HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

IandI, on 06 Feb 2016 - 11:20 PM, said:

Being above and being the amount above they want are two different things. I am above the poverty line but not above enough to not require a Cosponsor.

You only need to be at or above. If that is your case then you are good to go. If you are above by ONE penny or more NO cosponsor is needed. If your under then yes you should prepare for a co-sponsor.

Your over thinking this. Here is the new 2016 poverty guidelines.

post-154649-0-61001400-1454821724_thumb.jpg

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

LoveinUganda, on 07 Feb 2016 - 12:02 AM, said:

I still don't have a damn clue what to do with my NRB number and how this embassy will magically just contact me saying oh nows the time for you to schedule interview........this sucks

I think I remember telling you to check the website for the Embassy that you are processing through. Or if not, if you had read some of the other posts, many like you are not reading and following the instructions from your website. Do your home work please.

All visa applicants, except those listed below, must apply for their visa by visiting this website or through the assistance of a call center at +256-312-411-200+256-312-411-200 (in Uganda), +1-703-439-2303+1-703-439-2303 (in the United States), or using Skype ID: usvisauganda. You may also email contactus_en_UG@usvisa-info.com with questions about fee payment and appointment scheduling. You may check the current wait time for a visa interview appointment here. [links are on the Embassy website]

http://kampala.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html

There is more, please use the link for your embassy above and educate yourself. Once that is done and if you require help, many are here to help you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Timeline

You only need to be at or above. If that is your case then you are good to go. If you are above by ONE penny or more NO cosponsor is needed. If your under then yes you should prepare for a co-sponsor.

2016-02-07_0-07-00.jpg

I am just making sure we don't have reason to be denied. So for fiancé visa it's 100 percent above poverty line and for green card it's 125 percent?

Edited by IandI

Jaime & Aisha, on 06 Feb 2016 - 11:33 PM, said:

Sir Greenbaum now I am pulling out my paperbag again. I had not read this instruction about proving you are a US citizen if born outside the USA.

I was never issued a FS-240 form.

I provided all my birth documents I had as part of the I-134 which I front loaded. Now I read what you sent, and I see this instruction about the FS-240.

I was born in a US Army hospital (my mom was a US Army Captain, and my dad a US Army Sgt) outside of Paris (that should tell you I'm old). The consulate issued the birth certificate (FS-545), the French issued 2 other documents that I can't read (in French).

In 1999 I got a job that required me to show my social security card, which I had lost. I went to the SS office and they laughed, because I was in their system as a 'non-citizen'. They said it was not a big issue, just show them my birth certificate which I had with me (always prepared). They corrected it. But now I am wondering. Since I don't have a FS-240 will that be a issue?

What does your birth certificate say? I am assuming you have a US Passport, right? If so then your parents must of reported your birth to some US entity, that helped your parents avail to your passport.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

lacolinab13, on 06 Feb 2016 - 11:43 PM, said:

Before my fiancé and I decided to move to the US, I moved to his country (Peru) and applied for residency there. The process there is very fast compared to the US (took me about two months from start to finish) and much cheaper, but it was so frustrating because of the general lack of organization and information. No info online for some steps, or only out-of-date info. No phone number to call and find out what I needed to provide for certain steps. Immigration would ask me for a paper from the work ministry, the work ministry would say they no longer provided those, I'd go to immigration and they would insist they needed it. When I went to the office one person would tell me one thing, and the next day a colleague would contradict that. I'd ask for a list of documents to bring, would bring the full list they had given me, only to be told I needed another document and "oh, you don't have it? Then we can't do anything." I had to travel twice to the capital, a 20 hour bus ride (or short flight, but expensive given that I couldn't work), etc etc ...

This process is long and stressful and requires plenty of documention, but personally I at least feel that it's clear what we need to do. You can find most of the required information on official websites, and if not, there is almost always someone to call or email who will eventually answer. I feel that the process is much more fair and standardized - not perfect, of course.

I'll definitely be glad when I no longer have to interact with immigration offices!

Thanks for sharing your story. I learned long ago that there is someone out there that has a tale of whoa greater then mine. I agree, I cannot wait till I don't have to deal with all this B$. I am now processing the ROC for my wife and my step kids. Shortly after that it's citizenship and then I am DONE.

lacolinab13, on 06 Feb 2016 - 11:47 PM, said:

I was also born outside of the US - actually, also in Paris!

But I thought that for the K-1 visa process, submitting a copy of your entire US passport (if valid for more than 5 years) was enough - and negated a need for birth certificate + CRBA. Interested to the answer to this too.

Birth certificate is a requirement. Follow the links I gave Jaime to learn more.

IandI, on 07 Feb 2016 - 12:25 AM, said:

I am just making sure we don't have reason to be denied. So for fiancé visa it's 100 percent above poverty line and for green card it's 125 percent?

