HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Mine is blank as well. But it was only approved about 5 business days ago so I am still waiting to see if the nvc to recieve my case from the USCIS.

Blank appears to be normal (didn't mean to scare you) - I'd say someone made an unfortunate clerical error with ours.

As a comparison we received our NVC number about 2 weeks from the NOA2 date. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi all.

After the recent small nuclear detonation on this site I went underground...which for most that was probably a good thing.

I have been keeping an eye out, and with all the recent talk of income, poverty level, etc, I just can't help but admire, no not the right word. I am actually in "awe" at how love will overcome logic. I suppose if we were all logical then there would be less spontaneity, and life would certainly be boring. We would be all logical Vulcans. And in actuality we probably wouldn't have K-1 visas. Still I am in awe, as I too am in love but as we are all different I have approached it, well differently. Not to say anyone is doing anything not correct. It just that I myself could not imagine not having the income to support my wife plus then some. I know I come from another generation, and actually come from one even earlier than my generation.

But in commemoration to all you young and older folks who have found that one love and have thrown all logic to the wind I salute you with this blast from the past:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi everyone, question my agency said my rfe was regarding our wedding info... has anyone else had to supply this? Its hard to reserve anytjing sinse we havent even been approved yet. Any suggestions? Is a letter of intent enough to satisfy the rfe?

Timeline

Hi everyone, question my agency said my rfe was regarding our wedding info... has anyone else had to supply this? Its hard to reserve anytjing sinse we havent even been approved yet. Any suggestions? Is a letter of intent enough to satisfy the rfe?

???? That is freaking weird.

What did you not include the letter of intent? If you did then it is weird. If not then that is the answer.

If you did here is a suggestion. Get a marriage service to give you an estimate on a wedding for an estimated date say 5 months from now.

I got one from here in San Antonio that I am taking to the interview. I'm sure there is one in a major city close to you.

Still that is weird....

Edited by Jaime & Aisha

Timeline

Hi yes. I agree, weird for sure. I think the agency misunderdtood the rfe. I asked them to scan the letter over to me. We didnt submit letters of intent to marry, agency didnt mention that. So im thinking the letter of intent from each of us and my quote for wedding planner that i got two weeks ago and my quote for a banquet hall should suffice. I hope, thanks for the quick feedback!

Timeline

Now I know. 100% it is the lack of the letters of intent. You need one for each of you. That is a minimum paperwork requirement. My recommendation is you run rough shot over that firm you got helping you. Manage them. Do not let them run the program for you without your oversight on each element.

They didn't get it right with the letter of intent, then I do not trust them to get anything right.

Just my humble opinion..... :content:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I called the US embassy here in Auckland today. I specifically asked the lady about the number of years of tax returns we need to provide. She said we don't need tax returns just proof of income that the petitioner earns above $20,000. She also asked me if I had savings (I don't since I'm a student) so she said I had to ask my parents to write a letter saying that they will be responsible for me financially if things don't work out and we don't get married(i.e. ticket back home).

So we need I-134 form, letter from employer, recent pay subs.... How can we show that the petitioner earns over the poverty line? is that information found in the tax returns transcripts?

Timeline

Our RFE was asking for a letter of intent too, in the letter it says "evidence of the beneficiary intent may be a statement, wedding preparations or other evidence that clearly establishes her intent to marry".

My fiances step mum took care of the paperwork for our petition and she works in an agency. Later she told us that they may ask for a letter of intent from each of us :( I

In my letter I included a statement and the small wedding ideas we have in our minds.

Edited by Lucky_2

Timeline

Hi, no we didnt turn in any letter of intent, im going to send in his and mine signed letters and a quote for a banquet hall im looking into and a wedding planner quote i have in mind. My next question is, do it have to be his "wet" signature for the letter of intent or can he scan me a letter that he signed?

Timeline

Now I know. 100% it is the lack of the letters of intent. You need one for each of you. That is a minimum paperwork requirement. My recommendation is you run rough shot over that firm you got helping you. Manage them. Do not let them run the program for you without your oversight on each element.

They didn't get it right with the letter of intent, then I do not trust them to get anything right.

Just my humble opinion..... :content:

Agreed, thank you for the feedback. Im definitely checking their work twice now.

Timeline

Hi, no we didnt turn in any letter of intent, im going to send in his and mine signed letters and a quote for a banquet hall im looking into and a wedding planner quote i have in mind. My next question is, do it have to be his "wet" signature for the letter of intent or can he scan me a letter that he signed?

It has to be the original letter from your fiance with his "wet" signature.

Edited by Lucky_2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.