Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

INTERVIEW

17 days,

20 hours,

Edited by Jaime & Aisha

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

I _believe_ the income requirement for k-1 is 100%, and for the step where you file the 864, it's 125%. my opinion: if you are below 125%, you should be considering a co sponsor.

from my reading, they are interested in sufficient AND stable income. if you are near the line, or in any way unconventionally employed, I think convincing them of stability is as important.

personally I don't believe that having only one year of tax returns would be a deal killer, as long as you had other evidence to show that the income is stable. a letter from an employe is important in this respect.

@esteemed greenbaum, I have read several times on this forum and also other websights that 3 years of tax returns are advised because they have been asked for by the consulate, despite what the consulate's online instructions might state. this might only be in regards to Thailand, but it is the case. it does seem educated Europeans are given less scrutiny than those from less developed areas. I don't know exactly what they want so yes, I am providing my fiancee with 5 years of tax returns, just in case. if the embassy doesn't ask, she won't show them, but I have an unconventional employment situation and feel a need to demonstrate stability, even though my income is well above the requirements. I don't believe a one size fits all solution is accurate or appropriate in this situation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Great news Trudi, so soon! Good luck Abisflores! get ready for some shots haha

Interview in 18 days for me!

Edited by sandminlove

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Relax. It's not a big deal.

Your names and address are written by a "person" and it's for the mailing of your NOA1 and NOA2. If you look you probably will see it correct on NOA1 but wrong on NOA2 or vice versa. It doesn't matter.

What matters is that the actually visa that they put inside your passport is CORRECT. If not that is the time to react. Now breath deeply and stop overthinking the process.

Thank you, Greenbaum. Checked both of my NOAs and they had the correct names and spelling for both of us, which is why I was panicking on how they could mess up so bad on this. I'm just worried that they will end up issuing the visa in his old name, when everything has already been changed to his new legal name. I"m gonna call the embassy this morning just in case. Thank you again for your reply!

ROC I-797C

ROC Sent: 6/21/18

ROC Received: 6/23/18

NOA1: 7/5/18

NOA2: Reused Biometrics: 3/16/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi everyone, i had a rfe sent january 29th and as of Saturday the agency that did our application hasn't recieved the letter stating what it is. Even though i have an idea what it is, has anyone experienced a delay in getting the rfe letter. They said 7-10 days... i guess its technically has been 8 "mailing days". Thanks for your experience and replies.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

So.. I filled the DS-160 for my fiance before we received the NVC number. I don't know if that makes any difference. I'm not sure what to do next. Do we just wait until we get instructions? What did everyone have to do in general after the approval process? Or will I have to do a new one since they actually need the NVC number?

I've gotten the NVC number and invoice already. I was wondering if we have to do anything on our part at this point..

1. What documents did everyone need?

2. I filled out the I134 affidavit and not the I864 or something is that any different? Or do i need to do both?

3. I live on student loans will they need income tax returns for this?

4. Anything else I need to know?

Lot's of questions.. Any input would be helpful. Thanks guys!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

It's been a long time since I posted but I wanted to send an update in case this happened with anyone else...

Our case was approve on Jan 11 and on the 27th we received our NVC number when I called to check the status. Today I called again only to have the NVC tell me they SENT IT BACK to USCIS because the Priority Date was later than the Approval Date.

I spoke with 3 different people in the NVC and they all said they didn't understand why it would be sent back for this. And when I called the USCIS they told me that all of our dates looked correct. Finally I spoke with a supervisor who told me the case appeared to have arrived back at the California Center this morning and he was requesting a Service Request to update me on the status of this.

This is all extremely disheartening and frustrating. I wouldn't wish this on anyone else. An update like this when we were preparing to schedule medical and interieiw appointments is not easy. It's my hope that there was some sort of clerical mistake and this gets corrected soon.

Hopefully very soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

What exactly do the priority dates mean?

It's a field on the NOA2 - ours was blank on the hardcopy the sent. But a woman at the USCIS told me this date should have been 11/25 (the date they received our case).

Filed: Timeline

It's a field on the NOA2 - ours was blank on the hardcopy the sent. But a woman at the USCIS told me this date should have been 11/25 (the date they received our case).

Mine is blank as well. But it was only approved about 5 business days ago so I am still waiting to see if the nvc to recieve my case from the USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.