Yes that is correct.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Ok folks. I am outta here to bed. Hope your tomorrow is brighter and filled with sunshine.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

What does your birth certificate say? I am assuming you have a US Passport, right? If so then your parents must of reported your birth to some US entity, that helped your parents avail to your passport.

It says "DEPARTMENT OF STATE Foreign Service Of the United States of America Certification of Birth" Then information typed (as they did back in the day). Signed by the Consul (that is the title), with a seal of US government. It is form FS-545 11-17-59

In witness Whereof, I have hereunto subscribed my name and affixed the seal of the Consular Service of the United States of America at Paris, France this DATE...

I also provided my Baptism paper, which as usual they mis-spelled my name which I just noticed right now (yes just now after how many years), dang Anglo-Saxons can't ever get right. Jamie is a girl's name :ranting: ...

The two French documents (they spell my name right) are "Extrait du Registre des acts...." and speaks to the birth in the Hospital l'Americain.

Passport? Of course, how else do i travel around the globe, and go to places that the State Dept tells me not to go to? And meet Aisha... I had a Top Secret clearance that ended last year. So I am guessing the State Dept people have access to that info as well.

Edited by Jaime & Aisha

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Birth certificate is a requirement. Follow the links I gave Jaime to learn more.

I think I might be confused as to what stage we are talking about the birth certificate being a requirement. I thought this had to do with the K-1 process. I looked at the last links you posted but am still confused - is this in conjunction with the I-864 during AOS? I'm still not seeing where the birth certificate is a requirement.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I can be annoying.... :reading:

I provided my birth certificate, and all the associated documents I have associated with that time of my life in reference to the I-134 as stated in question 1 if not born in the united states (front load).

The birth certificate form that I reference FS-545 falls under List C of USCIS acceptable documentation. So I would need to provide one item from List B, Driver's License, for identification. The driver's license provides the 'photo'.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents/list-documents/form-i-9-acceptable-documents

U.S. consulates stopped issuing FS-545s after Nov. 1, 1990. Although the forms have been discontinued, all previously issued FS-545s are still considered valid as proof of citizenship and identity and for other legal purposes. The FS-545 is often submitted to establish U.S. citizenship and the identity of any U.S. citizens born abroad. Any U.S. citizen who has given birth in another country before Nov. 1, 1990 can also use the FS-545 to report the birth of the child to any U.S. Embassy or consulate.

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Ah, I see now what you are referring to! Thanks.

I hadn't looked at the I-134 form since a few months ago when my father and I looked it over since he will be a joint sponsor. (At the time, I didn't know I had to fill one out too - I am just moving back to the US so my income is currently zero). Got it now.

Sounds like you are sending more than enough proof. :)

Filed: Country: Uganda
Timeline

I think I remember telling you to check the website for the Embassy that you are processing through. Or if not, if you had read some of the other posts, many like you are not reading and following the instructions from your website. Do your home work please.

All visa applicants, except those listed below, must apply for their visa by visiting this website or through the assistance of a call center at +256-312-411-200+256-312-411-200 (in Uganda), +1-703-439-2303+1-703-439-2303 (in the United States), or using Skype ID: usvisauganda. You may also email contactus_en_UG@usvisa-info.com with questions about fee payment and appointment scheduling. You may check the current wait time for a visa interview appointment here. [links are on the Embassy website]

http://kampala.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html

There is more, please use the link for your embassy above and educate yourself. Once that is done and if you require help, many are here to help you.

You continue to be very condescending and act like a know it all. So I'll participate back with your negative attitude. First off this is a community of members who are all going through the same process. When it comes to uncertainty questions should and will be asked we are not all knowing like the great Greenbaum is. That's why we help each other.

Second of all despite your condescending tone and attitude, I do appreciate any help from anyone including you.

I have stated numerous times that the embassy we have to go through for our process is not Uganda but Kenya. You keep referring me back to Uganda's site.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

2016-02-07_0-07-00.jpg

This is for 100% not 125% though right? I read that now they look at 125% even for interview so even though I don't know if that's true or not I recommend everyone tries to be above 125% or get a sponsor. Edited by sandminlove

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is for 100% not 125% though right? I read that now they look at 125% even for interview so even though I don't know if that's true or not I recommend everyone tries to be above 125% or get a sponsor.

Every consulate is different, from what I have read. Some want 100% and others 125%. You will need at least 125% for AOS, so it makes sense to show that amount at the interview. In my case (Philippines) they want to see 125% or more at the interview. Remember, they are looking for sufficient income to avoid the beneficiary becoming a public charge. So the higher you (or your sponsor) can eclipse that amount, the better your chances. Yes, I know we only need to meet the requirements. But I believe more is better.

The 2016 chart that I saw shows that to be 100% with a 3 member household. I'll try to post complete chart

2016 Federal Poverty Level Guidelines_0.pdf

Edited by Ted & Janine

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Thank you Ted & Janine that will help a lot of people! My embassy doesn't say if they look at 100 or 125 but I'm with you that the higher or at least 125 would be best.

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.