Denmark and Norway) must select Stockholm, Sweden as the location where the visa will be sought.

( ) PASSPORT: A passport must be valid for travel to the United States and must have at least six months validity beyond the issuance date of the visa.

( ) BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Original Swedish ‘Personbevis’ issued in English. The certificate must state the date and place of birth of both parents and must be from the country where you were born.

( ) POLICE CERTIFICATES: Original Swedish police certificate. Each applicant aged 16 years or over, is required to submit a police certificate from the appropriate judicial or police authorities from the country of the applicant’s nationality or current residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen, as well as from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year, or more since attaining the age of sixteen. For countries not maintaining national police records, a certificate must be obtained from each locality. A police certificate must also be obtained from the police authorities of any place where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of the length of residence. For information on how to obtain a police certificate from a specific country, please visit: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html

( ) COURT AND PRISON RECORDS: Persons convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record, regardless that they may have benefited from an amnesty pardon.

( ) MILITARY RECORDS: A certified copy of any military record is required, either stating that the military service has been completed, or that the applicant is exempt from serving.

( ) PHOTOGRAPHS: Two (2) identical color photographs are required. The photographs must be full face photo, taken within the past six months. The photographs should measure 2 inches square (roughly 50 mm square) with the head centered in the frame.

( ) EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT: Evidence, which will show that you and your children, if any, are not to become public charges in the United States. If you have no assets, you may find a financial sponsor in the U.S. who completes form I-134, Affidavit of Support on your behalf. The sponsor should also provide a copy of the most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (1040) and proof of current U.S. income or assets. Form I-134 can be obtained from Citizenship and Immigration Services’ webpage www.uscis.gov

( ) MEDICAL EXAMINATION: Arrange for a medical examination with one of the Embassy approved panel physicians listed on:http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/STK%20-%20Stockholm.pdf

You are responsible for the cost of the examination. A medical examination is also required for each child who will accompany you. This medical examination will also be accepted by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service for adjustment of status to lawful permanent residence.

( ) EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP: You will be required to submit evidence that you have previously met your fiancé(e), and proof of a valid fiancé(e) relationship with your petitioner. It is, therefore, useful to bring with you letters, photographs, or other evidence of your engagement. Please note that you will not be allowed to bring your phone, tablet or computer to your interview. For residents of Sweden, please make sure to also bring a “Personbevis” from the Swedish tax agency listing civil status and residence in Sweden. Please request the English version.

We also kindly ask all our applicants to read following pamphlet: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Humanitarian/Battered%20Spouse,%20Children%20%26%20Parents/IMBRA%20Pamphlet%20Final%2001-07-2011%20for%20Web%20Posting.pdf

( ) TRANSLATIONS: All documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

IMPORTANT: HOW TO GET YOUR VISA/DOCUMENTS MAILED:

( ) REGISTRATION OF ADDRESS. For residents of Sweden: Fiancé (e) visa applicants residing in Sweden will have to register their Swedish address and choose their visa pick-up location when they book the appointment online. Please bring proof of your registration (your UID confirmation number) at the time of interview.

Please note that you must bring one certified interpreter if you do not speak English well enough to participate unassisted in the visa interview.

IMPORTANT: Once you have completed the DS-160 application form and have all documents in order, please register and create an account at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/se in order to schedule your appointment and pay your visa application fee

Note: All the collected documents are to be presented at the final interview. Do not send any collected documents to this office unless specifically requested to do so.

K-1

Nov 23, 2015: I-129F Packet sent to Dallas
Dec 8, 2015: NOA1 hard copy received - Notice dated Dec 1
Jan 16, 2016: NOA2 hard copy received- Noticed dated Jan 11

March 31, 2016: Interview- approved!

June 30, 2016: POE Boston

July 2, 2016: Married

AOS

July 7, 2016: AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago

July 18, 2016: NOA 1 hard copies received

August 11, 2016: Biometric walk in completed

September 22, 2016: EAD/AP Approval notice

November 14, 2017: AOS Interview- approved on the spot!

December 1, 2017: 2 year conditional green card received

ROC

September 16, 2019: I-751 sent

September 23, 2019: NOA1 and 18 month GC extension letter received- packet headed to Vermont

July 25, 2020: Approved, no interview

Filed: Timeline

My fiance called NVC today for the first time.. they gave him our Case number and invoice number.. and they also told him that it was just forwarded to Manila Embassy today. We are so happy.

Does the nvc notify us that they received our case or do we just call all the time to find out?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.